New Apple Store look...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I DIG it the most!

Check it out!

Question: what are in the clear cylinders in the two boxes near the front? T-shirts? Probably for the grand opening, huh?

Rats...I was hoping Apple was finally getting a clue (and realize the goldmine they're sitting on) and start selling Apple logo merchandise (hats, shirts, keychains, mugs, etc.).

Maybe someday.

I've heard from several people that they do this at the Cupertino HQ store, right? So don't come in here and say "that's not Steve's thing...he doesn't like that" because they wouldn't do it in Cupertino, right?

The one company with the most devoted, loyal and fanatical following (who'd pay ridiculous amounts of money to adorn their cubicles, offices, bodies and cars with Apple loot) and they totally don't seem to want to do it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Ikea
  • Reply 2 of 32
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Looks kinda "Gap-y" to me. But yeah, IKEA too. That's not a bad thing, either.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    spikespike Posts: 20member
    Pretty sure that's the Chestnut Hill MA store that just opened today, and yeah, the tubes are the free T-shirts for the opening.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    The front-most iPod on the right iMac table is tipped over!
  • Reply 5 of 32
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    This is nothing new. I've been to stores that opened months ago that sport this same layout. All the smaller stores are set up this way, though only the newest few lost the hardwood and got wooden tables. Still, not news.
  • Reply 6 of 32
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I've heard from several people that they do this at the Cupertino HQ store, right? So don't come in here and say "that's not Steve's thing...he doesn't like that" because they wouldn't do it in Cupertino, right?

well, technically that store is the "Company Store" not an Apple Retail Store so they have that merchandise for employees eventhough its open to the public
  • Reply 7 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDude

This is nothing new. I've been to stores that opened months ago that sport this same layout. All the smaller stores are set up this way, though only the newest few lost the hardwood and got wooden tables. Still, not news.

Well, iBeg to differ...it's "news" in the sense that I (and I'm sure many others here) haven't seen it and it was posted today on a popular news/rumor site, pertaining to this new store opening this weekend.

Wasn't like I found a link/article from March for crying out loud.

In any case, we're not all lucky enough to live among these stores, so forgive the occasional lapse in "newsworthy" selections. What's old hat to you might be brand new to many of us.

I'm pretty good at determining what's worth posting and notifying people about. Been doing this a long time...
  • Reply 8 of 32
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Whoa, white balance issue! Looks better when fixed.

Well, it's definitely a cheaper ceiling. I hope the computers look OK under those 2x4 fluorescents. 1x4's would have looked better IMO, and gotten more even distribution. It's not like the electrical bill is that high with fluorescents. I'm surprised there's not a big honking Apple logo dead center on that genius bar desk. The screens are interesting/curious. The kids area seats and rug look a bit out of place, a bit token. Floors look fine and it doesn't look cluttered, so that's a big plus.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    Straightened the pic and removed that yellow cast and sharpened it a bit. Quick and dirty (not really looking for any Photoshop critiquing, okay?)

But an improvement for sure.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Looks better than my fix. I just did a color variation in PS and reduced red and increased blue. Looked dark. Your looks better, nice and sunny.

What's in all the boxes under the tables?
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Levels, curves and white/black point eyedropper, my brother

2-3 clicks and a drag or two.

We determined that those were the T-shirts given out to the attendees of the grand opening today.
  • Reply 12 of 32
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

I DIG it the most!

Check it out!

Question: what are in the clear cylinders in the two boxes near the front? T-shirts? Probably for the grand opening, huh?

Rats...I was hoping Apple was finally getting a clue (and realize the goldmine they're sitting on) and start selling Apple logo merchandise (hats, shirts, keychains, mugs, etc.).

Maybe someday.

The one company with the most devoted, loyal and fanatical following (who'd pay ridiculous amounts of money to adorn their cubicles, offices, bodies and cars with Apple loot) and they totally don't seem to want to do it.

Where do they keep the software?? Front or Back?
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Buried in the Mac Rumors WWDC webcast report:

"Other hints of things to come, include plans for significant Apple Store floor-plan redesigns in the week after WWDC, suggesting new product releases."

Hmmm...
  • Reply 14 of 32
    joekjoek Posts: 93member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Buried in the Mac Rumors WWDC webcast report:

"Other hints of things to come, include plans for significant Apple Store floor-plan redesigns in the week after WWDC, suggesting new product releases."

Hmmm...

they changed/clarified it

Quote:

Other hints of things to come, include plans for significant Apple Store product-display changes in the week after WWDC, which has historically occurred with new product releases

• Reply 15 of 32
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

viles of sars, and on the right anthrax.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Check out those Black Orbs in the far back near hte eMacs...I guess those are some sort of seat, very...strange.
  • Reply 17 of 32
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Check out those Black Orbs in the far back near hte eMacs...I guess those are some sort of seat, very...strange.

Those are for playing with all the kid software on the eMacs.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

Where do they keep the software?? Front or Back?

in the way back and the kids section... there are also some shelves in the area across from the kids section (etc. I believe)...

the layout is not new. the smaller store format is like this. most of the stores opened this year are like this... the furnishing however is much different... there is usually a wooden floor with white tables... What kinda floor is that?
  • Reply 19 of 32
    gycgyc Posts: 90member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDude

Yep. The Apple Store in Novi, MI has the same layout, w/o the new furniture, dividers, or floor.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    On the side of the under-construction Burlingame store is what looks to be the a very long and slender display window/case...so each store isn't just a plain old cookie-cutter copy of a single blueprint, especially the ones that have to fit into existing architecture, which the Burlingame store isn't. I'm having trouble gauging the size of this store in particular. On the outside it looks in between the 1.0 and 2.0 store revision sizes.

Those Soho style big tables in the picture probably aren't suggestive of anything. Maybe Apple expects to have more products to display... or maybe they finally figured out those solid white slabs were reaaaaaally uninviting.