WireTap 1.0.0 - New free utility from Ambrosia

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

ur the man moki...i was hoping for an easy way to get audio from dvd's

There are better (and possibly easier) ways to "backup" the audio off of a DVD you own. I know of at least two apps that will downright rip the audio track of your choice right off your DVD, though the name of one of those escapes me (and I believe it never made it past OS 9 anyway). The other one is called OSEx, and works pretty well, once you get into it.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    mokimoki Posts: 551member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

There are better (and possibly easier) ways to "backup" the audio off of a DVD you own. I know of at least two apps that will downright rip the audio track of your choice right off your DVD, though the name of one of those escapes me (and I believe it never made it past OS 9 anyway). The other one is called OSEx, and works pretty well, once you get into it.

Yeah, this is true -- but I think he meant extracting snippets of sounds, such as favorite lines, etc. from DVDs.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

Well, or the Snapz Pro X "lite" of sound

Since you say this, will we be seeing Wiretap's capability in a new version of Snapz Pro?
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

Since you say this, will we be seeing Wiretap's capability in a new version of Snapz Pro?

Yes. As well as radically faster video capture -- see here for details:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/F...ML/000003.html
  • Reply 25 of 32
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Sounds excellent!

And now that iChat supports Voice over IP, the Wiretap name sounds even more applicable...
  • Reply 26 of 32
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moki

I made a mistake when packaging up WireTap 1.0.0, which renders the "Timed Recording" AppleScript for WireTap useless. Fixing it is easy, though.

1) click on the Timed recording AppleScript in the Finder

2) choose "Get Info..." from the File menu

3) click on the disclosure triangle for "Name & Extension"

4) change the extension on the file from ".applescript" to ".scpt"

5) there is no step 5

It should work fine after doing that. Sorry about that one...

are similar changes required for the other ".applescript" extension scripts in that folder?

Nice Logo, eh?

Indeed.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    scotioscotio Posts: 40member
    Moki, outstanding job with wiretap!!

I just recorded an entire DVD, it came to less than 200mb, and is PERFECT.

Few things in this world are free these days, hats off to you for keeping this so.

Robin.

• Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by scotio

Moki, outstanding job with wiretap!!

I just recorded an entire DVD, it came to less than 200mb, and is PERFECT.

Few things in this world are free these days, hats off to you for keeping this so.

Cool. Glad to hear it worked out for you.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    BTW, WireTap has been tested under Panther (Mac OS X 10.3) and it works fine... no worries about incompatibilities, and no upgrade will be needed
  • Reply 30 of 32
    scotioscotio Posts: 40member
    I have to choose this year between buying a .mac membership and panther, I simply don't have the cash for both...

I'm thinking of doing .mac this year, I did jaguar last time around.

\
  • Reply 31 of 32
    scott_rscott_r Posts: 98member
    Great utility!

I tried to convert the .aiff to .MP3 using LameBrian, and all I got was a loud screehing nosie. Opening the file in Amadeus II (the latest version) shows parts of the file where the sound wave is correct and plays correctly and most of the file where the signwve is totally filled with black top to bottom. What am I doing wrong?

WireTap is set at the default it installed with: IMA 4:1

The created files play just fine in Quicktime 6.3.

I'm new to the Mac after being away since 1996, so have some catching up to do. System: iMac DV SE, 400MHz G3, 512MB RAM OS 9.1 upgraded to '10.2.6'.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by scott_r

I tried to convert the .aiff to .MP3 using LameBrian, and all I got was a loud screehing nosie. Opening the file in Amadeus II (the latest version) shows parts of the file where the sound wave is correct and plays correctly and most of the file where the signwve is totally filled with black top to bottom. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know -- but iTunes converts the files just fine...