Larry Flynt asks us to pray for Bill O'Reilly

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Larry and Bill. They're made for each other.

And this is obviously a parody of this from Pat Robertson, which is not a parody at all:
    Quote:

Please join us in prayer to support a massive prayer offensive that we are going to call Operation Supreme Court Freedom.

A prayer offensive? Yeah, well it is offensive.

In it, Robertson says this:
    Quote:

Would you join with me and many others in crying out to our Lord to change the Court? If we fast and pray and earnestly seek God?s face, then He will hear our prayer and give us relief. One justice is 83 years old, another has cancer, and another has a heart condition.

He then goes on to say he wants their retirement rather than their death, but come on.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Yeah I can see how retirement and death are equivalent.

Nick
  • Reply 3 of 24
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Didn't you see that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie The Retirementator?
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Nick

It's a joke. One calculated both to offend the type of person that might have subscribed to Pat Robertson's prayer offensive and to piss off fans of O'Reilly...which is why it is also a funny joke
  • Reply 5 of 24
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    I'm a prayin'

Is it working?
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

It's a joke. One calculated both to offend the type of person that might have subscribed to Pat Robertson's prayer offensive and to piss off fans of O'Reilly...which is why it is also a funny joke

Really how about I whip up a nice "parody" prayer offensive where we all pray for Hillary Clinton to be raped and murdered.

I mean retirement = death = rape and murder.

It's all in jest anyway right?

I can add nice language like...

"May she feel her last breath leaving as she contemplates all the people screwed over with feigned compassion while buying three million dollar houses and taking 8 million dollar advances while the publisher was throwing folks into the streets.

and...

"Oh Lord, may she linger on the pungent smell of the butt plug formerly hugged by her anus, stuck in her mouth to gag her screams, as her life slips away..

Boy that's so funny, the tears are just rolling... NOT.

You're about as funny as a baby in a running clothes dryer.

Nick
  • Reply 7 of 24
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Nick

Like a hamster in a hamster wheel? THAT IS FUNNY!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!
  • Reply 8 of 24
    Quote:

Really how about I whip up a nice "parody" prayer offensive...

Where did you come up with the butt plug bit?
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Quote:

Nick

Trumptman.

I'm going to use a smilie here for the first time in months. It's going to be the shaking-head smilie. Look.

Why do you think Pat Robertson took the care to specifically mention the advanced age of one of the judges?

Nick: He was asking them to pray that the judge might live a long, fulfilled and happy life and keep his wits about him to the age of 156?

Hassan i Sabbah: Bollocks.

Why do you think Robertson took the care to specifically mention that another of the judges had cancer?

Nick: He was asking for prayers for a cure to cancer to be found soon enough for the judge in question to continue in office into extended old age?

Hassan i Sabbah: No.

Why do you think that he took the effort to remind his potential prayer-makers that one of the judges had a heart condition?

Nick: He was using his influence as a minister of the faith to ask for prayers so that God might allow him to complete his work on earth?

Hassan i Sabbah / everybody else: No.

He was asking us to pray for them to die.

That's why.

Have a nice day.

Give my love to Jebus.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

Really how about I whip up a nice "parody" prayer offensive where we all pray for Hillary Clinton to be raped and murdered.

I mean retirement = death = rape and murder.

It's all in jest anyway right?

I can add nice language like...

"May she feel her last breath leaving as she contemplates all the people screwed over with feigned compassion while buying three million dollar houses and taking 8 million dollar advances while the publisher was throwing folks into the streets.

and...

"Oh Lord, may she linger on the pungent smell of the butt plug formerly hugged by her anus, stuck in her mouth to gag her screams, as her life slips away..

Boy that's so funny, the tears are just rolling... NOT.

Nick

You should be careful... big brother could be reading this board. SS Doesn't take to fondly to individuals who make threats against protected persons... even in jest.

Quote:

Why do you think Pat Robertson took the care to specifically mention the advanced age of one of the judges?

It's a suggestion that perhaps it's time for him to retire... he's old.. that's what people do when they're old.. they retire.

As for your other interpretations, you go ahead and think whatever your liberal, ignorant mind behoves you to dream up in your f***'d up fantasy of a life, but perhaps he was just pointing out that their failing health is a good reason for them to consider retirement as well.

