iPod 50GB in November

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bender

"30 GB ought to be enough for everyone!" :-)

"bite my shiny metal ass" futurama rules

It depends how serious your are, I mean I don't think i'd ever get round to putting all my cd's on mp3, but if I did they would easily break the capacity of the current iPod, well maybe not easily but i'm sure it wouldn't last another 20 years at the rate I buy music and i'd want to put more than one song a day on.

Quote:

And yet the iPod gives you a huge 10GB, 15GB or 30GB hard drive. Do the math: that?s space enough to store three weeks of music ? played continuously, 24/7 ? or one new song a day for the next 20 years.

Apple's iPod Page

Plus the beauty of the iPod is that it's not just about music, you can store data there as well, that's a major factor in the increased need for more storage space
  • Reply 42 of 43
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    well, I guess we got "only" 40GB but 2 months earlier than expected
  • Reply 43 of 43
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Why 50 G? When the 15 and 30 G came out I was frankly surprised, knowing Toshiba had been making the 40 G and 80 G ipod-sized hard drives already for months. I'd rather see the 80 G ones, but that'll probably take some time as 10 G isn't too small yet for most users, and having 4 sizes doesn't seem very common for Apple products.