Poisoned 0.3 (p2p client)

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by serrano

I download cartoons/movie/pron/music, and all successful.

400+ k/sec combined.

Don't download off of gnutella, make sure you're grabbing from the fasttrack/gift/openft networks. Gnutella sucks in poisoned for all the same reasons gnutella sucks as a p2p network.

That's funny, in the 3 days I've had this program, I've only gotten 4 successful d/ls 3 of which were from gnutella
  • Reply 22 of 48
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    The app, to me, is incredibly kind. And I'm happy to be finally on the FastTrack. Using P2P only for specific (and most often rare) tracks from obscure albums, FastTrack does better than Gnutella (or is that my misconception?). What with the RIAA crackdown of the past few weeks, I'm even happier to be participating.
  • Reply 23 of 48
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    http://gottsilla.net/software.php?site=poisoned

Poisoned v0.31 is out...it seems to have added many of the things i've wanted

reveal to finder, iTunes import...very nice
  • Reply 24 of 48
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    The people having trouble stealing from the RIAA and such may be behind firewalls. I had trouble configuring the ports on my router/firewall effectively, so I put my TiBook in the "DMZ" (non-firewalled).

gnutella and OpenNap work from behind firewalls (if configured to do so).
  • Reply 25 of 48
    tiktik Posts: 57member
    Quote:

thats not tru this really could use acquistions idea of adding it to iTunes when its done and have the possibility to have it play...although this feature broke for me in the latest versin of acquisition, it was an awesome feature and poisoned needs that.

It's in the options..you have to turn it on..I think it's under 'download' options.

Yes, this app rocks!
  • Reply 26 of 48
    v0.311 was just released
  • Reply 27 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

v0.311 was just released

haha you beat me to it!

they highly recommend u update
  • Reply 28 of 48
    Quote:

I work nights, I'm asleep at 11:30 in the morning so I catch it on Adult Swim at 11:30 at night on my 'break'. hehe

I can also vouch for the low cpu cycles. 2-3% on my 700 iBook while downloading in the background. 11% or so while I'm searching/selecting my downloads playing w/the interface etc.

sure, poisoned may only take 11% of cpu cycles, but whats w/ the GiFT daemon hogging 45-95% of the cpu?
  • Reply 29 of 48
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Wow this app rocks. I like the icon. MMmm poison! Hey thanks serrano.
  • Reply 30 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

haha you beat me to it!

they highly recommend u update

Yeah chances are that 0.31 had some critical clitch, that they realized just after release...oh well, can't hurt to update.
  • Reply 31 of 48
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

sure, poisoned may only take 11% of cpu cycles, but whats w/ the GiFT daemon hogging 45-95% of the cpu?

Not my iBook 700... In the preferences make sure your node class is set to USER rather than SEARCH, or INDEX, or SEARCH & INDEX which use more cycles/ram/drive space.
  • Reply 32 of 48
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Question.

How do you close a seach in Poison...

They all show up in the left Tray until I close and restart the program, I can't seem to delete them (which is important since once I've found a succesful download I like to know that I don't need to look for an alternative source) I click on the little X and it just turns into the 'reload/search' icon and renews the search...

How the hell do you close out searches? THanks!
  • Reply 33 of 48
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sport73

Question.

How do you close a seach in Poison...

They all show up in the left Tray until I close and restart the program, I can't seem to delete them (which is important since once I've found a succesful download I like to know that I don't need to look for an alternative source) I click on the little X and it just turns into the 'reload/search' icon and renews the search...

How the hell do you close out searches? THanks!

i emailed the developer about that because it wasn't clear to me either. i felt a bit silly when he told me. select the search item from the box, and hit the backspace/delete key (next to the plus sign). i dont know why the X is a reload-query button though.
  • Reply 34 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

i emailed the developer about that because it wasn't clear to me either. i felt a bit silly when he told me. select the search item from the box, and hit the backspace/delete key (next to the plus sign). i dont know why the X is a reload-query button though.

never used any type of app that uses a sidebar like that?

i always thought it was pretty easy to figure out but i guess ur right it isn't that strait foward or displayed anywhere

well good luck figure out future problems
  • Reply 35 of 48
    Would it be possible to add BitTorrent to Poisoned? mmm poison
  • Reply 36 of 48
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Would it be possible to add BitTorrent to Poisoned? mmm poison

Sure, once a BitTorrent module is released. Poisoned is just a front end to some open source p2p modules. This is why so many people have a problem w/Dave of Acquisition/Liberty fame- he was charging for a front end to others work. Poisoned on the other hand is not only free, it's open source.
  • Reply 37 of 48
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

This is why so many people have a problem w/Dave of Acquisition/Liberty fame- he was charging for a front end to others work.

The same can be said about Mac OS X. An improved core built on the work of others, and a very good GUI.

Barto
  • Reply 38 of 48
    I pay for convenience and a good GUI. That's why I paid over 2 grand for my PowerBook. Acquisition has a refined GUI over an open source app. Open source is supposed to be open and used this way. I don't get why so many open source people complain about these things. I took a programming course and I know how hard it is even to write a GUI. Programming takes a lot of time. Charge for Acquisition. It's legit.

But that doesn't change the fact the Poisoned is going to beat the snot out of it! I can't wait to see them go modular and add in BitTorrent! It will be like an open source iSwipe! (except the difference is it will work...I don't know why but iSwipe doesn't find things or download them much for me.)
  • Reply 39 of 48
    Poisoned .4 is out. Multiple sources rock! But you know, wouldn't it be useful if it just auto-found more sources every set amount of time, say 1 minute, or user-defined? I'll write them that hopefully they can implement it. Go poisoned go!!
  • Reply 40 of 48
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I just downloaded Poisoned 0.4, and I can say that it not only stomps all over the other Mac P2P clients, but also gives the Kazaa and Kazaa Lite clients black eyes. The searching is lightning-fast, even on my 56k modem, the ability to perform multiple searches at the same time is great, and the interface is very polished (the choice of metal or aqua is smart.) Now I can only wait for a DSL connection, and I'll always be happy.