Tax Tax Tax Tax Tax..

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    I'm right with you except for the abortion and suicide notes. Of course, suicide being illegal is sort of a moot point.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Abortions for all.

Drugs for all.

Genetically modified anything for anyone.

Totally secularize government, removing all religious references from money, mottos, et cetera.

Still love me SDW?

Oh yeah...assisted suicide for all who want it as well! Can't forget that!

And while we're at it...ditch the FDA.

No...but at least we're to issues now.

Abortion should be limited. There are over one million "non-special exception" abortions in this country a year (no rape, incest, danger to the mother, etc).

Drugs should be stopped...but differenty than now. No jail time for users. Manadated rehab programs, prevention programs. Elmininat the DEA completely and put the military on the borders to stop drugs an illegal immigration.

Genetically modified anything? OK...not sure where you are going with that.

And the last one: That's just totally wrong and misguided. The words "Separation of Church and State" never appear in the constitution. The clause is intended to prevent an official religion from being established. It was not intended to remove all religious references froma all public life. The government should not and does not force prayer. It should not establish a religion. However, that doesn't mean someone can't put up a nativity scene in a town square. It doesn't mean the removal of all references to God and a supreme being. In other words, it shouldn;t prevent the free expression of religion...which right now is exactly what's happening.

There was another nation that tried to remove all religion from government and public life. It was called the Soviet Union.

FDA: A bloated org....but a needed one.

Assisted Suicide: I'm not sure of my stand on that yet. I tend to lean against it.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

And the last one: That's just totally wrong and misguided. The words "Separation of Church and State" never appear in the constitution.

I don´t see BR basing his view on what the constitution say but on his political view.

Quote:

There was another nation that tried to remove all religion from government and public life. It was called the Soviet Union.

1) And your argument is?

2) It didn´t remove religion. It replaced one with another.

3) USSR tried to better their infrastructure by building roads, satellites, land lines, rails and so on. Guess you shouldn´t do that either...
  • Reply 44 of 48
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    SDW:

Quote:

The words "Separation of Church and State" never appear in the constitution.

Clever as a lemming.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

2) It didn´t remove religion. It replaced one with another.

Exactly. Atheism is is just as much a religion as anything else. Furthermore, what the USSR did was FORCE it on the population. They outlawed other religion. SDW, this is NOT what I want to do. Everyone is free to worship or not worship whatever the hell they want. The government simply will not be involved in it whatsoever.

USSR: Made Atheism the official state religion.

USA: Should remove all religion from government allowing TOTAL RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.

See the difference? Now stop using that stupid USSR example.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    A Libertarian? Dont they work in libraries?

You guys dont know how good yer got it on taxes, try paying 17.5% on everything you buy!!! Which reminds me Apple for the UK is based in ireland Which means its outside of the UK's tax system, so how come there charging me 17.5%?

This is a global thread aint it?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Abortion should be limited. There are over one million "non-special exception" abortions in this country a year (no rape, incest, danger to the mother, etc).

Yay! Let's go back to coat hangers in back alleys! Let's have MORE single mothers on welfare!

Quote:

Drugs should be stopped...but differenty than now. No jail time for users. Manadated rehab programs, prevention programs. Elmininat the DEA completely and put the military on the borders to stop drugs an illegal immigration.

As long as Alcohol remains legal, it is entirely hypocritical to treat Marijuana and other drugs the way they are now. What a person chooses to ingest is none of the government's business...until that person steps into a car and endangers others. There he would be treated the same as a drunk driver.

A huge chunk of crime in this country comes from the fact that drugs are illegal. Legalize drugs, prices drop like a rock, and it is no longer nearly as profitable to sell it on the streets. Turf wars go bye bye. Dealers killing dealers and innocent bystanders go bye bye. The jail population is cut in half, significantly reducing costs to all states and the feds.

Quote:

Genetically modified anything? OK...not sure where you are going with that.

If someone wants to splice in jellyfish genes so their head glows in the dark, go for it. My body my choice extends way beyond abortion.

Quote:

FDA: A bloated org....but a needed one.

Only keep it around if and only if products that are not FDA approved are still allowed to be sold with a gigantic NOT FDA APPROVED warning label on the front of it and an explanation of why on the back. If someone is dying of cancer or AIDS and the only hope they have is a drug that hasn't been approved by the FDA and they don't meet the specific guidelines for a clinical trial, the FDA tells them "no, you can't use this drug because it might hurt you, even though you already are dying and it may be the only thing that can save you, but oh well we care about your safety too much for you to try any life saving drugs."

Fvck the FDA.

Quote:

Assisted Suicide: I'm not sure of my stand on that yet. I tend to lean against it.

Dr. Kevorkian is my hero.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Tax cuts don't help the Poor and Middle class.

no one thinks they can get screwed by a tax cut... but most of us are... and will be... for a LONG time.

From the lefty pinko magazine... the Economist.

http://www.economist.com/world/na/di...ory_id=2189237

"In its most recent projections, calculated in August 2003, the CBO expects a deficit of $1.4 trillion over the next decade, a huge shift from its estimates of three years ago. But, taken at face value, the fiscal outlook is still relatively benign. Deficits peak next year at 4.3% of GDP and fall gradually thereafter. By 2012 the budget is back in balance. America's debt/GDP ratio, currently at 37%, peaks at 40% in 2005 but is back down to 30% by 2013, far below the levels of many other rich countries.

Yet these official projections, and similar ones by the White House, bear no resemblance to reality. The CBO is forced by law to make extremely implausible assumptions both about taxes and spending. The White House does so because it suits Mr Bush's political purposes. No fiscal expert believes either of them. "

"Making spending more realistic. Budget rules require Congress's official number-crunchers to assume that discretionary spending grows only by the rate of inflation, projected to be an average of 2.7% a year. In fact, the average annual rise in discretionary spending over the past five years has been 7.7%. And according to a CBO analysis, the Bush defence plans imply a 20% real increase in military spending by 2020.

But what is a more realistic figure? The coalition of economic think-tanks last month reckoned that, at a minimum, the ten-year figure for discretionary spending needed to be $600 billion higher. If you take the official figures but assume spending rises in line with nominal GDP growth rather than just inflation, then the deficit rises by $1.6 trillion, once interest costs are included. If the spending patterns of the past five years are continued, the deficit soars by a whopping $3.3 trillion."

"This time the turnaround will be much tougher. There will be no Òpeace dividendÓ from the end of the cold war (indeed, the pressure on military spending may continue to increase). America is unlikely to see another stockmarket bubble, with its surge in tax revenues. As baby-boomers retire, the pressure from entitlement spending will be more acute. Set against this background, the path back to a sustainable fiscal policy will be extremely painful, even without any dramatic fiscal crisis. Long after Dubya is back on his ranch, Americans will be trying to recover from the mess he created. "