Brothers in Arms

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 80
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    If I was a twelve year old palestinian boy. I would throw stones to.

And Scott, Hamas are gay, happy?
  • Reply 62 of 80
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tulkas

Great stats. Essentially useless, but great anyway. I guess you have never seen the photo's of Palestian children taking part in the activities that put them directly in harms way. It is common practice with the Palestinian militant groups to train and use minors, especially because it then gives great photo ops showing children hurt and killed. Though you don't see as many such photos showing the children holding rifles and throwing molotovs, mainly because Arafat and the PA decided those photos don't present the image they want to the world. They now actively prevent such photos from being taken and the press seems to go right along with it.

If kids throw stones its okay to kill them. Fair enough.
  • Reply 63 of 80
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

some text/images that illustrate this point.

Thanx Alcimedes,

And then I ask myself as an ex teacher...

Why isn't he a school ?

Why aren't any of these palestinian boys at school ?

And then I ask myself..

Who's looking after the kids ? \
  • Reply 64 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

And then I ask myself as an ex teacher...

Why isn't he a school ?

Why aren't any of these palestinian boys at school ?

I attend university because I see a future for myself where what I learn is useful for me.
  • Reply 65 of 80
    Quote:

And then I ask myself..

Who's looking after the kids ?

• Reply 66 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I attend university because I see a future for myself where what I learn is useful for me.

Anders I appreciate your point, but I still see them as children, who are the future of Palestine.

They're business is to be at school helping to create a positive future for themselves, their families & their nation, not being sucked into a maelstrom of violence into which they are just being used as so many expendable pawns.

Shame on their parents & friends.

Surely they're lives have value & meaning beyond throwing stones and dying in the name of what.?

Their playing out a role that now flies in the face of what their prime minister wants.. Peace..
  • Reply 67 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

And when the IDF and independent sources carried out an examination of the death of that little boy, they concluded that he was shot by palestinians.

By the way New..

Explain this one please.

• Reply 68 of 80
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

If kids throw stones its okay to kill them. Fair enough.

Throwing them at heavily armed soldier does increase their chances of being shot, without it implying that they were targeted by the Israeli govenment. Sending them in with rifles would increase their chances even more.

As I said, the PA and other terrorist groups place them in harms way, train them and arm them.
  • Reply 69 of 80
    Quote:

And when the IDF and independent sources carried out an examination of the death of that little boy, they concluded that he was shot by palestinians.

Are you sure about that, or have you been reading some not-to-objective websites?

Quote:

By the way New..

Explain this one please.

I already did:
    Quote:

Scott, Hamas are gay, happy?

• Reply 70 of 80
    Quote:

As I said, the PA and other terrorist groups place them in harms way, train them and arm them.

And what should the israel government do to these children, throwing stones and put there by others? Shoot them?

PA a terrorist group? Sliding from supporting terrorists to being a terrorist group? Please qualify this.
  • Reply 71 of 80
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Keep spinning your wheels New. Maybe someday with your support Hamas and IJ and PA and Arafat can realize their goal of recreating the holocaust in Israel.
  • Reply 72 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Are you sure about that, or have you been reading some not-to-objective websites?

New,

How about posting some more of your " objective sites " in relation to this image of yours.

I researched it & found the majority said the boy was killed accidently in "cross-fire " .

For the those that blames the IDF, there were an equal number who blamed the PLO...

A long way from it supporting you position as proof positive regarding the claim that the IDF is deliberatley targetting children as "policy ".

Nothing to say about my image I note !

Your silence speaks volumes.

Ps: With all due respect, can you get off the Gay Hamas thing please..its not needed in your discussions with me.

Thanx New.
  • Reply 73 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Keep spinning your wheels New. Maybe someday with your support Hamas and IJ and PA and Arafat can realize their goal of recreating the holocaust in Israel.

one word: brainwash.

I post the statistics of a Israeli human rights group. You accuse me of wanting to recreate the holocaust.

You must have a secret crush on Sharon or something...
  • Reply 74 of 80
    Quote:

New,

How about posting some more of your " objective sites " in relation to this image of yours.

I researched it & found the majority said the boy was killed accidently in "cross-fire " .

For the those that blames the IDF, there were an equal number who blamed the PLO...

A long way from it supporting you position as proof positive regarding the claim that the IDF is deliberatley targetting children as "policy ".

Ps: With all due respect, can you get off the Gay Hamas thing please..its not needed in your discussions with me.

Thanx New.

Ooops Sorry..itchy trigger fingers
  • Reply 75 of 80
    Quote:

I researched it & found the majority said the boy was killed accidently in "cross-fire " . For the those that blames the IDF, there were an equal number who blamed the PLO....

Did you find those websites comforting?

like this one?

As a professional army, the IDF has to obey international law in their conduct in the occupied territories. They are not.

Quote:

Sorry about the gay thing. I know that sound offensive. I never claimed there wern't nutcases among the palestinian.

Actually I suspect the Hamas get more and more volunteers every day. I see that as a product of desperation. The Hamas are playing on the feelings of a very oppressed people, with few other alternatives.
  • Reply 76 of 80
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Cry me a river for the terrorists New.
  • Reply 77 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Did you find those websites comforting?

like this one?

As a professional army, the IDF has to obey international law in their conduct in the occupied territories. They are not.

Sorry about the gay thing. I know that sound offensive. I never claimed there wern't nutcases among the palestinian.

Actually I suspect the Hamas get more and more volunteers every day. I see that as a product of desperation. The Hamas are playing on the feelings of a very oppressed people, with few other alternatives.

New, I re iterate:

If the IDF is breaking international conventions then the evidence should be handed over to the international court of human justice in the Hague.

As regards Hamas etc, we can agree that they are playing on the feelings of desperate people who see no other outlet..

But you also have to ask yourself, with all the billions upon billions of dollars poured into the PLO's hands over the years..where has all that money gone ?

The Hamas group are right in accusing the Palestinian authority of outright corruption, theft on a grand scale, as well as maintaining a system of nepotistic tyranny over the their own people.

Where I differ with Hamas is in its use of suicide bombers to kill civilians..again a point that Dershowitz espouses.

But even if Hamas become the core of the next government in Palestine, I truly doubt if the corruption will go away.

More likely it will just be less obvious...mainly because of the use of force. Remember Mao's dictum "

" Power comes from the barrel of a gun "

This seems to be the only language both sides want to speak..:

Ps Don't worry about the Gay thing. It's just that I try to live by the idea that intelligent arguments ae the best way to disarm a critic. ( I get cranky too \ ) but mostly I try to be cool8)
  • Reply 78 of 80
    Quote:

PA a terrorist group? Sliding from supporting terrorists to being a terrorist group? Please qualify this.

Fatah, a terrorist organisation, is well known as a brnach of the PLO. PA is simply the political arm of PLO. PA = terrorist organisation.
  • Reply 79 of 80
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Desperation created by their own leadership.
  • Reply 80 of 80
    Quote:

Desperation created by their own leadership.

Thats not how the world works. action and reaction.