How do you pick a screen name?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    Mine is stupid and unoriginal.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Mine is a variant I had of a nick I dreamed up for a UMass bulletin board when I was 16. Everyone had a strange nick, so I chose one too. When I got to college, I was asked to choose a unique short name, and that's when the handle really stuck. I've outgrown it, but I have to admit that it's still useful as an account name, just because there are so many people with names like my real name (James Robinson) that it's easier and less hassle to keep registering with the nick. ("That name has already been taken. Try JRo23423895723".)

I stick my real name in my signature, though. If I have to post pseudonymously, I'll at least make sure that I'm not posting anonymously as well.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    my original screen name, not to be divulged here, was my name. i pissed some people off, and they bugged me to no end, so i changed it; replacing several letters with numbers. that one lasted awhile until spam became a problem again. note, these spam incidents predated the term 'spam', with regards to email. it wsa just more email than i cared to read, so i figured, instead of being efficient and deleting these messages, i could create a whole new account.

i grew fearful of the government, for reasons not to be expressed (well, if your really interested: it involves two hamburgers, a rotary phone, and what is sometimes described as a "black" box). so, in my fear, i decided to change again. this time i picked a nick which appropriately described my then evil occupation. during that name's tenure, which continues to this day, i've come up with several characters which i call myself: real names, fictious names, nonsensical jumbles of letters, twists and plays on phrases/words. one in particular came when i got into an incident at school. an administrator sent me a letter telling me what a bad person i was and all, and signed it "Management." i thought "how funny". so for a week, i signed my emails "the Management". It didn't take too long for me to misspell it, and come up with "the mangement", and eventually "mange". I found this misspelling quite compelling, so i retooled "the" into "tHuh".

after some time, i realized how odd i was; everyone kept asking me, "what the hell are you on?" or "get away from me, you freak". That last one I took to heart. And thence, "thuh Freak". Sometimes i pull the space out (spaces are best reserved for sent ences). i met another "freak" on another board, so i fear my name is losing its unique edj. i'll try to come up with something new soon.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    thuh Freak, if you ever change your name here, make sure you tell us. I enjoy your posts (however incoherent they are from time to time ).
  • Reply 45 of 46
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

thuh Freak, if you ever change your name here, make sure you tell us. I enjoy your posts (however incoherent they are from time to time ).

A thuh Freak by any other name would write as... sweet.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    i think im having a drug flashback even though i never did drugs really. i swear we had this topic a long time ago and i swear i'm reading the same answers.

mine is song by Primal Scream