what's gonna be left for macworld in jan?

Comments

• Reply 81 of 205
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    bring on the G5 updates!

pretty please!
  • Reply 82 of 205
    I think is has to be some new device.

Perhaps one of the many rumors (e.g. Tivo, tablet, phone), or maybe something we haven't thought of.
  • Reply 83 of 205
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I'm guessing software, iTunes and anything related to the music store.

A slight bump to the eMac would be nice, as would seeing a special edition Mac. (Doubtful, but I can dream right?)
  • Reply 84 of 205
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Illuminated keyboard on 12incher and a 30-minute slide show of the Ginza store.
  • Reply 85 of 205
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
  • Reply 86 of 205
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    nice!
  • Reply 87 of 205
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    I'd like to see a "Slab".

Basically, a 15" Aluminum Powerbook without the screen to fit nicely under an HD Cinema Display.

It can be as thick as 2" allowing for the possibility of dual CPUs. Dual DVI out would be cool, too.
  • Reply 88 of 205
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Here is my take:-

G5 -speed bumps sp,dp,dp line up.

G5 iMac3

Price reductions accross the board on the iPod. Apple will have seen rthe competition coming and has to react. Frankly we don't needbigger and bigger HD's in the iPod... Unless we are allowed to rip DVD's for personal use and convere to MPeg4 at say 180x320 that should make the movie pretty small. Then we could have an iPod- video with a small colour screen. There is already a portable device that can do this and I read how to do it in T3 magazine, it was windows centric so did not commit the details to memory!

Possible updates to iApps, iDVD desperatly needs 16*9 support and iPhoto needs a speed boost and it still has a bug with large images in CMYK.
  • Reply 89 of 205
    i'm hoping for a speed bump, so i can finally order my dual g5
  • Reply 90 of 205
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Would like to get a G5

But now I don't even think I can buy it until next summer or later......

I have received a warning from the student loan centre and I have to pay them back $3000 by year end
  • Reply 91 of 205
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

http://www.rhumgod.com/images/xstation1.jpg

Ah, the self-orienting Apple! It's going to need a stand in the vertical position of course...
  • Reply 92 of 205
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Ah, the self-orienting Apple! It's going to need a stand in the vertical position of course...

Yeah just could visualize an Apple in "a stand". Everything I tried looked retarded. Oh well. Either that or a bolt&nut so you can really fasten that sucker down
  • Reply 93 of 205
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

Hopefully iPhoto 3. My iPhoto library has gotten to the point where it's so slow that I can barely use it. I have about 3 Gb worth of photos, which I don't think is that uncommon. And, they need a command to delete photos from the library that aren't in any albums. That would help slim things down.

Photo Pro for $99. A high end digital resource management product. Offer a family of software for digital photography similar to what Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express and iMovie offer for video.
  • Reply 94 of 205
    Well, my boss said I can get a G5 so I'm going to wait till Jan and see if there's an updated model out. If not, I'll jump anyway.

2Ghz G5 low end?
  • Reply 95 of 205
    i'm loving the AI front page news story on dual 2.5's!!!

bring em' on!!!!! i have been saving forever! 8)
  • Reply 96 of 205
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    It would be cool to have a fullsize keyboard built on top.

Kinda like the old apple IIe.
  • Reply 97 of 205
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

yes! yes! yes! yes!
  • Reply 98 of 205
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    We could see:

Powermac G5 speed bump:

2Ghz single

2.2Ghz dual

2.4Ghz dual

Powerbook G5

1.6Ghz and 1.8Ghz models - very expensive above current G4 line (to beat AMD to getting the worlds first 64bit laptop out, first).

Sounds like apple, but it would be difficult to pull off.

Processors used would probably be 2Ghz or higher at highest clock speed, but clocked down to keep power consumtion low - would account for a high cost. I heard that this uses less power than having a slower speed processor clocked at its highest frequency (same speed as 'faster' processor)...?
  • Reply 99 of 205
    That xStation concept just makes me cum... Thats one hell of a gorgeous design.. I would just love to see Apple make more machines like that! (The design)

Oh well, I for one think the cheese-grates looks like s***...
  • Reply 100 of 205
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    The slab, brick, cube concept is a great one. It won't be called xStation though. That's our 3U rackmount render monster. XBox maybe? (doh!)