Classic Apple Outsider Thread This Way

Comments

• Reply 41 of 80
    Harald, who wears t-shirts printed with obsolete 70s synthesizers, works for a second-division media company thinking up ideas for content to be delivered to 3G telephones. He uses his videophone as a seduction tool, meeting girls from other second-division media companies after work around Tottenham Court Road: he sends them the funny photos he took as they go home to Ladbroke Grove in their minicabs, high on the nasty cocaine he buys from his 'friend' Levi, who thinks that Harald is a ghastly turdburger. He speaks in a faux-London accent and he has no real friends.

He feels sad when he goes home alone. He plays Metal Gear Solid on his own. He smokes a spliff.

He goes to bed.

Damn. He shouldn't have been such a bastard to Viv in the last year of his Communications degree at the University of North London. She was OK.
  • Reply 42 of 80
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Hassan i Sabbah sometimes wears an ill-fitting thin leather jacket with stretched seams under the arms. He drives an old Citroen thinking it looks retro; it looks old and tatty and has too many old milk cartons under the rear window. Hassan is a research assistant at SOAS in Holborn, which would be cool if all his colleagues weren't 10 years younger. This does not put him off trying to shag them. His girlfriend meanwhile is 10 years older then him and works in the office at a second-rate fringe theatre in Shepherd's Bush.

His green Iranian eyes look sad these days.

Frozen pizza again tonight.
  • Reply 43 of 80
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    whispering so I don't disturb them...(This is great!)
  • Reply 44 of 80
    One more like that, Harald, and I will post your name, your email address, your company, your position in it and everything I know about hypothetical communication devices.
  • Reply 45 of 80
    And I won't come round and play Halo any more.
  • Reply 46 of 80
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Hassan's AI persona and real life are amazingly similar. He is a very smart, very erudite man. A looker, with amazing taste in clothes, bikes and women (all whom have known share a certain knowing look). He lives in the ur-warehouse space next to the park; huge sliding warehouse door and enough space to ride a bike. He pays for his place on the back of the advance of his forthcoming book on a major international publisher.

His girlfriend is a minor, soon to be major, celebrity who can do the splits. Well travelled, handsome, interesting background.

You'd wish you were Hassan if you knew him.
  • Reply 47 of 80
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member

• Reply 48 of 80
    (sniff)
  • Reply 49 of 80
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member

Hassan and Harald, everyone's favorite london duo.
  • Reply 50 of 80
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    They even got the same post count (give and take a few)

Todays revelation (for me at least): Harald doesn´t live in Oslo?
  • Reply 51 of 80
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I imagine jonathan to be a lanky freckled grad with a slight aversion to sunlight.
  • Reply 52 of 80
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Giant is lean. He wears t-shirts with interesting designs, the sort of thing that a young graphic designer might wear, and he types in the dark (don?t ask me why), lit up by his flat panel.

you are certainly in the right ballpark.

What's funny is that the night before you posted this I was working on my powerbook doing a new layout for one of our library publications and had no lights on in the room (using a flylight to see the keys). Creepy, huh?

I would guess what you look like, but I am horrible at that. My mental image of people is more like a little network of associations they have expressed to me, so there is no definitive visual representation.
  • Reply 53 of 80
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I imagine jonathan to be a lanky freckled grad with a slight aversion to sunlight.

how wrong can you be?
  • Reply 54 of 80
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jonathan

how wrong can you be?

Pretty wrong in the sunlight department, in either case. I bet you enjoy few things more than driving around under a beaming sun in your (?) Z3 or Z8 or 318i, or some other model still, convertible.
  • Reply 55 of 80
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

I bet you enjoy few things more than driving around under a beaming sun in your (?) Z3 or Z8 or 318i, or some other model still, convertible.

Oh yes, with one of those slight cotton-woolish jerseys tied loosely around your neck. And sunglasses, moving intermittently between the bridge of your nose and your elaborate (?) hairdo.
  • Reply 56 of 80
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Aquafire reminds me a lot of Ogie Oglethorpe.

• Reply 57 of 80
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Aquafire reminds me a lot of Ogie Oglethorpe.

Nah..Right game..but I am more like " Happy Gilmore "

Touch my Puck...? Yeah right....

]
  • Reply 58 of 80
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    [Somebody do me!]
  • Reply 59 of 80
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

[Somebody do me!]

Get a significant other.
  • Reply 60 of 80
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I've already been done twice, anyone for sloppy thirds?

Nick