I Absolutely Love the New iMac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    [quote]Originally posted by spotbug:

<strong>

ROTFLMAO!!!!

I love it! That's the most hilarious thing I've read on these forums in at least a week.

Alright, alright. I know what you meant. You're clearly talking about pure numbers. We all know Apple leads the rest of the industry for, um... well, everything else related to personal computers. It just struck me as totally funny at first reading.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree, but it would be even better if Apple had the Ghz to go along with everything else. If the G4/5 was as fast or faster than Intel/AMD that would allow Apple to focus on other things.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>I totally love it! PERFECT!</strong><hr></blockquote>

It truly is perfect and coming from pscates that is one helluva complement!
  • Reply 43 of 49
    falconfalcon Posts: 458member
    It Rocks pure and simple.

Damn you Apple why must you make such cool and addicting products?
  • Reply 44 of 49
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Personally the new design doesn't do anything for me, but picture this:

A black base, black LCD, and a brass arm instead of chrome. Now thats one cool computer and it wouldn't look like a womans vanity mirror........................
  • Reply 45 of 49
    supersuper Posts: 82member
    Im hoping the high end model has the 7200rpm 60gig drive that is being used in the powermacs. 5400 is too slow.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by steve666:

<strong>Personally the new design doesn't do anything for me, but picture this:

A black base, black LCD, and a brass arm instead of chrome. Now thats one cool computer and it wouldn't look like a womans vanity mirror........................</strong><hr></blockquote>

No it would look MORE like a lamp then
  • Reply 47 of 49
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Haha...EXACTLY! You beat me to it, KidRed!

Or, how about this: oakwood base, brass arm and GREEN LCD enclosure. Then it can be the iPaymaster's Lamp.

Brass? Nah, I don't think so. IMMEDIATELY removes it from the realm of cool steel chrome and into Levitz Furniture showroom.

Ugh!

• Reply 48 of 49
    Hmmm, what's next? The "sofa upholstery" iMac, in avocado and gold?
  • Reply 49 of 49
    I think I'm getting one of these as my first Apple. I currently own:

Pentium II 450, 384 MiB RAM, 20 GiB 7200RPM ATA100 on ATA/33 bus (big waste), SoundBlaster Live MP3, TNT 1 (16MB), VeloCD 24x, 64x CD-ROM generic 10/100 NIC. All in a tower case Painted Midnight blue with an OSHA orange Bezel (trust me, everbody thinks this is a great colour combo)

Anyway, I'm about to abandon this machine for a new one, and the iMac comes along. I have to say it's pretty attractive as a new computer.

It has 3-4x the processing power, 3x the capacity, A really nice combo DVD-R/CD-RW drive, is rock solid digital through and through, and it has a very impressive design, IMO.

I could go for a G4 tower, but I really don't need that power. Besides, if this is nearly as powerful as the full tower, I'll have zero problem running with it.

Oh, and there are a heckuva lot less wires on this bugger.