Clark set to enter 2004 presidential race!

Comments

• Reply 81 of 148
    That's all they got? hehe...

Got into an argument with a British commander about wanting to stop some russians from taking the Pristina airfield??? (I remember the right being pissed we didn't do something about that)

Worked for Clinton? (Happened to have a comprehensive plan to fight terrorism... presented to the Bush administration... and was ignored)

Was responsible for Waco? (I really hope they beat this drum alot... it'll make them look like loons... except to members of militias and the christian coalition.)

Only those on the farthest right will think any of that tripe matters. I really hope the Republican's go dirty as soon as possible... it'll only make them look like hypocrits who will say anything and try to slander anyone to get elected.
  • Reply 82 of 148
    I'd like to see more from Edwards....
  • Reply 83 of 148
    Curious question. Why does the South always determine who the next president of the United States is going to be?
  • Reply 84 of 148
    thttht Posts: 5,536member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Curious question. Why does the South always determine who the next president of the United States is going to be?

I'd hazard a guess that the South contains the most swing states while the others lean one way or the other. All Gore had to do is win one of them and he would have won.

By the way, "the South" refers to some 19th century geographical landscape of the USA while states East and South of Mississippi river is "the South", Ohio is centered in "the MidWest", and Texas, Oklahoma, etc, would be considered the "the West". Since Texas is the "West", is California "the far West"?

I will take this moment to pat myself on the back since I said way back in 2002 that Clark would be the Dems best candidate. Well, lots of mud to be thrown before the Dem nom is put forward, so maybe I should hold off. 8)
  • Reply 85 of 148
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Maybe a "Liberals only" board can be created.

Oh wait, this is it.

My mistake.

Maybe you all can invite Apple board member Al Gore to get in on these procedings. Steve could tag along too if he wants.

Quote:

I'm amazed at the negative furvor being drummed up by the conservative media.

I guess you are not amazed when it goes the other way eh?

I don't want a "perfumed" president.
  • Reply 86 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

Maybe a "Liberals only" board can be created.

Oh wait, this is it.

• Reply 87 of 148
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

I don't want a "perfumed" president.

Then vote democratic to get rid of our currently "perfumed" White House resident.
  • Reply 88 of 148
    But if I voted democratic, I would feel all slimey and everything. I would feel like Bill Clinton.

Not good unless I am "getting some' I guess.

Look forward to the Clarke thrashing anyways.

*makes mental note to turn on Fox News*

Fair, balanced, and unafraid.
  • Reply 89 of 148
    Yup... keep watching Fox and get fed exactly what you want to hear. The wars goin' great. The economy is getting better... really. No Child will be left behind...

I miss "slimey" Bill... balanced budgets... millions of new jobs... the Patriots winning the superbowl... Hypocritcal self-righteous "moral" republicans imploding (too many to even mention)... the good ole days.

A recent Poll said 41% of americans intend to vote against Bush... and 29% for him. I guess you should enjoy these great times while you can. How did that tax break work for ya? Did you get the "average" $1000? Or were you part of the 31% who didn't get anything?
  • Reply 90 of 148
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

because they always vote. well, it seems that way. they don't seem to be nearly as cynical and apathetic about voting as their northern brothers and sisters. is it a generalization? sure. but it also tends to be true more often than not.

not sure about the western states. i would bet that they get fed "and so-and-so has already won, so don't bother voting" broadcasts when they wake up or go to lunch, so voting over there seems less urgent. that's why i think exit polling shoud be outlawed. go vote. screw the networks and their ratings. wake up the next morning, give everyone plenty of time to count the votes, and find out who won the next morning. seems simple to me. which mans no one will ever go for it.
  • Reply 91 of 148
    well actually the south is important because of electoral votes... the west is lean in electoral votes... the northeast is small except for NY... the south has the largest concentration of electoral votes... and southerners like to vote for southerners... that's why the wisdom is that the candidate should be from the south and preferrably a governor... Congressmen might be seen as too inside the beltway.

Plus besides the Bible belt... the south can be very moderate... almost independant.
  • Reply 92 of 148
    Quote:

Yup... keep watching Fox and get fed exactly what you want to hear. The wars goin' great. The economy is getting better... really. No Child will be left behind...

Well, its the only Conservative news channel.

Everything else on my cable service is liberal.

You can't deny it. Hell, how about the TV show "The Left Wing", err "The West Wing"?

Excuse me.
  • Reply 93 of 148
    Quote:

I miss "slimey" Bill... balanced budgets... millions of new jobs... the Patriots winning the superbowl... Hypocritcal self-righteous "moral" republicans imploding (too many to even mention)... the good ole days.

Yeah, Enron, et al.

All the book cooking occured during the "flying high" days of Bill Clinton. No wonder why corporate America was doing "so well".

Not to mention things started to sag right at the end of his illustrious watch.

9/11?

Began planning under slick Willies watch.

I know you don't want to hear that.
  • Reply 94 of 148
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

Do you actually ever bother to watch Fox? The hard news shows report on the warts of the war. The talking heads on the op-ed shows can say what they want. But it seems to me that you are displaying a level of chosen ignorance here. Do you prefer the "fail and balanced" reporting of an Anampour or an Arnett?
  • Reply 95 of 148
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Do you actually ever bother to watch Fox? The hard news shows report on the warts of the war. The talking heads on the op-ed shows can say what they want. But it seems to me that you are displaying a level of chosen ignorance here. Do you prefer the "fail and balanced" reporting of an Anampour or an Arnett?

No, that's wrong.

Fox News blurs the line between reporting and commentary. That's fact. So you can't go around legitimizing the reporting while delegitimizing the commentary because it's so intertwined. The reporting isn't exactly top-notch either. In fact, I suggest that it's biased as well.

So, no, I don't really see any aspect of Fox News that is "fair and balanced." (Even Hannity & Colmes is a "fair and balanced" farce!)

I wish Fox News would just come out and say it's conservative.
  • Reply 96 of 148
    Prove it.
  • Reply 97 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

I wish CNN, NYT, Wash' Post, LA Times, Miami Herald, every Boston news paper, every San Fran' news paper .... would come out and say it's liberal.
  • Reply 98 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

No, that's wrong.

Fox News blurs the line between reporting and commentary. That's fact. So you can't go around legitimizing the reporting while delegitimizing the commentary because it's so intertwined. The reporting isn't exactly top-notch either. In fact, I suggest that it's biased as well.

So, no, I don't really see any aspect of Fox News that is "fair and balanced." (Even Hannity & Colmes is a "fair and balanced" farce!)

Tis ShawnJ, Fox News expert!

Display for us your many, many studies, reports, hell even anecdotal information about Fox News...

Please...

Nick
  • Reply 99 of 148
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I wish CNN, NYT, Wash' Post, LA Times, Miami Herald, every Boston news paper, every San Fran' news paper .... would come out and say it's liberal.

But they're not. At least, not in the way they handled the pre, during and post war commentaries.
  • Reply 100 of 148
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

But they're not. At least, not in the way they handled the pre, during and post war commentaries.

I would have to disagree.

Nick