My iSight Pics

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Fellowship, does the iSight work okay with the G3 in your iBook? Just wondering, because there's a whole big deal about how it DOESN'T work with G3's and DV camcorders. I expect it works just find with it though!

The iSight looks great on all your machines folks!

No problems It works nicely!

Fellowship
  • Reply 22 of 38
    I chatted with him ealier today and everything went smoothly
  • Reply 23 of 38
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Slotracer152

hope it comes out the right way on the other end

It does. The mirror image just makes it easier to orient your camera or yourself.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

It does. The mirror image just makes it easier to orient your camera or yourself.

that's awesome...they think of everything
  • Reply 25 of 38
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

The mirror image just makes it easier to orient your camera or yourself.

Every video-conferencing package I have tried since 1994 or 95 (when I participated in a demo by our campus Apple rep) has mirrored the image of the user for positioning convenience. It makes perfect sense and is nothing new. Nonetheless, I have no doubt that Apple has raised the bar significantly for personal video-conferencing solutions, even with a piece of beta software.

It's just a shame I have to wait until I get a new Mac until I can buy and use an iSight camera.

Escher
  • Reply 26 of 38
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cygsid

Whaaaaaatttt?? USB?? I just read a report that iChat positively refused to work with a USB webcam! Man that would be awesome if true

You still need a FireWire camera for iChat to recognize a video feed, but you can then disable the camera and use a USB webcam.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    I have a 500 MHz iBook (Origional Dual USB)- the requirements say 600 G3- but I have a 500 with 640 megs of ram- do you guys think this would work? My B-Day is coming soon and I may get the iSight if it will work...I'm saving for that fancy new G5 thing...

Ahhhhhh- dual 2GHz w/ gig-o-ram, 250 gig hard drive, and 20" here we come- well- maybe in a while...I can dream can't I?
  • Reply 28 of 38
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    can you take snapshots with the iSight?

i was just thinking u dont need really high quality pics oh the spot and that would be nice

also how is the quality of the microphone...could you record something...you talking music and then send ti to me over IM so i can hear how good it sounds?

AIM screen name = ast3r3x
  • Reply 29 of 38
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

I have a 500 MHz iBook (Origional Dual USB)- the requirements say 600 G3- but I have a 500 with 640 megs of ram- do you guys think this would work? My B-Day is coming soon and I may get the iSight if it will work...I'm saving for that fancy new G5 thing...

Start saving.

It isn't a case of "It'll work poorly" with <600MHz G3... it *completely disables video* if it detects <600MHz G3. :P
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Really? That totally sucks!

Where did you find this out?- thats funny 'cause my iBook can capture DV fine from a camera...
  • Reply 31 of 38
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Really? That totally sucks!

Where did you find this out?- thats funny 'cause my iBook can capture DV fine from a camera...

yes but it cant compress it to MPEG 4 in real-time can it?
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Ohhhh- I figured that it had something to do with compression.

Crap.
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Can the iSight be used as a microphone in other programs?

Does it appear in the Sound/Input prefernce pane?
  • Reply 34 of 38
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by philrobin

Can the iSight be used as a microphone in other programs?

Does it appear in the Sound/Input prefernce pane?

Yes. You can even mix and match video and audio from two different sources.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

It's just a shame I have to wait until I get a new Mac until I can buy and use an iSight camera.

Escher

Oh yeah? I'm sitting here with an iSight and no Mac.

• Reply 36 of 38
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    bperkins, nice shots, great setup. 17" PB, iSight, 3g iPod. Just what I'd like to have.. if only I were rich. Thanks.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Oh yeah? I'm sitting here with an iSight and no Mac.

There's only one answer to your problem, murbot. Gotta stop changing Macs like shirts.

Escher
  • Reply 38 of 38
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

yes but it cant compress it to MPEG 4 in real-time can it?

actually... i think it can...

I just tested the iSight on a 400MHz indigo iMac and while iChat AV wouldn't work, QT Broadcaster worked fine... including live MPEG-4 compression...

this might have something to do with panther tho, I am running the WWDC preview on this iMac and maybe it performs better then usual because of it?