180 in North Korea? Was Bush Right?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

And here, I beg to differ.

When we are talking about the nazi-holocaust, we are talking about millions and millions killed in death camps - numbers that at least seem to be very far from the body count in NK.

Furthermore, the nazi KZs were designed as death camps, the inmates were not just expendable but destined to be worked to death.

Furthermore, the nazis set out to conquer at least the rest of Europe if not the whole world. NK has show rather little territorial aggression yet.

This is not about belitteling what is going on in NK, I am not an apologist of the regime. But I hate it that people are constantly attaching the most frightening stickers to anything that bugs them.

Like Iraq is not just a military blunder, it has to be a "second vietnam". Iraqi occupation of Kuweit was not just evil, we had to have the stories of babies ripped from incubators. Israeli occupation of the palestine? Genocide, accept no less. Milosevitch? Hitler of the Balkans. Hussein? Dictator AND WoMD AND ready in 15min AND Al Quaida.

This blurs some distinctions and makes it harder to come to rational instead of emotional conclusions. Which is a bad thing when we are talking about war and peace issues.

I just hate this black/white bullshit.

Yea and it's not something I do either but if they have death camps filled with 100s of thousands of people that are worked to death what else can we call it? The only thing holding back North Korea is access to more people.