*Fixed* 10.2.8 Update from Software Update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Available now from Software Update (580k):

"The 10.2.8 Update (Build 6R73) includes an updated ethernet driver for 450MHz and 500MHz dual processor Power Mac G4 desktop systems and an update to the battery status menu."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Had no problems with the original but loaded this anyway. All OK.
  • Reply 2 of 50
    Wasn't the original much larger?
  • Reply 3 of 50
    sopphodesopphode Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremiah Rich

Wasn't the original much larger?

Its for 6R65 users only. Those with 10.2.6 will get the full 30MB update.
  • Reply 4 of 50
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Actually, the new full 10.2.8 update is 40.6 MB, or so Software Update claims.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    I thinks I'm going to wait a couple days before I install ANOTHER 10.2.8 update.
  • Reply 6 of 50
    I have 10.2.8 from the first release installed, now this new one appears in SU can I install it? Does it just add to what I have?
  • Reply 7 of 50
    Yes it just updates the old 10.2.8 update. I did not have any problems with the original update, and everything works fine with this small additional update.
  • Reply 8 of 50
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I think I'm going to wait for a day...BR, Algol, everyone, how is it?
  • Reply 9 of 50
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    My Dock is no longer transparent after updating Guess it's not fully compatible with TinkerTool
  • Reply 10 of 50
    I think I'm going to wait for a day...BR, Algol, everyone, how is it?
  • Reply 11 of 50
    Wow Safari has stopped loading pages correctly, hence my double post. I'm going to go ahead and install this update, things can't get much worse, right?
  • Reply 12 of 50
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    well it fixed my battery problem... however safari and other programs don't do stuff with cookies I imagine everytime I come to this site i have to login for example...

my battery says its going to last well over 3 hours tho... so I don't mind that too much hehe.

I can't wait till panther comes out tho..
  • Reply 13 of 50
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Anyone with a G5 see it? According to MacMinute and an Apple KB document there is a version for the G5, but I don't see it at all. Also looks like they haven't posted a standalone updater yet.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Wow Safari has stopped loading pages correctly, hence my double post. I'm going to go ahead and install this update, things can't get much worse, right?

That sounds like a problem with the cache. It happens to me all the time here at AI. If you aren't using dial-up, you should disable the cache.
  • Reply 15 of 50
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    No Safari problems for me.
  • Reply 16 of 50
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    so do the G5's actually use this update, or do they stick with 10.2.7?
  • Reply 17 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

so do the G5's actually use this update, or do they stick with 10.2.7?

If you look on MacMinute or VersionTracker you'll see a link to a KB document that tells you all about the special G5 version of 10.2.8 available. But now all you get is the link: if you click on it the document cannot be found, even though I was reading it probably 15 minutes ago. That would explain why it is still in my Software Update.
  • Reply 18 of 50
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    nm, answered my own question.

it doens't.
  • Reply 19 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

nm, answered my own question.

it doens't.

Now it does! The KB doc is back and if you go here and choose to download it, it actually works. Still nothing in Software Update though.

So now I have the update sitting there on my desktop. To install or not to install...
  • Reply 20 of 50
    Wow. Audio STILL ****ING SKIPS though it skips in a "different" way. The skip sounds harsher. can anyone else verify this?

Of course iTunes 4.0.1 by itself still ****ing skips. iTunes 4 is a buggy POS and I can't wait for 5. I mean come on it completely randomly skips! That is not acceptable!

No it's not a cache issue it didn't happen until today.