You're stranded on a desert island and you've got one CD

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

"criss cross"

Word. I never would have thought of wearing my clothes backwards if it weren't for them.

Oh, wait. Hmm.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Word. I never would have thought of wearing my clothes backwards if it weren't for them.

Oh, wait. Hmm.

• Reply 43 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Open your ears! I love Sgt. Peppers but the world has so much more. Ask to see Superkarate's CD list!

My ears have been open. Lots of good stuff in the last 25 years. Queen (early stuff), Billy Joel (early stuff), The Police, Living Colour, Jellyfish, Soundgarden, Ben Folds Five, Rage Against The Machine...

All of it fabulous. None of it even close to the shortest snippit of Pepper.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    I'm just going to swim to all your islands, steal the CD's and make my island a pay-per-song jukebox.

Please pay in coconuts.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

I've listened to this album at least once a week for a long, long, long time. It'd need it with me.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    "I get up around seven, get out of bed around nine. And I don't worry 'bout nothing, cause worrying's a waste of my time."

I still remember sitting in my car in front of Formosa Cafe hearing that song on the radio for the first time. God it rocked soooo hard! Gave me chills.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

i mean i'd be happy on an island, with a nice monk, "criss cross" or "straight no chaser"

Monk's Dream is my absolute favorite, but that's because I've been listening to it for 20+ years. I can't say that about many albums...but amazingly enough Sgt. Pepper's too.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    Pink Floyd - Meddle
  • Reply 49 of 55
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    Tough call... Either all the episodes of Gilligan's Island compressed. Or the Dummies Guide to getting off of a deserted island audio CD.
  • Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Monk's Dream is my absolute favorite, but that's because I've been listening to it for 20+ years. I can't say that about many albums...but amazingly enough Sgt. Pepper's too.

actually my favorite monk is "monk's music" it has him on the cover sitting in a wagon. coltrane, coleman hawkins, and art blakey are on it. it's quite tremendous.
  • Reply 51 of 55
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

actually my favorite monk is "monk's music" it has him on the cover sitting in a wagon. coltrane, coleman hawkins, and art blakey are on it. it's quite tremendous.

I just bought it so I haven't heard it yet. Actually, it's still in the plastic....
  • Reply 52 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Oh I see. Umm...how about:

PJ Harvey - Sheela Na Gig/Ecstasy/Dress

MC5 - Kick out the Jams

Pulp - This is Hardcore

Anything by Gasparyan

The Smiths - This Charming Man

Teardrop Explodes - Just like Leila Khaled said

Julian Cope - Safe Surfer

err....this is more difficult than I thought...can't I just take a piano ?

what's this? a Copey fan ?
  • Reply 53 of 55
    East Hastings-Godspeed You! Black Emperor

HyperBallad-Bjork

Bellbottoms-Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Coax Me-Sloan

Wave of Mutilation-Pixies

High Fidelity-Elvis

NYC-Interpol

The Shy Retirer-Arab Strap

Hollywood Bedtime Story-The Dears

Throwaway Style-Exploding Hearts

Happiness is a Warm Gun-The Breeders

Ceremony-New Order

Moondance-Van Morrison

Ironclad-Sleater Kinnet

Razzmataz-Pulp

Yu Gung-Pussy Galore

I'm sure I've missed a few, but that's pretty much all I need for the rest of my life.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Toad the Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea