Poisoned 0.3 (p2p client)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well, it's out. And it's sweet. Stomps all over liberty, aqui, mlmac, and the rest... fast. reliable. stable.

http://gottsilla.net/software.php?site=poisoned

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    OT- Do you watch Family Guy on TBS or Cartoon Network(I'm guessing TBS).
  • Reply 2 of 48
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    I can't stress enough how fantastic this software is.

It really does blow Acquisition and Liberty out of the water.

The interface is very similar- the ability to choose between metal (bleck!) and aqua is especially nice, given the forced-metalness of Liberty (wtf was the developer thinking?)

Connections are fast. Very fast. Searches are fast as well. Swarm downloading and 'find more sources' actually WORK!

The best part is, it doesn't use java. at all. No more 35% CPU usage java process while downloading. It seems to idle at 0%, while searching or downloading, hover in the 2-5% range, and spike to 10-15% momentarily.

Downloads work beautifully.

The only qualm I have is the ugly icon - and, frankly, if that's all that can be found wrong with a piece of software...

To the developers, if you're reading this: keep up the fantastic work.
  • Reply 3 of 48
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

The only qualm I have is the ugly icon - and, frankly, if that's all that can be found wrong with a piece of software...

Make your own!
  • Reply 4 of 48
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

OT- Do you watch Family Guy on TBS or Cartoon Network(I'm guessing TBS).

I work nights, I'm asleep at 11:30 in the morning so I catch it on Adult Swim at 11:30 at night on my 'break'. hehe

I can also vouch for the low cpu cycles. 2-3% on my 700 iBook while downloading in the background. 11% or so while I'm searching/selecting my downloads playing w/the interface etc.

• Reply 5 of 48
    malokatamalokata Posts: 197member
    You're not kidding. this creams acquisition.
  • Reply 6 of 48
    Yeah, damn fast. Looks like Acquisition is going to have to take a back seat to this beast.
  • Reply 7 of 48
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I've used nothing but Acquisition since 0.40 (back when it was called Aquasition).

No more.

This is AMAZING! Everything that could be in a P2P app is in there!

Barto
  • Reply 8 of 48
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    thats not tru this really could use acquistions idea of adding it to iTunes when its done and have the possibility to have it play...although this feature broke for me in the latest versin of acquisition, it was an awesome feature and poisoned needs that....plus the UI isn't my favorite

but with those petty complaints stated...wowzers this is nice

ok one more thing...this needs a 'reveal in finder'
  • Reply 9 of 48
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I'm looking for a client that embeds both giFT and mlDonkey, so I can have FastTrack, OpenFT, eDonkey and Gnutella all at once.
  • Reply 10 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

I'm looking for a client that embeds both giFT and mlDonkey, so I can have FastTrack, OpenFT, eDonkey and Gnutella all at once.

mlnet does this.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    Ok guys if its so much better then Acquisition then why can't i start downloading anything? It puts it in download but never d/ls anything! Am i doing something wrong here because i sure hope so otherwise this is a steaming pile of dog**** lol I mean it has a better UI then Acq. but can't d/l anything! It has a lot of files shown but can d/l NOTHING...
  • Reply 12 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Apple Fan For Life

Ok guys if its so much better then Acquisition then why can't i start downloading anything? It puts it in download but never d/ls anything! Am i doing something wrong here because i sure hope so otherwise this is a steaming pile of dog**** lol I mean it has a better UI then Acq. but can't d/l anything! It has a lot of files shown but can d/l NOTHING...

eh no idea...ur weird...honestly thats not cool cuz this is awesome

i disagree i dont like their UI...seems cluttered to me

...if i wanted to get picky i'd ask how those icons for expand/collapse all mean anything related to what it says

...also resume icon makes alotmore sense then the brose host icon...it looks more like a refresh host or something...again this software is awesome i'm just being REALLY picky
  • Reply 13 of 48
    So thats all you can say is that im weird? lol Whatever man, do you actually get sucessful downloads? I would be very surprised if you did cause every attempt i make does not work so yeah...
  • Reply 14 of 48
    Quote:

So thats all you can say is that im weird? lol Whatever man, do you actually get sucessful downloads? I would be very surprised if you did cause every attempt i make does not work so yeah...

haha yes i do get successful downloads
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Quote:

Find More Sources is your friend, and in this app it works.

Of course we're getting successfull downloads.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Ok now im getting some results but at very slow speeds... Find more sources does not seem do jack actually lol Im sorry if i offended anyone by saying that but it just does not help any at all. I don't see how this app is praised so much ... Ok it appears to d/l family guy well but not much usefull for a whole other veriety of files lol What other files have all you guys downloaded that are useful to you? Oh yeah and don't mock me ast3r3x ...
  • Reply 17 of 48
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I've always wanted a p2p for d/ling Family guy episodes
  • Reply 18 of 48
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Same problem here. I've only been able to get a 20k text file. Nothing else is downloading. A lot of connections are being "rejected" according to the download log. What's that about?
  • Reply 19 of 48
    shankstashanksta Posts: 96member
    I would love to use Poison but the damn thing doesnt work when I install FINK! Some kind of mess up I guess.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    I download cartoons/movie/pron/music, and all successful.

400+ k/sec combined.

Don't download off of gnutella, make sure you're grabbing from the fasttrack/gift/openft networks. Gnutella sucks in poisoned for all the same reasons gnutella sucks as a p2p network.