Water Fasting ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Was wondering if anyone has fasted via water?

How was it? Experiences? etc.?

Are there real benefits to doing this? or not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I did it for a while, and I began seeing things that other people didn't.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

Was wondering if anyone has fasted via water?

How was it? Experiences? etc.?

Are there real benefits to doing this? or not?

Badtz,

If your planning on doing this water diet..see your doctor first.. Just to make sure....She / He should give you an overall checkup then a yea or nay...

But go into it gently..use fruit juices etc...& the first sign of anemia..go back to a normal diet...
  • Reply 3 of 44
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I would guess that it depends on what you're eating and rinking the rest of the time. Water is good for you. Vitamins are too, but fats and sugars are not. If your diet consists of a lot of fat and sugar, the lack of vitamins might make this sort of thing more worthwhile. Otherwise, if you're drinking enough during the day, aren't you just robbing yourself of vitamins you need anyway? It would seem to be unhealthy if you eat right the rest of the time. Most of the people I know who do this (all 2 of them), are afraid of preservatives, genetically modified foods, etc. and feel that this will sort of flush their system of those things. But I like to tease them about the additive fluoride and chlorine content in even bottled water (a la Dr. Strangelove) and it gets their panties in a bunch. I'm curious if they'll just go for true fasting as an alternative.
  • Reply 4 of 44
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    How do we define a 'water' fast? And for how long?
  • Reply 5 of 44
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I thought this was "Water Fisting"... nevermind.
  • Reply 6 of 44
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    The first few days are more a pain. After them you are less jungry (or not hungry). You'll clean your system but if you use as well selected herbal teas or lime etc juices you can purify yourself a lot more. Fast is not a miracle to lose weight so if you get back to unhelathy habits of before you get all back. Before going to fast, cut all heavy stuff first (meat, milk, dairy products, fish, wheat etc) a couple of days earlier and get smoother (in a few days, first vegetables then herbal teas and water and then just water). You will feel great. But you will be also really freezing even in august in arizona as you are not used to fast .. and you might get a lot of headaches but it0s because your body gets rid of all poisons and debris there are accumulated in you (stomach and elsewhere, medicines, acids, etc etc) ... one those start to be gone you'll feel great.

If it's your first time, don't go for too long. Starting back to normal do the same as going to fst = move slowly, in a few days, to what you had before (and healthier). A week might do it. Less if you feel uncofortable. Some do 2 weeks, i tried 3 ..

Fasting's nothing new. Jesus did it. .. a side note: he saw all the demons when he was fasting 40 days in the desert. 'he was looking for the demons' = if you exagerate with your fast and are sensitive you might as well screw your mineral balance and see demons.

Clean yourself more than usual. And clean your colon too.

Goed fast.
  • Reply 7 of 44
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Fasting is really dumb. It doesn't clean your body of poisons - just the opposite. Because your colon isn't doing anything, nothing is moving through and any "poisons" just stick around longer. You also go into ketosis, which produces toxins in your bloodstream. But I suppose if people are into low-carb diets... But fasting is even worse because you not only burn fat, you burn lean. Why would you want to do that?
  • Reply 8 of 44
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Ah. It's topics like these that make me return to AI with glee.

\
  • Reply 9 of 44
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I liked your "Lock Me" thread better...
  • Reply 10 of 44
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Had a gf a while ago that used to fast for a week every 6 months or so. She drank some watery concoction that included raw maple syrup, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Not sure of the proportions of each. That was it. No other juices, coffee, soda...nothing.

She swore it cleaned her out completely...and her shit was like steelies the whole time. \
  • Reply 11 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Fasting is really dumb. It doesn't clean your body of poisons - just the opposite. Because your colon isn't doing anything, nothing is moving through and any "poisons" just stick around longer. You also go into ketosis, which produces toxins in your bloodstream. But I suppose if people are into low-carb diets... But fasting is even worse because you not only burn fat, you burn lean. Why would you want to do that?

Your colon will get cleaned. I said clean it. Go to a pharmacy and ask for a thing to be used for that purpose. And try it rather than just saying it does nothing. Do it right and you won't get ketosis but just clean.
  • Reply 12 of 44
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

Your colon will get cleaned. I said clean it. Go to a pharmacy and ask for a thing to be used for that purpose. And try it rather than just saying it does nothing. Do it right and you won't get ketosis but just clean.

A pirate walked into a bar with a steering wheel on his crotch.

The bartender asks, "Hey pirate, why do you have a steering wheel on your crotch?"

The pirate replies, "I don't know, BUT IT'S DRIVIN' ME NUTS!"
  • Reply 13 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

The bartender asks, "Hey pirate, why do you have a steering wheel on your crotch?"

I live for non-sequitur moments.
  • Reply 14 of 44
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

First, it's on his pecker. Second, the question is "Hey pirate, did you know that you have a steering wheel on your pecker?" and third the answer is:

"Aye, it's drivin' me nuts!"
  • Reply 15 of 44
    You just ruined the joke, bunge.
  • Reply 16 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

First, it's on his pecker. Second, the question is "Hey pirate, did you know that you have a steering wheel on your pecker?" and third the answer is:

"Aye, it's drivin' me nuts!"

I hate assholes that ruin jokes by insisting that their way of telling it is the only way. Arrogant fvcks.
  • Reply 17 of 44
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Fasting doesn't clean anything. You have to eat to clean yourself out. That's what fiber does, and why it prevents cancer.

And no, I'm not going to try something that makes neither common sense nor medical sense. Why don't you stick a needle in your ear? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!
  • Reply 18 of 44
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Why don't you stick a needle in your ear? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

Perforated eardrum coming up...

I do hope your only joking BRussell....

You know how dumb some of the members actually are....\
  • Reply 19 of 44
    Quote:

Fasting doesn't clean anything. You have to eat to clean yourself out. That's what fiber does, and why it prevents cancer.

And no, I'm not going to try something that makes neither common sense nor medical sense. Why don't you stick a needle in your ear? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

Your arrogancy might go away with cleaner intestines. Fiber itself is no miracle if you eat crap with it (meat etc). When your body has time to heal, it heals.

Oh, and brushing teeth is as innatural as cleaning the rest of you.
  • Reply 20 of 44
    Quote:

Your arrogancy might go away with cleaner intestines. Fiber itself is no miracle if you eat crap with it (meat etc). When your body has time to heal, it heals.

Oh, and brushing teeth is as innatural as cleaning the rest of you.

Yes, because we are meant to be herbivores.

*shakes head*