chicks with hairy legs...?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 90
    I would ask her to, but if she ever got around to doing it, she would probably pop.
  • Reply 42 of 90
    sexual dimorphism has generally meant that men are hairier than women.

traditionally, the arrival of bodily hair is a signifier of sexual maturity at puberty

hair follicles are the natural wick for a multitude of pheromonal messages that equate to "musk"

removal of such hair seems to be an attempt to mask such signals. why?

so what kind of men shave their body hair?

olympic divers/swimmers/gymnasts.

bodybuilders obsessed with self-image.

pr0n stars who don't want their oral servicer to stop to pick curlies out.

those who desire the prepubescent look.

seems like gaydar pings pretty strongly in those realms.

as for women... fine hair is preferable to stubble for many *uh* close contacts
  • Reply 43 of 90
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I'm basically of the opinion that you should do what you want and just try to prevent the jungle effect. I wouldn't mind if a woman doesn't shave her legs but if she has really hairy legs then maybe I would mind. You know, if she's going for the feminist look. Shaggy legs = no good. Same with the area above the legs... just keep it from turning into a forest, shorten the length with a regular scissors every couple weeks or a month maybe. Not much to ask. I do it. Just keeps things organized and comfortable. You don't want to have to wade through a "bush-fro."
  • Reply 44 of 90
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Well, some of us are lucky enough not to have to shave our legs to fullfil that arbitrary whim of fashion. (Personally I don't like the look of hairy legs on women, and if I had hairy legs I too would shave them, but that's just my own preference, rather unimportant and trivial).

By the way, why shouldn't guys shave *their* legs? After all, if men shave their faces, why not also their legs, or chest? Whats the deal? Or is it because many (most?) men out there are scared of being thought of as "gay" or "effeminate" because they turn out with smooth legs?

I don't believe you. Prove it, because ... hmm ... let's just say... nevermind...

some more reasons why I don't shave my legs:

1) that shit grows back anyway

2) it keeps me warm at night

3) I don't need any more platonic girlfriends

4) that's the only frickin' part of my body that has hair besides my head, groin and poopchute.
  • Reply 45 of 90
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

And they should be barefooted in the kitchen . . .

pregnant

Errrrrm....I think you just pinched Trumptman's lines...
  • Reply 46 of 90
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Women's legs should be shaved. Period.

You are right, and for women ignoring the procedures, Groverat is ready to give lessons . ..
  • Reply 47 of 90
    Just to answer te question, we men shave our faces because it has been somthing that has been done for a LONG time. That is, since the ice age, where a beard was a bad thing, as moisture clings to the beard and freezes. that is why so many of those nordic types don't have much facial or body hair. I don't know why Oriental folks are hairless. Probably has to do with a lack of protein in the diet. (that is, over thousands of years, people with lower protein requirements will survive better in places where there's so little protein in the diet.)

Something just seems weird about a woman with hairy legs and arms and no hair on the chest. When a guy is waking around at the beach, the only ones that look weird are the guys with no chest hair, but with hair elsewhere. . . and of course the ones that have hair patterns that earn them the nickname "Link." But that's an extreme case.

Granted, a woman with hairy, arms, legs, and a hairy chest would be a major turn off. So I guess the balance here is for women to shave.
  • Reply 48 of 90
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Just to answer te question, we men shave our faces because it has been somthing that has been done for a LONG time. That is, since the ice age, where a beard was a bad thing, as moisture clings to the beard and freezes. that is why so many of those nordic types don't have much facial or body hair. I don't know why Oriental folks are hairless. Probably has to do with a lack of protein in the diet. (that is, over thousands of years, people with lower protein requirements will survive better in places where there's so little protein in the diet.)

Something just seems weird about a woman with hairy legs and arms and no hair on the chest. When a guy is waking around at the beach, the only ones that look weird are the guys with no chest hair, but with hair elsewhere. . . and of course the ones that have hair patterns that earn them the nickname "Link." But that's an extreme case.

Granted, a woman with hairy, arms, legs, and a hairy chest would be a major turn off. So I guess the balance here is for women to shave.

Well american indians are hairless, but not so many asians even if there is common roots (while they migrate from asia to america via Berhing). Many chineses have beard.
  • Reply 49 of 90
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

4) that's the only frickin' part of my body that has hair besides my head, groin and poopchute.

Oh, and maybe a few dozen strands in my armpits.
  • Reply 50 of 90
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    SHAVE YOUR POOPCHUTE!
  • Reply 51 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

SHAVE YOUR POOPCHUTE!

• Reply 52 of 90
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I second that motion.

You think leg hair is unattractive? Wait until she spies those lovely dingleberries you've been carrying around all day.

(Although a trim suffices...shaving that area can be tricky at best.)
  • Reply 53 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I second that motion.

You think leg hair is unattractive? Wait until she spies those lovely dingleberries you've been carrying around all day.

(Although a trim suffices...shaving that area can be tricky at best.)

nah. i clean throughly. i use those relatively new butt wipes things, though i suppose i could use pampers baby wipes as well
  • Reply 54 of 90
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

some more reasons why I don't shave my legs:

1) that shit grows back anyway

2) it keeps me warm at night

3) I don't need any more platonic girlfriends

4) that's the only frickin' part of my body that has hair besides my head, groin and poopchute. [/B]

And the dog just ate my homework.

• Reply 55 of 90
    This discussion has gone a very bad way....
  • Reply 56 of 90
    peach fuzz = ok

hairy man legs = no thank you

also no chimp arms please.
  • Reply 57 of 90
    Quote:

Originally posted by AlPanther

peach fuzz = ok

hairy man legs = no thank you

also no chimp arms please.

you must be a female???

my arms are pretty hairy, natures way of keeping my skinny arms warm
  • Reply 58 of 90
    You're a good man, burningwheel. I remember thinking, as I changed a diaper for the first time, "Why the hell do we stop using these things?"

Keep trim and clean. Hygeine is good.
  • Reply 59 of 90
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Too much hygiene is not a god thing and leads slowly to the loss of resistance to illness, bacteria and even to an increase in allergies

besides, the drive towards the lack of hair can be seen in a larger sense as a symptom of the denial of the bodies' animality, the denial of animal sexuality, species detirminism and ultimately the denial of death.

This dynamic can be seen as the root of misogyny in extreme forms as well as the root of culture's forms of cultural expression: attempts to bypass the bodies' inevitable decay and animal loss of egoic control (sexuality and drive to breed) through the sublimation of those drives into ART

I say: Accept the innevitable and learn to love the workings of Mother Earth . . . and, show that you do so by embracing your lovey's hairy bush!!!
  • Reply 60 of 90
    pfflam:

Quote:

Too much hygiene is not a god thing and leads slowly to the loss of resistance to illness, bacteria and even to an increase in allergies

I should eat dog shit. That would build up some mad immunity.

Quote:

besides, the drive towards the lack of hair can be seen in a larger sense as a symptom of the denial of the bodies' animality, the denial of animal sexuality, species detirminism and ultimately the denial of death.

Can it now?

Here I was thinking that it helps with the smells.

There is such a thing as over-analysis and you're about 1,000 miles past the line. Wow.