New York City starts up underaged sex lair

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Err, I mean, school.

SMOKIN' IN THE BOYS ROOM!!!!11

Quote:

State Conservative Party Chairman Mike Long criticized the creation of the school.

"Is there a different way to teach homosexuals? Is there gay math? This is wrong," Long said. "There's no reason these children should be treated separately."

Yup. Ghey idea.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    What an utterly stupid idea.

And what an utterly stupid mayor NYC got.

Quote:

I think everybody feels that it's a good idea because some of the kids who are gays and lesbians have been constantly harassed and beaten in other schools

What about starting a special school for those who beat the gay students instead? One with food, beds and bars for the windows?
  • Reply 2 of 42
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    I hate it how because someone's gay or black or whatever that they think they should be treated differently. This school which tax payers are paying for is an awful idea. Whatever happened to the idea of integration and acceptance? Now it seems like celebrating diversity means treating people like somehow they are special. I got to go so I can't finish my post but this is a complete outrage!
  • Reply 3 of 42
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Arggh, Bloomerberg must go. This is just another idiotic policy to come out of him.

Equal Protection means treat everyone the same. I thought separate, but equal was ruled unconstitutional?
  • Reply 4 of 42
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G4Dude

Whatever happened to the idea of integration and acceptance?

simple. it doesn't kick in for the majority of homo sapiens until they are well into their late teens or early twenties. in some cases, this "idea" is not realized until the proverbial death bed, if ever.

in those rare, hard-to-document cases when children or teenagers have well-balanced and accepting views of their fellow species members, they are typically pummeled into unrecognizable masses during the fatalistic ritual known as "dodge ball."

Quote:

Originally posted by G4Dude

I hate it how because someone's gay or black or whatever that they think they should be treated differently.

last i checked, it wasn't the students asking for this (unless i missed it in that article under the generic "everybody"). i am sure, given the choice, the students of different races, colors, religious beliefs, etc. would rather go to school and learn WITH everyone else, provided they don't get their teeth kicked in or others making their lives hell for four straight years. but it only takes a few jackass bullies to ruin it for everyone.

(edit: for the longest time, i was suspected of being gay due only to 1. my utter lack of any sports skills 2. my good grades and 3. my stupid sense of humor. on the contrary, i was just a dork, and my parents had a horrible way of shielding me from EVERYthing back then. no sports, no extracurriculars, nothing. not even the free stuff. so i was just an über-nerd who was WAY too into broadcast TV. and the teasing and bullying and regular fights -- well, a "fight" implies i had a chance -- never stopped, and i really thought it would never, EVER end. hell, when your only 14, four years is like an eternity (and practically a quarter of your life). of course i wanted to go ANYwhere else, but in retrospect, my parents were right. who says somewhere else would be better??? of course, i didn't believe 'em, because i was young and stupid. but then again, i never really feared for my life like some of these students probably do today. i don't know what the answer is, but it ain't this school...)

we now return you to your scheduled programming...
  • Reply 5 of 42
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Harvey Milk.

heehee.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

(edit: for the longest time, i was suspected of being gay due only to 1. my utter lack of any sports skills 2. my good grades and 3. my stupid sense of humor. on the contrary, i was just a dork, and my parents had a horrible way of shielding me from EVERYthing back then. no sports, no extracurriculars, nothing. not even the free stuff. so i was just an über-nerd who was WAY too into broadcast TV. and the teasing and bullying and regular fights -- well, a "fight" implies i had a chance -- never stopped, and i really thought it would never, EVER end. hell, when your only 14, four years is like an eternity (and practically a quarter of your life). of course i wanted to go ANYwhere else, but in retrospect, my parents were right. who says somewhere else would be better??? of course, i didn't believe 'em, because i was young and stupid. but then again, i never really feared for my life like some of these students probably do today. i don't know what the answer is, but it ain't this school...)

I have the exact same thing happening to me right now. I'm heading into eighth grade, and I completely suck at sports, and have good grades, and have stupid sense of humor. I have no friends who don't constantly ridicule me, and I'm overweight.

But I prefer the term "geek".
  • Reply 7 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

I have the exact same thing happening to me right now. I'm heading into eighth grade...

whoa. watch rok get a lesson in "not everyone online is twenty-nine".

not that you wanna hear it, or even asked for it, but here's my advice:

1. no matter what happend in high school, college is the great levelling of the playing field. EVERYone starts over at zero. some folks think they're still big and mighty, and some do have a lot of money, but high school is nothing by comparison.

2. try to get involved with everything at every turn. a friend's father once told him, "you can do anything you want, son, but i want you to try everything so you can make an informed decision." best fatherly advice EVER. he enrolled in some sports (well, crew... hey, it counts), band, school government, gaming clubs, art clubs, etc. in the end, he's one of the most intelligent and best people i have ever known. he has a wife and three kids now.

3. don't let anyone or anything make you think that something's impossible. i thought i would never meet any girl, ever, and compared to everyone around me (or so i thought) it would never end. it was so bad, and the teasing was enough (and so were the hormones) to make me think i was gay, too. i mean, at that age, i am sorry, but your body is outta control. no one can know their sexuality at that age... period. today, i have been happily married for five great years.

you just gotta be strong.

well, i gotta go. later "kid"
  • Reply 8 of 42
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

at that age, i am sorry, but your body is outta control. no one can know their sexuality at that age... period.

yeah... really... how the hell did there end up being a school for "gays" when most kids at that age really don't know what they are...

