JFK: Genuine (naive) questions

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    OK, after watching all the assassination shows this weekend, the whole thing about his head flopping back doesn't bother me, but I have another question. The magic bullet theory is that one bullet caused all the injuries on Connelly and Kennedy, right? But if you watch the Zapruder film, it seems very clear that he puts his hands up to his throat, and Jackie turns to him and Connelly turns around like something is wrong, a few seconds before he's hit in the head.

[edit]Here's one quicktime of Zapruder. I'm sure there are much better ones, but I found this quickly.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

OK, after watching all the assassination shows this weekend, the whole thing about his head flopping back doesn't bother me, but I have another question. The magic bullet theory is that one bullet caused all the injuries on Connelly and Kennedy, right? But if you watch the Zapruder film, it seems very clear that he puts his hands up to his throat, and Jackie turns to him and Connelly turns around like something is wrong, a few seconds before he's hit in the head.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying that Connelly's (re)actions don't appear to you to be that of a man who was just shot?

That ABCNews special where the Zapruder film and other films of the events surrounding the assassination became source materials for a computer-animated timeline of the assassination was quite fascinating. Did you see this one?
  • Reply 63 of 64
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Did you see the Peter Jennings special?

It clearly showed that there was no magic bullet and that Oliver Stone's "artistic license" regarding the path of that bullet was completely inaccurate.

After seeing the ABC News Special, it really seems to me that Oswald acted alone. The evidence is overwhelming.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Cake and LuddyVan:

I didn't see the Jennings show.

All I'm saying is that simply from the film it seems really clear that he was shot twice. It's easy to see when he was hit in the head. But a few seconds before that, he brings his hands up to his throat. It seems obvious from the film that he was hit once in the throat, and then hit in the head later.

[edit]OK, nevermind. I guess even the magic bullet theory says that there were two separate shots: one in Kennedy's throat and into Connely, and then a second one in Kennedy's head. There was also a third bullet that missed completely.

http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Bullet_Theory