Clark set to enter 2004 presidential race!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 148
    It's funny how we have a former alcholic/possible coke user/ AWOL Air National Guardsman/corporate interest-religious right whore in there now...

Dean, Kerry or Clark all look like supermen next to him.
  • Reply 22 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

It's funny how we have a former alcholic/possible coke user/ AWOL Air National Guardsman/corporate interest-religious right whore in there now...

Good one! A bit extreme\ , but a good one none-the-less.
  • Reply 23 of 148
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Can I use that as my new sig?
  • Reply 24 of 148
    Feel free!

Dean... Medical Doctor, and governor that balanced his budgets.

Kerry... Vietnam Vet.

Clark... decorated General, Rhodes scholar.

Bush... C student.
  • Reply 25 of 148
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    haha, his name is Wesley!

Go Dean.
  • Reply 26 of 148
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Too bad he's not here to defend himself; would be pretty embarrassing for an all-powerful moderator to be bested in a debate with a guy named "Wesley."

What's next, taking verbal abuse from new male AI members "Kelly, Haley, and Kyyyyle?" (thanks to George Carlin for the last one).

• Reply 27 of 148
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

haha, his name is Wesley!

Go Dean.

His name could be Sally and he could still outsmart us and kick our asses.
  • Reply 28 of 148
    Or Sue. Had to give a shout out to Jonny Cash.
  • Reply 29 of 148
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Feel free!

Dean... Medical Doctor, and governor that balanced his budgets.

Kerry... Vietnam Vet.

Clark... decorated General, Rhodes scholar.

Bush... C student.

Yes, pretty much all you need to know.
  • Reply 30 of 148
    How about a Clark/McCain ticket?

That would make me happy.

A conservative liberal and a liberal conservative
  • Reply 31 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Finally, a guy from Little Rock we can respect.

I agree completely.

My mom went to school with Clark and said that even back then, he was a smart and well respected person.

Go Clark!
  • Reply 32 of 148
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

...it does seem to be true though that the anti-war people (or whatever you want to call them) are Clark's biggest backers. I suppose it's because a serious military guy gives them some cover.

I think it's because most of the people who are considered anti-war are actually more like Moogs or myself. War might be necessary, but war in the way we went about it was worse than no war at all. So for myself, I have no problem with someone that would have gone to war in Iraq, but under different circumstances.

Just the same, if Bush never went to war I wouldn't like him.
  • Reply 33 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

What's next, taking verbal abuse from new male AI members "Kelly, Haley, and Kyyyyle?" (thanks to George Carlin for the last one).

• Reply 34 of 148
    He's an intriguing possibility but people seem interested in him more because they think he can win than because of his stances. I like what I've seen him say and write on foreign policy issues but AFAIK he hasn't staked out his positions on domestic issues. Seems like he's unknown but great hope to Democrats nationally (or even non-Democrats who do not desire a Shrubbery Administration sequel) much as Arnold was to Californian Republicans a couple of months ago when he announced. It can get messier once he has to campaign and take positions on issues.
  • Reply 35 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

You are mad. Kerry and Gephardt out? Dean and Clinton part of the three-way contest? WTF!!

Ah. So the opinion that Dean, the clear frontrunner, and Clark and Clinton, the popular Democrats who would transform the race upon their entrance, would effectively shut out Kerry's and Gephardt's largely uninteresting campaigns...is in your opinion...."mad."

It is crazy, but I don't see much momentum in Kerry's campaign at all. I rank Gephardt as a more viable (although wild-card) VP candidate based largely on the union endorsements he would bring to the table.

Who the hell is John Kerry if Wesley Clark joins the race- as expected?

Nobody here is an expert, and some opinions are less valid than others, but I think there is some truth to what I am speculating about. I would at least admit some truth to your opinion that Kerry and Gephardt shouldn't be excluded just yet.. Right, mad dog?
  • Reply 36 of 148
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Ah. So the opinion that Dean, the clear frontrunner, and Clark and Clinton, the popular Democrats who would transform the race upon their entrance, would effectively shut out Kerry's and Gephardt's largely uninteresting campaigns...is in your opinion...."mad."

Dean's only the frontrunner in your dreams. And Clark is popular? I'm guessing fewer people have heard of him than Kerry, Gephardt, etc. Interesting campaigns don't make good campaigns. Blogs don't make you anything more than the internet dweeb favorite.

Quote:

It is crazy, but I don't see much momentum in Kerry's campaign at all. I rank Gephardt as a more viable (although wild-card) VP candidate based largely on the union endorsements he would bring to the table.

See, I rank Kerry as very viable because he can easily dip into his wife's Heinz money...

Quote:

Who the hell is John Kerry if Wesley Clark joins the race- as expected?

A guy who has already been covered thoroughly in all the major periodicals. Clark has a lot of catching up to do.

Quote:

Nobody here is an expert, and some opinions are less valid than others, but I think there is some truth to what I am speculating about. I would at least admit some truth to your opinion that Kerry and Gephardt shouldn't be excluded just yet.. Right, mad dog?

You have somehow propelled Hillary Clinton to the top 3...you are clearly not an expert.

You should also know. We had a President Clark in Babylon 5. He turned out to be EVIL.
  • Reply 37 of 148
    well... THAT made alot of sense? was that constructive at all?
  • Reply 38 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Dean's only the frontrunner in your dreams. And Clark is popular? I'm guessing fewer people have heard of him than Kerry, Gephardt, etc. Interesting campaigns don't make good campaigns. Blogs don't make you anything more than the internet dweeb favorite.

See, I rank Kerry as very viable because he can easily dip into his wife's Heinz money...

A guy who has already been covered thoroughly in all the major periodicals. Clark has a lot of catching up to do.

You have somehow propelled Hillary Clinton to the top 3...you are clearly not an expert.

You should also know. We had a President Clark in Babylon 5. He turned out to be EVIL.

Eugene,

Some of your statements here are wrong.

1. Google News search of "Dean frontrunner". You're definitely mistaken here.

2. There are restrictions in place that would prevent Kerry from tapping Heinz' wealth. He could probably only use jointly owned assets like he did in his 1996 Senate race

I'm not a Babylon 5 fan, but I appreciate your humor.

• Reply 39 of 148
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Dean's the 'frontrunner' because he had a slight headstart and a fairly large grassroots campaign which effectively inflates his poll results, but you're also saying Clark is going to be huge despite his late start? You can't have it both ways. Besides, wasn't it like 2/3 of the voting public can't even name one Democratic candidate?

I'd say Gephardt and Kerry look to have the most stable following. What happens when the voting public begins to see through Dean's novelty approach to his campaign?

And on the topic of the Heinz fortune, you know better than that. for every restriction, there is an equal and opposite loophole.
  • Reply 40 of 148
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I'm a Rep but Wesley Clark gets my vote anyday. I'm worried about the late start should this actually be true. However, I will have NO problem opening my check book for Clark.