Powermac G5 pictures

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Oooh, you use that Konfabulator thing too! Isn't that the coolest?

You know what, I'd love someone (perhaps this guy above with the G5 pics on his site) to do photos like that of ALL Apple's gear!

I've long wished for (among other things) Apple to design and sell a calendar in their retail and online stores. Their stuff is so gorgeous to look at (more than proven by the photos above) that I'd love to have a calendar hanging on my wall at home AND work with a different product(s) to look at every month.

Beats puppies and old locomotives and the other usual calendar subjects I see at Barnes & Noble.

Brilliant! Apple should hire you as a marketing and promotion consultant.

Fender puts out one every year of their coolest, nicest guitar custom shop creations, so it's not like it's a far-out, unheard of thing.

AND it would serve as a nice little advertising/marketing tool (think how many comments and conversations it would spark in your cubicle when people see it).

Can I get an "amen"?

• Reply 22 of 37
    Quote:

Oooh, you use that Konfabulator thing too! Isn't that the coolest?

You know what, I'd love someone (perhaps this guy above with the G5 pics on his site) to do photos like that of ALL Apple's gear!

I've long wished for (among other things) Apple to design and sell a calendar in their retail and online stores. Their stuff is so gorgeous to look at (more than proven by the photos above) that I'd love to have a calendar hanging on my wall at home AND work with a different product(s) to look at every month.

Beats puppies and old locomotives and the other usual calendar subjects I see at Barnes & Noble.

Fender puts out one every year of their coolest, nicest guitar custom shop creations, so it's not like it's a far-out, unheard of thing.

AND it would serve as a nice little advertising/marketing tool (think how many comments and conversations it would spark in your cubicle when people see it).

Can I get an "amen"?

(BTW, I can't WAIT to hear the various reasons why this couldn't/shouldn't be done... ) "ooh, no...it's too cheesy...people might learn about Apple and that would be bad..." and "it dilutes the appeal and impact...Apple should never do anything different than what they're doing now...it's perfect!"

Sorry to have posted mid-comment.

Repeat! Brilliant idea, especially in Asia where Calenders are given as major gifts. Apple should hire you as marketing and promotion consultant.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BJerBrilliant! Apple should hire you as a marketing and promotion consultant.

Get in line, brother. I've only been saying that for YEARS now (along with a few others).

But - for reasons that are completely unknown to me and many others - Apple doesn't seem too nuts about the idea of touting their wares with the level of determination and enthusiasm you'd THINK they would.

It's a mystery to me...I guess we'll wait another few years for this enterprise thing to not pan out either and we'll wind up back here trying to figure out why the marketshare is still sitting below 5%.

"I know, let's do ANOTHER Switch campaign...only this time, we'll put the people in front of a black background and play some trance/electronica music! THAT'LL do it!"

• Reply 24 of 37
    I just e-mailed the guy above and gushed over the photos and asked him if he's considered shooting other cool-looking Apple gear in this same style (the iPod, Cinema Displays, the aluminum PowerBooks, the LCD iMac, etc.).

I think they'd be just as beautiful as the G5 photos above.

Looks like he's doing a little bit of a cool Photoshop "blur a layered copy, set to Darken mode and back off on the opacity" trick I learned from the Photoshop Wow! book years ago.

Gives it just enough of a softness and somehow keeps dark areas crisp. Hard to describe, but they're not just straight, untouched photos. They look REALLY cool, whatever he's done.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:

Looks like he's doing a little bit of a cool Photoshop "blur a layered copy, set to Darken mode and back off on the opacity" trick

That's the same look you get as when you make a color photographic print with a slightly soft filter on the enlarger.

-- Mark
  • Reply 26 of 37
    Really? I'm not a photographer and I know next-to-nothing about the stuff, so I'm not aware of the traditional darkroom-based manipulations and effects. That's interesting to know.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    Quote:

Really? I'm not a photographer and I know next-to-nothing about the stuff, so I'm not aware of the traditional darkroom-based manipulations and effects. That's interesting to know.

Sorry for going off-topic.

Actually, you can also (accidentally) end up with that look by having a dusty mirror in your film scanner when scanning negative film. However, I'm 1000% certain that Bill Noll was doing whatever he did in a completely controlled fashion.

-- Mark
  • Reply 28 of 37
    *el bumpo*

Hey, would anyone else like to see this photographer do the same type of photos of the new 15" PowerBook? I would.

Just a thought...
  • Reply 30 of 37
    cool pics.

Where'd ya get the printer stand?
  • Reply 31 of 37
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Got the printer stand at Office Depot. I think it was $69.00.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    What kind of HP printer is that? Is it any good?
  • Reply 33 of 37
    Yummy. Sexy mac pictures. Pardon me while I hit the laser printer and take a bathroom break.....
  • Reply 34 of 37
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

A few pictures of my rig:

I saved it to my Pictures folder as i_envy_you.jpg

Barto
  • Reply 35 of 37
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    The printer is an HP Photosmart 7960.

Its a new model that just came out. Its an 8 color printer.

Has a built in LCD display.

I am extremely happy with it. B&W photos are fantastic due to the new grey cartridge that HP just came out with.

This printer was $299. They have 3 others in the line. One goes for $99, one for $149, and an other for $199.

All can direct print from memory cards.
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

The printer is an HP Photosmart 7960.

Its a new model that just came out. Its an 8 color printer.

Has a built in LCD display.

I am extremely happy with it. B&W photos are fantastic due to the new grey cartridge that HP just came out with.

This printer was $299. They have 3 others in the line. One goes for $99, one for $149, and an other for $199.

All can direct print from memory cards.

Yeah, I am looking for a new printer, that prints good quality printers, since I take a lot of digital pictures. How are the color pictures? My Deskjet 932c is not cutting it anymore, well it never did.