Panther's progress "wheel"

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does it still look like this?

I personally like the 10.0 wheel better...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

Does it still look like this?

I personally like the 10.0 wheel better...

The Aqua blue wait wheel was the nicest, but it disappeared from Jaguar dev builds.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    What was the 10.0 wheel? Someone wanna give a quick history of the Mac OS 10 wait wheel?
  • Reply 3 of 36
    It was smaller, and quite flat in it's appearance. I prefer it too, but it was of course equally annoying.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    You mean that ghetto piece of crap from NEXTStep? It looked like something from System 6. Fugly. That blue BMW wheel was awesome. Some sort of revamped Watch would be cool too.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Off topic but ...

Anyone notice that bug in Safari such that it wont animate both gifs on the web page. I know know know I submitted that one ages ago.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    I think they should just do it KERNEL PANIC style on the screen

and make the message be

****ING WAIT
  • Reply 7 of 36
    I used to use an app that would change your wait curser, At first I had that blue wheel from the dev builds of Jag but I found an even cooler one which was a glossy "Aqua" looking watch.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    How about....no waiting, no wheel.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

I think they should just do it KERNEL PANIC style on the screen

and make the message be

****ING WAIT

Hear hear!

• Reply 10 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Off topic but ...

Anyone notice that bug in Safari such that it wont animate both gifs on the web page. I know know know I submitted that one ages ago.

And it was fixed ages ago in the very first builds of Safari 1.1. Unfortunately, Apple has chosen not to release it yet and is only available with Panther (for the moment).
  • Reply 11 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Off topic but ...

yes. and it bugs the hell out of me. oddly, all the gif's animate on my other computer with panther on it.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

You mean that ghetto piece of crap from NEXTStep? It looked like something from System 6. Fugly. That blue BMW wheel was awesome.

second that. it is still the best from *everything* else i have seen, be it in mighty mouse, blobber, beachball, you name it. and the rainbow wheel is "BDONKA DONK BUTT FUGLY" (courtesy of some MacNN dude), now and then, and will always be.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Can someone show me pics of the sexy blue wheel? I never saw it...
  • Reply 14 of 36
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I think one of those sand timer things would be cool. No one's ever don...wait a minute.

• Reply 15 of 36
    Could we please have the 10.2 wheel, the 10.0 wheel, and the dev. 10.2 wheel posted as gif's next to each other?
  • Reply 16 of 36
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    anyone ever try to erase a cd in diskcopy and see the bizarro wheel? it's no a wait cursor, it's actually in the dialog box asking you to confirm whether you want to erase the disc. it's as if someone took the standard mac os x rainbow wheel into photoshop and hit "invert..." (or is it inverse?)

jesus tapdancin' christ, that is ugly.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

anyone ever try to erase a cd in diskcopy and see the bizarro wheel? it's no a wait cursor, it's actually in the dialog box asking you to confirm whether you want to erase the disc. it's as if someone took the standard mac os x rainbow wheel into photoshop and hit "invert..." (or is it inverse?)

jesus tapdancin' christ, that is ugly.

Now I have:
  • Reply 18 of 36
    The current spinning cursor makes me think "Gay pride" for some reason.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

The current spinning cursor makes me think "Gay pride" for some reason.

That's very progressive of you.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    What I'm waiting for is a White Stripes theme for OS X where the spinning wheel is white and red like a peppermint candy.

Talk about a lickable interface.