Spider Vs Man .... Man runs away

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argento

Burn your house down, it's the only way to be sure.

I'm with you. Holy guacamole!
  • Reply 22 of 49
    Aquafire...

Not you...is it?

Ok, I'll stop reviving old threads now...
  • Reply 23 of 49
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

As promised......

I'll be the first to say it:

FVCK!

Might as well include my scary spider store.

I was putting my headphones on, like I always do, when I say the tiniest little spider crawling around between the clear plastic and white plastic of my Cube! He was about the size of the tip of a pen, and he was crawling in circles!

Ok, so it was more stupid than scary, but hey, its the Bay Area. We haven't got many spiders here in Benicia, despite my house backing up to open space.
  • Reply 24 of 49
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

Aquafire...

Not you...is it?

Ok, I'll stop reviving old threads now...

No It's not me...Giope is a beautiful spider...

I am not 100 % sure but it looks a bit like a spider that inhabits tropical parts of Australia..

We call it the " Golden Orb " spider....It is reputed to be able to catch small rodents and birds with its very tough web...
  • Reply 25 of 49
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I HATE spider. I also become a little girl that will not kill even one of those less then a centimeter big spiders that jump.

Sadly enough I have only one can of industrial bug spray that well it renders large insects dead within seconds. Well we are running out of it! But we have bigger spiders...haha I dont think anything bigger then a garden spider but they are still VERY scary. I normally spray them down to disable them and attack them with a baseball bat.

Once I get more paintballs that will be my new method of choice.

And if I had spiders like people are talking about I'd move. If I couldn't move I'd take get one of those bug curtains and fill up every jack in my house with a electronic bug thing. Then I'd have an exterminator come around and make sure my house is impenetrable. How can you live anywhere like that?!

I now dislike you for showing me that stuff.
  • Reply 26 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

" I HATE spider. I also become a little girl that will not kill even one of those less then a centimeter big spiders that jump.........I now dislike you for showing me that stuff. "

Ps I get rid of my spiders by leaving a trail of dead meat for them to eat as they make their way outdoors again...a couple of lbs ( kilos ) usually does the trick....
  • Reply 27 of 49
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Here's my little spider story. I was coming home from a party here in southern Cali. I was loaded and could not find my house keys in my pocket

I walked to the back of my house still carrying my drink when it "ocurred" to me I was thirsty. ---Warning, the following sentence may be quite upsetting to some....be warned---.....

I poured what was left of my drink ---I warned you it could be upsetting---and turned the tap on and filled the glass halfway. I started drinking from the glass when I felt something touch my lip. I stopped and spit out the water in less than a nanosecond. I turned a light on and inspected the area where I had spit the water, but nothing. I then proceeded to look into the glass....and there it was. Floating in the glass upside down was a black spider about an inch and half in length and with 2 tiny red "spots" on it's belly. Yep, I had just almost swallowed a blackwidow.

My guess is she was hiding inside the tap and fell victim to the hydraulic force. After reading about Ffloyd, I have decided to name my spider post-mortem. Rest In Peace PFFFT. With 3 fs.
  • Reply 28 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

When I was a kid I was reaching for a saw and a millisecond and about a centimeter before I grabbed it I noticed the black widow on the handle. That taught me always to look carefully before grabbing something in the garage. Otherwise, I'm not that afraid of spiders.

I probably saw about ten black widows around the house as a kid. Now that's scary.

Interesting thing about " Black widows" & our version is called " Redbacks "..but entymologists suggest that these two closely related spiders were probably introduced from India several hundred years ago...

There are no fossil specimens of it in Oz. I am not sure for the black widow in America, but I don't recall ever seeing a specimen locked away in amber.

So like the Hobo spider ( we call it a Fiddleback ) it has been introduced via shipping to new lands.

My favourite spider is the " jumping spider "...scientists have done tests that suggest it has an extrodinary capability to solve problems and to apply learned hunting techniques to new situations... It is the genius of the spider world genus...
  • Reply 29 of 49
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I was relieved to awake this morning having NOT had a nightmare about spiders.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by JRC

I was relieved to awake this morning having NOT had a nightmare about spiders.

Actually I drempt I got hit by a drunk biker. What the heck kinda dream is that you ask? I dunno.. musta been the hot sauce on the pizza...
  • Reply 31 of 49
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    *knocking on wood*

We've so far been pretty fortunate. We occasionally have the quarter-sized spider to rid ourselves of (the wolf spiders I spoke about were in another house that had a damp, dark basement. Let me tell you: spiders LIKE basements. I say stay the fuk out! ). Otherwise we've been OK most years.

For now, the only spiders of note here are two little cellar spiders that live just inside my front door. I let them live because they've "wacked" about 25 or 30 ants that have snuck in under the door. Pretty funny actually, every few days I'll look down and there are these little black dots everywhere. Dead ants under the web.

So me and the spiders have an agreement: I clean up their dead ants, they tell their huge relatives to stay the fook away from me at all times.

• Reply 32 of 49
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

So me and the spiders have an agreement: I clean up their dead ants, they tell their huge relatives to stay the fook away from me at all times.

Communication.
  • Reply 33 of 49

• Reply 34 of 49
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    How do you usually kill spiders that big? Wooden stakes?
  • Reply 35 of 49
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    That is just fuking WRONG. What the hell does a spider like that EAT -- squirrels?!

Ahhhiieieeee!
  • Reply 36 of 49
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Sorry, but **** me and **** you all. I keep clicking on this thread because I'm a ****ing moron and I wish you would all let it die. Please. That clock picture is just freaking scary holy shit don't every let me know that exists.

Thank you, get rid of those ****ing pictures.

EDIT: Oh ****ing christ. Where's picture #2? **** you, and **** your camera. May someone die a horrible death for making my life suck. ****. ****. This really sucks.
  • Reply 37 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Sorry, but **** me and **** you all. I keep clicking on this thread because I'm a ****ing moron and I wish you would all let it die. Please. That clock picture is just freaking scary holy shit don't every let me know that exists.

Thank you, get rid of those ****ing pictures.

EDIT: Oh ****ing christ. Where's picture #2? **** you, and **** your camera. May someone die a horrible death for making my life suck. ****. ****. This really sucks.

Bunge, your a scream..

Amongst the first to stand for the rights of the oppressed working classes..

I can just imagine you at the barricades..waving a red flag....( but making sure there are no friggin GIANT spiders around first...) ...
  • Reply 38 of 49
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Obviously you didn't look at the pictures.

Someone please poke my eyes out with a rusty fork covered in rat feces and vinegar. Then feed me to a Bengali tiger while forcing me to learn the Barney theme song.
  • Reply 39 of 49
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Obviously you didn't look at the pictures.

Someone please poke my eyes out with a rusty fork covered in rat feces and vinegar. Then feed me to a Bengali tiger while forcing me to learn the Barney theme song.

Sorry to inform you, but the tiger got shot under the most retarded, stupid and ridiculous of circumstances(or as our little in-house neo-con wannabees would say.....he got "liberated"

because he was an immediate threat to the "coalition" forces).

How about we just throw you in a pen full of genetically altered,giant, black furry spiders?
  • Reply 40 of 49
    So there I am pouring my coffee when I see something in the corner of the kitchen. Silly me, I poured the boiling coffee all over the counter as I screamed like a girl for 3.2 minutes. Once I recovered.... I grabbed the camera and...