My Body My Choice- For men too..

1141516171820»

Comments

• Reply 381 of 381
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Just please address head on why men should be forced to parent against their will. I hope your definition is at least enlightened enough to be more than just child support.

You tell us why 'just child support' isn't a valid reason. People are responsible for lots of problems they create. If someone borrows your car and gets into an accident, you might pay. A man can be responsible enough to avoid the particular problem of a child and if he doesn't it's partially his problem.

The pro-opt-out crowd yammers for an abortion if the woman doesn't want the kid. A man can save some sperm in a freezer somewhere and get a vasectomy. Sometimes that can even be reversed making the frozen sperm unnecessary. Each one has a surgical procedure they can use to save themselves from unwanted pregnancies.

Quote:

And Bunge, I do encounter and read what you post not only in this thread but in others. You weren't even willing to let the guy off when DNA testing proved he wasn't the biological father.

Not true. Read what I write, not what you want to read into what I wrote.

Quote:

I'll be happy to address what you say. Just please hit it head on and don't keep circling around to why you believe a) abortion and opting out aren't equal and b) Men opting out will doom women to single parent status.

a) I haven't mentioned the equality issue in this post and I'll continue to refrain.

b) I've never made this argument. But since you brought it up, a woman might object to abortions like a man might object to a vasectomy. This would 'doom' a woman to a single parent lifestyle because neither party took the necessary precautions.