TdF 2003

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The best TdF in YEARS.

Sastre won today. Amazing for someone not among the top 10 riders to win such a hard stage. Second victory for CSC in three days.

Hamilton had a bit of trouble to follow the other favorites. Just heard a interview with Riis. Even though he didn´t say anything about it it sounded like his injury may have had an impact.

Ullrich attacking Armstrong that again showed weakness. Great to have exitement back in the race.
  • Reply 22 of 64
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea Armstrong hasn't been able to take on enough water. He lost something like 15 pounds yesterday. They keep saying he's going to recover for the next day and then the next and then the next ...

Ullrich is looking good. Too bad Beloki is out. I would make even more interesting.

The next stage is punishing. Evenly spaced cat 1 climbs with some cat 2 in there for flavor. Why is there a sprint bonus at 166? It's a day when Lance's team can help him win. I expect the leaders to set a good pace, not too hard, then hit it on the last climb.
  • Reply 23 of 64
    I guess they didn't hit it hard on the last climb. Vinocourov made a move but didn't hit it that hard.

Tomorrow may determine the winner. If one of the top three can kick it on the last climb and get some real time then that may win it. Otherwise it will come down to the time trial.
  • Reply 24 of 64
    I´m betting $50 that Lance won´t win.

Who will give me the higest odds?
  • Reply 25 of 64
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    my god. lance lost 15 pounds of water in the ti me trial and

a) lived.

b) came in a few seconds behind jan "i am a young mike spndler" ulrich...

man or man this is the best TdF in YEARS!
  • Reply 26 of 64
    It wasn't a few seconds unless 90 is a few But the next trial is a team one and the Posties killed the first one. If Jan wants to win he better do it tomorrow.
  • Reply 27 of 64
    The next a team time trial? I am pretty sure youa re wrong on this one. But let me check.
  • Reply 28 of 64
    2. Jan Ullrich (Germany) Team Bianchi 1 minute 1 second

behind

3. Haimar Zubeldia (Spain) Euskaltel 1:03

4. Lance Armstrong (U.S.) U.S. Postal Service 1:08

7 is a few seconds.

\

Mmmmmm pancake house time....
  • Reply 29 of 64
    Scott: Damn your right. Whats up with that?
  • Reply 30 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

2. Jan Ullrich (Germany) Team Bianchi 1 minute 1 second

behind

3. Haimar Zubeldia (Spain) Euskaltel 1:03

4. Lance Armstrong (U.S.) U.S. Postal Service 1:08

7 is a few seconds.

\

Mmmmmm pancake house time....

That's the prolog. Stage 12 was the individual time trial and Jan won it with Lance 1'36" back.
  • Reply 31 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Scott: Damn your right. Whats up with that?

I'm always right. That's what's up with that
  • Reply 32 of 64
    the numbers where for stage 13

lance lost his weight during the time trial. (stage12)

that's why i said "come back"

b) came in a few seconds behind jan "i am a young mike spndler" ulrich...
  • Reply 33 of 64
    I see.

Somethings wrong with the tour web site. It take forever to load and nothings been updated\
  • Reply 34 of 64
    The stage isn't over yet but the TdF is the greatest race ever.
  • Reply 35 of 64
    Oh man what a great race. Lance fell at the bottom of the final climb. Jan and Tyler told the group to hold up for him. Lance waited for Jan when he fell 3 (?) years ago. Lance took the stage win and got 40" on Jan. Vino' is 2' behind those two.
  • Reply 36 of 64
    Check out this video. Oh man what a tour. It's normally not like this. Most years Lance kills on the first or second mountain stage and then it's all boring stages after that. This year. Ooooopha!
  • Reply 37 of 64
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Check out this video. Oh man what a tour. It's normally not like this. Most years Lance kills on the first or second mountain stage and then it's all boring stages after that. This year. Ooooopha!

The announcer says he didn't hit anybody in the first fall, but he's clearly blind. Some chick is leaning out with a yellow bag or flag which gets caught by his handlebars.

As for the pedals...it just looks like he didn't clip in completely after the fall because he had no problems with it for the rest of the stage.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    He is ridding new pedals. He moved from Durace Look compatible to Durace SPD-R. I doubt he wasn't clipped in. You're either in or you're not, unless there's something wrong with the pedal that keeps you from being clipped in.
  • Reply 39 of 64
    sapisapi Posts: 207member
    it was his derailure (sp?.. whatever) he said on TV last night.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    What do you mean? His chain fell off due to his front deraileur sending him forward?