This is REAL treason Ann Coulter: Someone is going to Jail or worse!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 494
    This is the way Watergate started, just a small story on the inside pages of the newspaper.
  • Reply 22 of 494
    Quote:

This is the way Watergate started, just a small story on the inside pages of the newspaper.

sure, but for every watergate there were thousands of stories that had no legs and disappeared from said back pages. when this is front and center it has hopes of changing things, until then?
  • Reply 23 of 494
    There is now a new story in the main headline section of CNN.com.
  • Reply 24 of 494
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Hmmm? This still seems to be in the top stories.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...cia/index.html
  • Reply 25 of 494
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    It's strange that the CNN headline says "justice dept. seeks source" when it's clear from the washington post article that everyone involved knows exactly who the two people were.
  • Reply 26 of 494
    Example #5934599 of the hypocrisy of Republicans:

Quote:

We need more human intelligence. That means we need more protection for the methods we use to gather intelligence and more protection for our sources, particularly our human sources, people that are risking their lives for their country. Even though I'm a tranquil guy now at this stage of my life, I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view, the most insidious, of traitors.

George H.W. Bush

April 16th, 1999

Dedication Speech

George Bush Center for Intelligence

Junior gonna get a spankin next time he's in Kennebunkport...
  • Reply 27 of 494
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/

Rove's given Novak information in the past...

Quote:

Sources close to the former president [George H.W. Bush] say Rove was fired from the 1992 Bush presidential campaign after he planted a negative story with columnist Robert Novak about dissatisfaction with campaign fundraising chief and Bush loyalist Robert Mosbacher Jr. It was smoked out, and he was summarily ousted.

• Reply 28 of 494
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...490646,00.html

I hope this scandal gets the media attention it deserves. I had pointed out the interview with Wilson last week as proof the Bush administration knew the Iraq-Africa uranium claim was bunk... and when Wilson went public they outed his wife through Bob Novak... they did that to SCARE anyone else that might come out against the Bush doctrine.

So the story has impact on two points... it's proof the whitehouse had information that the Iraq Uranium claim had little merit but ran with it anyway... AND when someone publicly called them on it they broke the law and named a CIA operative.

This is the administration that holds National Security up as their torch of freedom?
  • Reply 29 of 494
    Quote:

Where's all the Bushies defending the administration here?

i'm guessing they feel this is indefensable.
  • Reply 30 of 494
    There is no defense.

Now is that time for all those that claim Clinton had a "pattern" of lying and a "pattern" of deception and a "pattern" of avoiding the truth speak up and tell us how what we have heard from Junior over the past 2.5 years is different.

The defense this moring from the Bushie JUNIORS, are "Its not true, we have no reason to believe its true, so we are not going to investigate."

BUSH JR. to America:

"LET THEM EAT YELLOW CAKE"

If this were Clinton, questions would be flying from the WH press core. Guess this puts another nail in the coffin of the whole "liberal media" consiracy..Katie aint asking enough questions!!

Let me get this straight, Republicans called for investigations for decades old land deals and broohaaahaas at travel offices, but they don't want further investigation of the outing of a CIA agenct for politcal REVENGE?

INDEPENDENT COUNSEL NOW.
  • Reply 31 of 494
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    holy motherfecker!

transcript of the press conference today with Scott McClellan.

Gagglepalooza as Josh Marshall describes it.

THE PRESS FINALLY SHOWS ITS TEETH (and bites into a particularly soft Press Secretary)
  • Reply 32 of 494
    I just read it!

I think it can be described as

"White House Press Core Grow Gonads! News at Eleven"

Mother goodness. They raked him threw the COALS.

Its a long read but a must read...

Now we know why Ari left
  • Reply 33 of 494
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

There is no defense.

Now is that time for all those that claim Clinton had a "pattern" of lying and a "pattern" of deception and a "pattern" of avoiding the truth speak up and tell us how what we have heard from Junior over the past 2.5 years is different.

