Outsiders - what kind of computer do you own?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Mandrake, because I'm a lazy bastard.

Using 9.0 right now, but will likely upgrade to 9.1 in the next week or so.

I've never had any problems with Mandrake, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a full install of Linux without much bother.

If you look at my earlier post where I tell about what comps I have you''ll see that I have a Mandrake Linux system running as well... I'm running 9.1 as well.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

That's spooky....

I did get over the association of the computer with those events...although its been on my mind again for the last few days.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    *Dual G4 1Ghz 1GB RAM, 4 internal 100GB drives, 20 or so LaCie 120GB external drives.

*Powerbook G4, 1 GHz, 512MB RAM

*Beige G3 333Mhz (about to upgrade to Sonnet 1Ghz G4)

*3 Power Computing clones with 400Mhz G3 upgrade cards

WallStreet G3 300Mhz (broken)
  • Reply 44 of 44
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

lol Do you think my P2 266 can be upgraded that far?

It depends on the mainboard you have.

I found out about my upgradeability in a Dell support forum, but even if your board is capable of upgrading with a faster processor it will be difficult to get one of these processors. When I did the upgrade it was already difficult to get them because Intel just stoped producing them. I don't think you will find the specific processer you will need to get. (It all depends on the board and if it has Socket 370 or Slot 1 or...)

This page helped me very much with my upgrade:

http://www.roberthancock.com/dell/

This site is very good, if your windows machine isn't from Dell you need to check which mainboard you have and then see if it is in the list further down on that page.

I forgot to mention that I have a Commodore 64 (cannot find it right now, but I know it is here, somewhere)