just got my 1.25 ghz 15" powerbook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So far....sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I got the standard model with a combo drive instead of a super-drive.

No white spots, no dead pixels, latch works fine....so far, so good.

I hope that it stays this way.

I have been using a TiBook(1 ghz) for the past month, and so far, everything about this Alubook is so nice, the whole thing FEELS A LOT tougher and rigid.

Airport reception is great all over the apartment(can't say the same for the tibook)

so, here's my fingeres crossed, knock on aluminum that I won't have any issues that I can't live with.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    by making that post you just jinxed yourself!

good to hear a positive story. i'm drooling over them. kind of put my 667 tibook to shame.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

by making that post you just jinxed yourself!

good to hear a positive story. i'm drooling over them. kind of put my 667 tibook to shame.

Holy shit, batman! a-nut made a positive post!

I sort of lusting after a 15" AlBook myself. This 12" pb will have to tide me over til next year when I have a real job. I'm not complaining.... I love this computer.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I edited his post. It originally said "you jinxed yourself you stupid bastard".

And the smiley?

Mine too.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    $$$$ YOU ALL

:-)

message edited by murbot
  • Reply 5 of 28
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    applenut, you really need to get out of CA. You've been one grumpy sumbitch since you left NY.

I know, I know: "f*** you, pscates...". Yeah, yeah, yeah...

• Reply 6 of 28
    DRINK POISON
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

applenut, you really need to get out of CA. You've been one grumpy sumbitch since you left NY.

since leaving NY??? i think he was just as bad before, if not worse...
  • Reply 8 of 28
    YANKEES ARE THE IDEAL SPORTS TEAM
  • Reply 9 of 28
    Quote:

YANKEES ARE THE IDEAL SPORTS TEAM

you're not allowed to root for the yankees anymore. it's either the Giants or the As. if the yanks had either of their GMs, they'd actually win the Series, and with alot less wasted money.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

you're not allowed to root for the yankees anymore. it's either the Giants or the As. if the yanks had either of their GMs, they'd actually win the Series, and with alot less wasted money.

this is about to get ugly
  • Reply 11 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cosmo

this is about to get ugly

naa. anut has no good response, so there's no reason for it to get ugly. he can't be "right" until the yankees win the series with their insanely bloated salary. and now that they have sheff, there's no excuse for not winning...

except for them bosox.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    nnnneeeewwaaayyy....

Congrats Wrong Robust. I hope you enjoy it. Why not the superdrive, btw?
  • Reply 13 of 28
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I'm not gonna even contribute to this thread, but I'm pulling on the ol' asbestos suit just the same.

*crouches down and waits for the sound of applenuts thundering gait*
  • Reply 14 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I'm not gonna even contribute to this thread, but I'm pulling on the ol' asbestos suit just the same.

*crouches down and waits for the sound of applenuts thundering gait*

he'll just bitch and spout useless nonsense with no facts or significant contributions to the argument. maybe he'll throw a fit and ban me for a day to "keep me in my place" for naysaying the yanks.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Jeez. I thought Berkeley messed up my attitude.

I'm better now.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lansave

nnnneeeewwaaayyy....

Congrats Wrong Robust. I hope you enjoy it. Why not the superdrive, btw?

I don't need a super drive, I figure if I DO end needing it, I'll get an 8x firewire 800 drive when they become available

and if I only need it every once in a while, I use my friend's tibook 1x dvd-r
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by _ alliance _

yes, because both the As and the Giants have been soooo successful winning the Series.

Sheffield sucks.

Bosox can have Schilling. They just got another rocket.... maybe he'll choke in the playoffs for Boston like clemens did as well.

God bless Steinbrenner, the bestest owner in the whole wide world.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    Quote:

yes, because both the As and the Giants have been soooo successful winning the Series.

Sheffield sucks.

Bosox can have Schilling. They just got another rocket.... maybe he'll choke in the playoffs for Boston like clemens did as well.

God bless Steinbrenner, the bestest owner in the whole wide world.

you so funny.

still in a state of denial, i see...
  • Reply 19 of 28
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I don't need a super drive, I figure if I DO end needing it, I'll get an 8x firewire 800 drive when they become available

and if I only need it every once in a while, I use my friend's tibook 1x dvd-r

I'm with you, i bought a 1ghz 15" AlBook as soon as they came out. I went with the stock config. I don't need to burn DVDs much and there is a SuperDrive iMac at home. I use it to backup data whenever i'm at home (around once a month). If i do need to burn more DVDs, i will look into external solutions (8x or more as mentioned before). Saved the money on superdrive and bought more ram, and JBL creature (bluetooth KB is in the mail, but that was a bday gift).

Superdrive would be nice, but for me it wasn't necessisary.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Uh, yeah. AppleOutsider is over that way, guys.

Congrats on the machine, man. Get some pics in the setup thread pronto.