Finding Nemo will be Pixar's first bomb...

Comments

• Reply 61 of 92
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I think it's cute that lots of you guys, like applenut and groverat, go to see these kids' movies.

• Reply 62 of 92
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I think it's cute that lots of you guys, like applenut and groverat, go to see these kids' movies.

im a kid at heart and always will be.

besides that, it has a lot of multilevel humor that "adults" will find very funny.
  • Reply 63 of 92
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

tell them it's like Moby and the album Play.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Reply 64 of 92
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    What a great movie.

If you have a theater near you with digital projection, it's definatly worth it to see in digital. The color and picture are so clear it's just amazing. The blacks are really black, not a flickering gray!

I think that the Increadables will be good. I know the trailer wasn't much, but I remember thinking that Finding Nemo would be stupid after seeing it's first trailers. I was wrong about that.

I also enjoyed the short at the begining of it, but I forget what it was called. I love how they do that, it makes you feel like you get more for your money.

Did anyone pick up other pixar movie references? There was a Buzz Lightyear doll on the floor of the dentist office. [For those that don't remember there was also a toy fish in Monster's Inc.] Anything else?
  • Reply 65 of 92
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

When will you people learn?

Everything High Lord and Master Jobs does turns to gold

Now everyone that was a doubtful Thomas repeat after me:

"Jobs is GOD, he will lead us to enlightenment" [/B]

rumor has it that "His Steveness" had a HUGE grin on his face Monday morning at 1IL..... what, with Nemo's record-breaking weekend, iTMS indie expansion, and WWDC coming up in a few weeks, can ya blame him?
  • Reply 66 of 92
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Finding Nemo was the big fish at the weekend box office, swimming to number one in its debut with about $70.6 million in domestic ticket sales, a record opening for an animated film, the Hollywood trade papers reported.

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

Bomb...AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Moron.

Moron?
  • Reply 67 of 92
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

Moron?

Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

I think this may be the least successful of all of the films so far.

Yes.
  • Reply 68 of 92
    enaena Posts: 667member
    BR is being funny? And awake---at the same time?

Nice.

When we tried to go see it the first time it was sold out---had to take the kids to the first show the next day. I'll laugh my ass off if this makes more money than the Matwitx.

Also, isn't this the last film Pixar has to make for the punters at Disney?
  • Reply 69 of 92
    Quote:

Originally posted by ena

BR is being funny? And awake---at the same time?

Nice.

When we tried to go see it the first time it was sold out---had to take the kids to the first show the next day. I'll laugh my ass off if this makes more money than the Matwitx.

Also, isn't this the last film Pixar has to make for the punters at Disney?

pixar owes disney two more, both of which are in production. after that pixar will probably just use a studio for distribution, but no 50/50 deal like they have with disney now. which means unless they have anymore lilo's up their sleeve disney is in deep trouble in the animation department.
  • Reply 70 of 92
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

...iTMS indie expansion...

• Reply 71 of 92
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

pixar owes disney two more, both of which are in production. after that pixar will probably just use a studio for distribution, but no 50/50 deal like they have with disney now. which means unless they have anymore lilo's up their sleeve disney is in deep trouble in the animation department.

no kidding. to whomever it was ealrier in this thread who called pixar movies "kid" movies, i have to strongly disagree, and here's why...

when my wife and i left the theater, one of the main topics of conversation was how unDisney the pixar flicks are. think about it... if disney had come up with "finding nemo," they would have had coral (and all the kids) come back tthrough some implausible miracle at the end, as well as other stupid "feel good" circumstances. disney would have hammered ONE and ONLY ONE moral home over the course of the story, while pixar takes several levels with this picture. that sort of thing...

either way, the movie was quite good. it's actually the first pixar flick i might buy on dvd when it comes out.

p.s. i don't think i am spoiling anything for those who have not seen it already, but just in case:

i found the "interior whale" shot to be ASTOUNDING! each flick, pixar likes to have one "show-off" shot or scene, where the 3D-philes can all go "oooooooooooh." in toy story, it was the shots down the street, with about several thousand leaves on the trees blowing in the breeze. in Monsters, Inc, it's the shot where Scully is lying down in the snow, and the wind blows across his fur with ice cryctals and snow on the strands. this movie, i would have to say it was that whale shot (and the PERFECT sloshing of the water and foam back doan the throat).
  • Reply 72 of 92
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i found the "interior whale" shot to be ASTOUNDING! each flick, pixar likes to have one "show-off" shot or scene, where the 3D-philes can all go "oooooooooooh." in toy story, it was the shots down the street, with about several thousand leaves on the trees blowing in the breeze. in Monsters, Inc, it's the shot where Scully is lying down in the snow, and the wind blows across his fur with ice cryctals and snow on the strands. this movie, i would have to say it was that whale shot (and the PERFECT sloshing of the water and foam back doan the throat).

i thought the school of jelly fish scene and the initial coral scenes were more impressive.
  • Reply 73 of 92
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

i thought the school of jelly fish scene and the initial coral scenes were more impressive.

check out the Monsters Inc. extras---there's a shot in the early stages of getting the math right on sulley's hair. In the sequence, his fur starts to MASSIVELY TRIP OUT.

If anyone has done solid modleing you will feel thier pain.
  • Reply 74 of 92
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i saw it too, excellent

and for all the naysayers

Animated film poised to be summer's biggest hit
  • Reply 75 of 92
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Excellent movie.
  • Reply 76 of 92
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Loved it.

Notice how the theatre LOOKS empty, but its actually FULL of really really little people who's heads dont show over the tops of the seats from behind? I love it. Ain't that cute?

I was surprised that even though the room was packed with kids, they were ALL completely quite and totally amazed at the story. I didn't hear a peep!
  • Reply 77 of 92
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    its number one again over the weekend.

boffo box office.

no bomb.
  • Reply 78 of 92
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Heh... my brother went out to The Matrix with some friends, and because they're all under 17, they had to buy tickets for Finding Nemo and then just sneak into The Matrix. I don't think that happened much though, certainly not enough to actually affect the box office numbers.
  • Reply 79 of 92
    mggmgg Posts: 124member
    I give this movie a 3 out of 5. The graphics are good and for a disney movie i think that the story line is fairly good. I don't think that it is their big flop.
  • Reply 80 of 92
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member