Conan the Deceiver

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    And yelling SHUT UP at guests is hard journalism?

O'Reilly won't even have Joe Conason on his show.

And Ann Coulter won't appear on the same shows as Joe Conason.

Larry King's show is softball... but what's wrong with that? Everyone gets the same treatment.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

No more speaking of male body parts biting SDW's butt.

• Reply 43 of 47
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

And yelling SHUT UP at guests is hard journalism?

O'Reilly won't even have Joe Conason on his show.

And Ann Coulter won't appear on the same shows as Joe Conason.

Larry King's show is softball... but what's wrong with that? Everyone gets the same treatment.

I really don't care what anyone yells at their guests. They are likely all attention starved, self serving sycophants if they appear on those shows anyone.

If you knew me, you would know that I don't even watch TV much less cable news of any sort.

I just hate people who are hypocritical and try to portray one sides practices as "enlightened" and the others as "crap."

So Larry King tosses Larry Flynt softballs. Do I care? No, but don't have Shawn sitting there going, "See that's journalistic integrity, I tell ya."

They are all birds of a feather and trying to convince you that you should watch them 24/7 until you are obese, bloated and dead.

Nick
  • Reply 44 of 47
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

Really? I remember this show called Crossfire. I believe yelling at one another was pretty much the entire point. James Carville, Bill Press, Paul Begala...any of these names ring a bell? Two of the three were basically Clinton's rhetorical hit men. (Because the best way to be compassionate toward sexual harassment is to call the woman who comes forward trailer trash on national TV!)

Carville does nothing but yell, the man can barely even put a sentence together.

Nick

I certainly don't remember them yelling.

Go turn on the TV and switch between MSNBC, FOX and CNN. I had a little kid ask me the other day when scarborough was on what his problem was that he kept yelling into the camera, for one example among many.

Fox in particular not only has people yelling, but even when giving the news there are all sorts of little comments, gestures, huffing, sighing and such. The sad part is that CNN has recently started trying to do the same thing with the little commentary sprinkled throughout the news, but really only with the blond guy. The great thing about CNN is that the rise of fox has, for the most part, forced CNN (with the exception of the blong guy) to resort what they do well, which is give the news without all of the comments, gestures, huffing, sighing informing me of what opinion the network has or doesn't have toward a certain issue.

When I gather information, I want that information straight. CNN does a good job of this, though, like all networks, the stories they run lack substance. Fox tries to compensate for the lack of substance in the stories by having their anchors do what's mentioned above, but that technique is BS. It's being used as a replacement for real journalism.

In December of 2001 Fox did a huge 4 part investigative report on Israeli spying and drug running in the US, and how investigations were actively being hampered by control of big parts of the US communication infrastructure by Israeli companies. This was a great amazing piece of journalism. They even cited officials in the FBI and CIA stating that suggesting Israeli spying was considered carreer suicide. It showed the link between Israeli ecstasy running and Israeli spying, and showed that Israelis had been casing federal building for months by posing as art students. It even talked about that fact that everyone arrested after 9.11 was Israeli. But what happened? All record of the story has been erased from the Fox News world. I have two of the videos and copies of the website from when it was up as well as the trascripts from lexis-nexis.

Since this story I have yet to see anything on fox with meat, or really anywhere for that matter. The fact is that most of what is going on in the world today is too politically sensitive for networks to touch it, especially in a time when so much of our foreign policy revolves around Israel. Instead they either yell at the guests or the viewer or they sprinkle their shallow news stories with opinions. CNN is the exception, and it is starting to be a problem for them.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    I think George will is a conservative who can debate calmly... I think there's plenty of room for respectful discourse... and I'm not saying the left is any more respectful than the right...

I think most network news sucks.. 30 minutes to dilute a bunch of stories to their simplest level. Not very informative. I think the PBS news hour is the only one really worth watching. And they don't really tolerate shouting matches.

I don't think fox news can make any claims to being more informative than the big 3 and CNN. Maybe more entertaining in a twisted way. I don't get how Scarborough is on MSNBC and Donohue isn't. And don't say it's ratings... Donohue's ratings were fine.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    What are you people debating? Which news network is better? Which is more objective? Which has flashier graphics? They're TV networks. They all have bias reporting, they all have dumbed-down journalism, they all have flashy graphics and they all shout at you.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Thanks for clearing that up. *eyes rolling*