I mean how many "straight" kids will end up at that school? will it be fair to the other "gay" children? How will they determine who goes? Imagine the humiliation a child would have to go through just even thinking about wanting to go to "the gay school"... some kids might want to go there because their school currently sucks... or is overcrowded... how do you define a "gay" child?

and our tax dollars are going to fund this?

up until this point I honestly thought bloomberg was doing a good job and making hard decisions (most of which--that I know about--I agree with) but this is ridiculous...

civil rights... we already went through that revolution... que forrest gump picking up the book the black girl dropped in alabama...

what is wrong with this world?
  • Reply 9 of 42
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I bet you a lot of straight kids would want to go. Looks great on your Harvard application.
  • Reply 10 of 42
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Oh, hooray, segregation is back in vogue! Next up: separate boys', girls' and transgender's entrances to all schools, black schools, white classrooms, and separate drinking fountains. This is backwards.
  • Reply 11 of 42
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    So you all opposed to the "afro-centric" theme dorms in universities? Do they still have them?
  • Reply 12 of 42
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i mean, at that age, i am sorry, but your body is outta control. no one can know their sexuality at that age... period.

how so "no one can know their sexuality at that age"? i knew mine always.

as i was sexually retarded .. i mean challanged (not particularly interested that is) i was mainly asexual. but as i didn't consider that as a sexual orientation i considered myself to be just what i was and am a lot later (hetero).

most gays i know have been gays forever. so they knew it.

well, what next? high schools for fat people? they surely get teased at school for their appearance.
  • Reply 13 of 42
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

So you all opposed to the "afro-centric" theme dorms in universities? Do they still have them?

they have themed dorms for everything

current issues, gay, lesbian, trans, ethnic, etc.....
  • Reply 14 of 42
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    In principle..I can see where they are coming from....but in reality..it is a dumb idea. From both purely economic & legal perspectives it doesn't stack up.

If this school is allowed, then other self percieved minorities will demand their share of the ever dimminishing eduction dollar..Courts will be clogged with such groups.

Besides which how many people do you need in a group to classify yourselves as a minority..two, three, four..?
  • Reply 15 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

So you all opposed to the "afro-centric" theme dorms in universities?

Keep your kids separated only within _your_approved_group (e.g. WASP) and once your kids go to work they will see on the application something about the 'equal opportunities' and will have to learn it then ...
  • Reply 16 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

most gays i know have been gays forever. so they knew it.

my point is that AT THAT AGE, you did not have the working maturity to evaluate your sexuality. i'm sorry if that isn't how you see it, or if time has proven your initial suspicions and beliefs to be true (and i may be wrong in certain situations -- heck, i am sure that someone will undoubtedly share with me the examples to prove me wrong), but i stand by my assertion that knowing whether you're definitively straight or gay as a child is the exception, NOT the rule. perhaps now in retrospect you can say that your feelings were right with certainty, but not AT that age.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

In principle..I can see where they are coming from....but in reality..it is a dumb idea. From both purely economic & legal perspectives it doesn't stack up.

If this school is allowed, then other self percieved minorities will demand their share of the ever dimminishing eduction dollar..Courts will be clogged with such groups.

Besides which how many people do you need in a group to classify yourselves as a minority..two, three, four..?

there are more than four gays in new york.
  • Reply 18 of 42
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

there are more than four gays in new york.

Thats not really what I meant, but glad to hear that there are more than four....

What I meant was that a bunch of people with a common sense of oppression can put their hands up and demand a fat cheque from to the public purse to help assuage their stress filled education..

Perhaps the fat kid who did the Starwars send up could get a whole bunch of his mates to join him..in a special fat geek-sci-fi-school..where they won't be teased..
  • Reply 19 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

my point is that AT THAT AGE, you did not have the working maturity to evaluate your sexuality. i'm sorry if that isn't how you see it, or if time has proven your initial suspicions and beliefs to be true (and i may be wrong in certain situations -- heck, i am sure that someone will undoubtedly share with me the examples to prove me wrong), but i stand by my assertion that knowing whether you're definitively straight or gay as a child is the exception, NOT the rule. perhaps now in retrospect you can say that your feelings were right with certainty, but not AT that age.

at that age, i had no interest in the whole affair. nor what my retarded hormones would have been suggesting to me nor what the orientation of anyone else was in my school. like there wouldn't have been anything else to think about?
  • Reply 20 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Thats not really what I meant, but glad to hear that there are more than four....

What I meant was that a bunch of people with a common sense of oppression can put their hands up and demand a fat cheque from to the public purse to help assuage their stress filled education..

Perhaps the fat kid who did the Starwars send up could get a whole bunch of his mates to join him..in a special fat geek-sci-fi-school..where they won't be teased..

yes, a good idea. i'd have frankly been killing me if i was put to a school for 'other culture' kids who were all introverts and nerds .. (where i woulndn't have been teased???). uh. being after the normal school - hell in a special high school was better - as we had the same interest in the same subject of study in the high school as opposed of us being all of same race or sexual orientation.

the idea (of separation not by interest in certain study subjcts but by race or sex etc) is bad though.

if you are teased as a kid it's better than as adult. as a kid you learn better - also to defend yourself. if the other kids are jerks around you, just figure it out yourself if it works better to fight back or ignore them and live in your dreamworld or try to be in and join them. if you go thru that as a kid you likely would not care less what the others think about you in highschool or in your work.