Al Qaida claims responsibility for blackout

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_5.html

If this is true it will make Bush look pretty dumb saying the black out wasn't caused by terrorist. But it seems more likely Al Qaida is just trying to take credit for an event out of their control.

Quote:

"A communiqué attributed to Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for the power blackout that happened in the U.S. last Thursday, saying that the brigades of Abu Fahes Al Masri had hit two main power plants supplying the East of the U.S., as well as major industrial cities in the U.S. and Canada, 'its ally in the war against Islam (New York and Toronto) and their neighbors.'

"The communiqué assured that the operation 'was carried out on the orders of Osama bin Laden to hit the pillars of the U.S. economy,' as 'a realization of bin Laden's promise to offer the Iraqi people a present.'

Al Qaida has such a wonderful way of describing their actions. This is a translation but still.

All the Al Qaida members are rightly doomed to the death penalty to begin with so they might as well take credit for everything that goes wrong.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Yea this never happened before terrorism.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    They should take credit for the recession hurled upon the great beast of the West, while they're at it!
  • Reply 3 of 40
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Al Qaida are also responsible for the recent heat wave in yurrop, the earthquake in china, & last but not least the Arnie ticket in Californee-i-a...

yee...har
  • Reply 4 of 40
    Dem are sum bizzy, dudes!
  • Reply 5 of 40
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Buildings collapsed before terrorism too you know.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Maybe they should take credit for the gas crisis back in the mid '70s
  • Reply 7 of 40
    ...and what's with gas shooting back to $1.80/1.90 all of a sudden?! G-damn terrorists!!!
  • Reply 8 of 40
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Good to know we fight people with the mentality of 8 year olds. "REALLY! We did it! Why don't you BELIEVE meeee? *stomps away*" I might've bought into the idea that the a-hole brigade caused this under two conditions: 1) they took credit for it within 24 hours, and 2) people were actually killed / bombed / whatever during the blackout.

What a bunch of camel jammers.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Al Qaida is responsible for making my nuts itch.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Al Qaida is responsible for making my nuts itch.

There is only one cure..and involves greasing a chicken...
  • Reply 11 of 40
    gardnerjgardnerj Posts: 167member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

There is only one cure..and involves greasing a chicken...

Mmmmmm greasy chicken ....

Al Qaida ate my homework?
  • Reply 12 of 40
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Buildings collapsed before terrorism too you know.

Yea that makes a whole lot of sense bunge. Great comeback.
  • Reply 13 of 40
    Quote:

Care to pin down the exact time frame when "terrorism" started?

And don't say 9/11 or I'll have to breakout the
  • Reply 14 of 40
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Apparently one U.S. official said Al Qaida's claim was "laughable." Now THAT'S a strategy. Even if they did do it, we could just not let them have the pleasure of it by saying it was something else.

"We turned off your power," they say.

"No you didn't," our reply.

"What?"

"You didn't kill our power."

"Yes we did."

"No you didn't."

"But -- damn."

"Try again, Al Qaida bastards!"
  • Reply 15 of 40
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    [wrings hands and gets giddy]

Quote:

If this is true it will make Bush look pretty dumb saying the black out wasn't caused by terrorist.

[oh please...please!]
  • Reply 16 of 40
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Yea that makes a whole lot of sense bunge. Great comeback.

Not really. It was actually just sarcastic because your original post was unintelligent.
  • Reply 17 of 40
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

[wrings hands and gets giddy]

[oh please...please!]

Hang on a moment. He said IF it's true. IF it's true it would make Bush look like an idiot. Now, not commenting on the likelihood of it being true, just step back and take off your utlra-republican goggles and look at the situation without bias.

Unlikely scenario but a valid one nonetheless:

Blackout.

Minutes later Bush states that it is most certainly not terrorism.

It is later found out that it was indeed terrorism.

Bush looks like a moron for coming out and saying it wasn't so quickly.

Again, I doubt that it was terrorism but if that very miniscule chance that it indeed was turns out to be true, Bush would look like a ****ing idiot.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    He would. Luckily for him, this is about an inept power company in Ohio most likely, not Osama sending out orders to shut down the grid (and then do nothing) from a cave in Wala Wala.

Who would look like an even bigger bunch of idiots, are the democrats, for hammering on the Bush Administration immediately after -- as if it were THEIR fault the grid went down.

AQ shuts down grid

Bush says it wasn't terrorism

Democrats cry "it's all his fault!" before any inquiry has been made

Inquiry determines it was terrorism.

Very clear who the idiots in this scenario would be, and what order of magnitude idiots they would be.

• Reply 19 of 40
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

He would. Luckily for him, this is about an inept power company in Ohio most likely, not Osama sending out orders to shut down the grid (and then do nothing) from a cave in Wala Wala.

Exactly. I just hate it when these idiots wearing political party goggles refuse to look at any topic without their own stupid spin. Honestly, I liken the attitude of those really involved in either major political party as looking at the world through shit colored glasses.
  • Reply 20 of 40
    Yes, fecal-colored glasses could cause major vision problems. Especially since systemic problems must be present in the brain in order for one to willingly put them on.