The defense this moring from the Bushie JUNIORS, are "Its not true, we have no reason to believe its true, so we are not going to investigate."

BUSH JR. to America:

"LET THEM EAT YELLOW CAKE"

If this were Clinton, questions would be flying from the WH press core. Guess this puts another nail in the coffin of the whole "liberal media" consiracy..Katie aint asking enough questions!!

Let me get this straight, Republicans called for investigations for decades old land deals and broohaaahaas at travel offices, but they don't want further investigation of the outing of a CIA agenct for politcal REVENGE?

INDEPENDENT COUNSEL NOW.

Yes I've noticed all the die hard supporters of Bush on this board ( well there is Scott but there's always Scott ) have fallen strangely silent ( back under their rock ).

So SDW do still think Bush will win all 50 states?

I'm sorry I don't mean to make light of this situation. But it needs to be made clear for the future how stupid it is to support an administration like Dubbya's. Gore may have been a little lack luster in the personality department but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done things like this. I have know doubt something like this will happen again some day but guys take a step back from your political goal posts and look at what this guy's been doing. Is he really someone you want to support?

Learn from this.

Please.
  • Reply 34 of 494
    on a lighter note...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ksigars25.html

Karlito! hehe...
  • Reply 35 of 494
    Quote:

Originally posted by chu_bakka

on a lighter note...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ksigars25.html

Karlito! hehe...

• Reply 36 of 494
    Media Update:

Bob Novak will address the "leak" issue on Crossfire today on CNN

(this should be interesting)

Joe Wilson will be on Paula Zahn Tonight to talk about the outing of his wife.

BTW it FINALLY hit the CNN front page...
  • Reply 37 of 494
    This should be interesting... how will Bob Novak spin it... and will he still go after Wilson? I wonder if he's talked to his lawyer. Does freedom of the press cover treason?
  • Reply 38 of 494
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes it IS funny how quiet Scott and SDW are.
  • Reply 39 of 494
    I swear, CNN is such total BS. Seriously. McClellan made a total ass of the white house this morning (OK, there's nothing new about this) and showed clearly that they have no intention of holding anyone accountable unless forced, but what does CNN do? They put the nice little whitewashed quotes and make it look like the white house actually cares. How sweet.

And this is on the heels of their little front page story last week about an evil little french man making cards of the Bush admin. Not only is that so 3 months ago, but in their quest to feed the anti-french lemmings they neglected to point out that it was initially done by someone who wasn't french.

Liberal slant.
  • Reply 40 of 494
    Man, Josh is really on a roll:

Quote:

Plame's beat, if we can use that word, was weapons of mass destruction. And, of course, WMD is the big issue. It's why Iraq, why Joe Wilson, why Niger, why CIA referrals. That's what's at the bottom of all this stuff. Keeping WMD out of the wrong hands is, or was, Plame's job.

If that's her job you can figure that over the years she's been involved in various operations aimed at tracking proliferation, worked with various human sources, all sorts of stuff like that.

Now Plame's name has been splashed across papers all over the world. And the folks that leaked her name made sure that they used her maiden name, Plame -- the one she did most of her work under -- rather than Wilson, the name which I'm told she now goes by.

So now her name's out. And now every bad-actor and bad-acting government knows that anything that Plame was involved with, any operation, any company she was supposed to be working for, any people she worked closely with, are probably also CIA or at least work with CIA. WMD bad-guys now know to steer clear of them.

Let's say there's some operation Plame hasn't been involved with for a decade -- but it's still on-going. People will remember she used to be in on that operation and thus it's tagged as an Agency operation and it's useless. Everyone will know to steer clear.

Now, I have no knowledge of any operations Plame was involved in or covers she used. These are hypotheticals. But it gives you a sense of the sort of work she was involved in and the potential collateral damage of exposing her cover. And consider what her work was: protecting Americans from weapons of mass destruction. Chew on that irony.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/sept0304.html#092903319pm

It really is something else, isn't it.