Oh no, it's Pat Robertson, he must want them to die...

Where the hell do you get that from?!!?!
  • Reply 11 of 24
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Salinger

It's a suggestion that perhaps it's time for him to retire... he's old.. that's what people do when they're old.. they retire.

As for your other interpretations, you go ahead and think whatever your liberal, ignorant mind behoves you to dream up in your f***'d up fantasy of a life, but perhaps he was just pointing out that their failing health is a good reason for them to consider retirement as well.

Where the hell do you get that from?!!?!

So we should pray for them to recover and retire? Is that what he is really asking for? Come on.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:

Well if you read his list of charges against them you'd think that a peaceful death was too good for them.

* He refers to them repeatedly as a tyrrany.

* They have dismantled the moral framework of the nation

* The wrath of God will be wrought on America because of their decisions.

Some would argue that respite from the above is worth the death of 5 old people (who are slightly wobbly healthwise anyway). But not Pat! He seems like the kind of guy who happily waits for the perverts, sinners, liberals and homosexuals who are twisting the constitution of the greatest nation on earth to get old and retire.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

happily waits

I don't think he pretends to want to wait, he wants them to retire now

Quote:

So we should pray for them to recover and retire? Is that what he is really asking for? Come on.

While, I'd like to believe he means them no harm, perhaps he doen't care if they retire or not.. perhaps he just wants us to pray that they would realize that it would be a good time for them to retire.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Do you really want to get into the outrageous attacks against the Clintons, especially Hillary, by conservatives over the years?

Larry Flynt is a blowhard and a scumbag. So is Pat Robertson.

And Pat Robertson didn't simply call for their retirement. He issued a religious statement in which he attacked the liberals on the court, named their illnesses, and asked his parishioners to engage in a "massive prayer offensive" where they would pray "to our Lord to change the Court."
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Do you really want to get into the outrageous attacks against the Clintons, especially Hillary, by conservatives over the years?

And Pat Robertson didn't simply call for their retirement. He issued a religious statement in which he attacked the liberals on the court, named their illnesses, and asked his parishioners to engage in a "massive prayer offensive" where they would pray "to our Lord to change the Court."

Luckily for the Justices and O'Reilly, there is no God.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Where did you come up with the butt plug bit?

Well the Bill O'Reily one spent so much time dwelling on sh*t that I guess it just sort of came from that.

Really I don't know which one of the writers thought it up.

You do know I have a staff or writers to help me post here right?

Nick
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Trumptman.

I'm going to use a smilie here for the first time in months. It's going to be the shaking-head smilie. Look.

Nick: He was asking them to pray that the judge might live a long, fulfilled and happy life and keep his wits about him to the age of 156?

Hassan i Sabbah: Bollocks.

Why do you think Robertson took the care to specifically mention that another of the judges had cancer?

Nick: He was asking for prayers for a cure to cancer to be found soon enough for the judge in question to continue in office into extended old age?

Hassan i Sabbah: No.

Why do you think that he took the effort to remind his potential prayer-makers that one of the judges had a heart condition?

Nick: He was using his influence as a minister of the faith to ask for prayers so that God might allow him to complete his work on earth?

Hassan i Sabbah / everybody else: No.

He was asking us to pray for them to die.

That's why.

Have a nice day.

Give my love to Jebus.

Hassan, you've named one of the voices you confer with in your head after me?

I feel so honored.

I like how the imaginary audience sides with you as well.

Very convincing...

Nick
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Here is the part from your link that refers to what you mentioned.

Quote:

One justice is 83 years old, another has cancer, and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire? With their retirement and the appointment of conservative judges, a massive change in federal jurisprudence can take place.

I see no death in there. You can interpret it however you want or you can just take it at face value. No matter how you take the O'Reilly one it is clearly about death and not only death, a painful one.

Nick
  • Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:

You should be careful... big brother could be reading this board. SS Doesn't take to fondly to individuals who make threats against protected persons... even in jest.

Ena. I say it's Ena.

Who do you reckon it is?
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Ena. I say it's Ena.

Who do you reckon it is?

wtf does that mean?