My iSight Pics

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just got iSight, and go here for the unveiling.







Not as great as those new Powerbook, iBook unveiling's. Great cam, just need the rest of my bud's to get them so I can use it. And pray that Apple allows Mac->Windows for this thing since most of my buddy's use a pc.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 38
    damn you....now I have to go order one
  • Reply 2 of 38
    Just like the iPod box...mmm...high end boxes...
  • Reply 3 of 38
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Slotracer152

    damn you....now I have to go order one



  • Reply 4 of 38
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bperkins





    laugh it up...mines on the way



    [edit] should be here tomorrow...I'm excited...now I gotta convince my friends to get Macs so I can chat with them
  • Reply 5 of 38
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

    And pray that Apple allows Mac->Windows for this thing since most of my buddy's use a pc.



    Not at the moment. It's a Mac-only app. iChat AV is still in beta so don't expect any cross compatibilty before early next year (if at all).



    UPDATE: SEE POST BELOW!
  • Reply 6 of 38
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

    Not at the moment. It's a Mac-only app. iChat AV is still in beta so don't expect any cross compatibilty before early next year (if at all).





    Is there no videoconferencing in AIM?



    if there was, then surely apple could make it compatible with iChat AV.



    at anyrate, I hope iChat supports MSN, yahoo, and ICQ in the future.
  • Reply 7 of 38
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    I hear ya slotracer! Hey maybe we need new friends since they do not use the good stuff.



    I just posted a size comparison.



    You can view them here.



  • Reply 8 of 38
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Here is Fellows new iSight!!!









    More Here!!!



    It is really cool!



    bperkins we will have to give it a go sometime!



    Fellowship
  • Reply 9 of 38
    Quote:

    Originally posted by shatteringglass

    Just like the iPod box...mmm...high end boxes...



    I love the way Apple packages these. You open them and they are layed out in front of you like a ring in a jewelry box. It's a small thing, but I think the emotional impact is great.



    Sadly, I'm a lone Mac in a sea of PC's, so I don't see myself needing one of these yet.
  • Reply 10 of 38
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Wrong Robust

    Is there no videoconferencing in AIM?



    if there was, then surely apple could make it compatible with iChat AV.



    at anyrate, I hope iChat supports MSN, yahoo, and ICQ in the future.




    From macosxhints:



    Now that AOL has linked ICQ and AIM, you can add ICQ users to your iChat buddy list. Go to your Address Book and add your buddy's ICQ number, not alias, to the AIM field in address book. Then open iChat AV and choose to add them. Your Buddy must be using the newest ICQ Lite that supports this.



    Now you can see them go on and offline, and vice versa for them. In iChat AV, it's completely seamless, you just see buddies, not protocols or instant messanger icons.
  • Reply 11 of 38
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bperkins

    I just posted a size comparison.







    What a great size comparison, bperkins! Thank you! You picked a nice shiny red apple too. I have to admit that the iSight is quite a bit bigger than I expected. It even looks relatively big on Fellowship's 14" iBook. Guess I'll just have to get a Cinema Display with my iSight.



    Personally, I'm starting to think about an iSight for more than just video-conferencing. E.g. you could use it as a fancy rear-view mirror in your car (like some delivery trucks have a camera in the back). I wonder how long a FireWire cable you can use with the iSight.



    Escher
  • Reply 12 of 38
    got mine this morning

    was playing with it

    was late to work



    if anybody wants to link up and play with it later, my AIM SN is Cobalt8888...I'm using this SN on a PC at work right now, but I should be home later
  • Reply 13 of 38
    bperkinsbperkins Posts: 110member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Escher

    What a great size comparison, bperkins! Thank you! You picked a nice shiny red apple too. I have to admit that the iSight is quite a bit bigger than I expected. It even looks relatively big on Fellowship's 14" iBook. Guess I'll just have to get a Cinema Display with my iSight.



    Personally, I'm starting to think about an iSight for more than just video-conferencing. E.g. you could use it as a fancy rear-view mirror in your car (like some delivery trucks have a camera in the back). I wonder how long a FireWire cable you can use with the iSight.



    Escher




    Thanks Escher. It is bigger than what I anticipated. I would prefer to have it attached to a Cinema display myself. Have to work on that.
  • Reply 14 of 38
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bperkins

    Thanks Escher. It is bigger than what I anticipated. I would prefer to have it attached to a Cinema display myself. Have to work on that.



    Well, you've got the hardware covered pretty well, Brad, with a 17-inch PowerBook, Sony Ericsson T610, iPod, and that nice new Land Rover Discovery. I need to find a job like yours.



    Escher
  • Reply 15 of 38
    anybody else notice that the window on your screen that shows what the iSight is seeing is like looking at a mirror? Not like a normal video camera
  • Reply 16 of 38
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Slotracer152

    anybody else notice that the window on your screen that shows what the iSight is seeing is like looking at a mirror? Not like a normal video camera



    Heh, wow. I never noticed that, but I suppose they don't make too many left handed cameras, do they?



    It's the little things like that which make Apple so great. I mean, nobody is used to watching an exact image of what they are doing, they are used to looking in a mirror... so make it mirrored then. I'm sure it's much more intuitive to position yourself correctly. I know I always move the wrong way first when I'm looking at a camera image of myself at a store or something.
  • Reply 17 of 38
    gordygordy Posts: 970member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Slotracer152

    anybody else notice that the window on your screen that shows what the iSight is seeing is like looking at a mirror? Not like a normal video camera



    Methinks that's an iChatAV thing. It's doing the same thing with my USB (yes, USB) webcam right now.
  • Reply 18 of 38
    cygsidcygsid Posts: 210member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gordy

    Methinks that's an iChatAV thing. It's doing the same thing with my USB (yes, USB) webcam right now.





    Whaaaaaatttt?? USB?? I just read a report that iChat positively refused to work with a USB webcam! Man that would be awesome if true
  • Reply 19 of 38
    hope it comes out the right way on the other end
  • Reply 20 of 38
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Fellowship, does the iSight work okay with the G3 in your iBook? Just wondering, because there's a whole big deal about how it DOESN'T work with G3's and DV camcorders. I expect it works just find with it though!



    The iSight looks great on all your machines folks!
Sign In or Register to comment.