• Reply 41 of 52
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The SoHo market? What?
  • Reply 42 of 52
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

the 10.3 X has no personality.

Its bulky, big, un-sexy... totally geared to a Business audience.

its not aimed for the business it has the same newer features as 10.2 but also has new things for the biz world. I don't see how any of the new stuff makes it unsexy except maybe the metal finder
  • Reply 43 of 52
    Maybe if one of the lines of the Panther X was thinner than the other, as with previous X's.

• Reply 44 of 52
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Maybe if one of the lines of the Panther X was thinner than the other, as with previous X's.

Yeah, that might help a bit.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/

• Reply 45 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

Yeah, that might help a bit.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/

I'm not going to start nit-picking about stupid things like the @#$%^&* logo.

Besides? I wouldn't be surprised if someone else beat me to it.
  • Reply 46 of 52
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

Besides? I wouldn't be surprised if someone else beat me to it.

No doubt truckloads of angry fix-the-Panther-logo letters are on 1 Infinite Loop's doorstep already.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    Personally, I was really hoping for a pink furry X.

I'm serious.

But, I understand that, as Apple zeroes in on enterprise it has to emphasize powerful tech and rock-solid stability. Hence, the new "unfriendly" G5 design; and the new "unfriendly" X logo.

However, the furry spotted Jaguar X will always hold a special place in my heart. I remember the first time I saw it -- "They didn't... they did! That is absolutely perfect!"
  • Reply 48 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

No doubt truckloads of angry fix-the-Panther-logo letters are on 1 Infinite Loop's doorstep already.

Along with "You icons' quality is sliding," "PowerMac and Cheese Grater," and "Down With Metal, Up With Aqua" letters. Pff, they'll find anything to whine about.
  • Reply 49 of 52
    ...maybe they could have made the X in shiney black fur......mmmh?
  • Reply 50 of 52
    Quote:

Originally posted by superstar

...maybe they could have made the X in shiney black fur......mmmh?

Let's ask Pixar. What's their number?
  • Reply 51 of 52
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Perhaps the guy who was in charge of posing the specs to the apple store was supposed to liason with Pixar to do some nice Panther fur for the logo and Steve was pressuring him to get it done by the WWDC so he took his eye off what he was doing, posted the specs by mistake and then Steve fired him so the logo never got finished
  • Reply 52 of 52
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Since this is strictly and opinion thread (oh wait...that' what ALL the threads here are...anyway...) I give mine.

I LOVE the new logo. IMHO it is MUCH better than the previous two.