Apple's Most Successful Retail Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    i was gonna mention TMbG, but i'd rather keep it to myself.

last christmas when i was shopping on a particularly cold and brutally windy day i was waiting at the light to cross michigan avenue, to my left was jerry springer. i said "hey jerry. cold huh?" to which he replied "windy too".
  • Reply 22 of 32
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I was in the Atlanta store this past Saturday and they were reloading the iPod reserves behind the front counter...it was about 11:30am and the guy at the register said it was the third time that they'd reloaded it that morning! Atlanta is hot on Chi-town's heels for the spot....we just gotta be.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

chicago ****ing sucks. but the pizza is alright

I paid $40 for a pizza in Chicago last week. Damn fine print! Oh well, my friend who I was visiting there bought an iBook yesterday from the very store in discussion.

I am, however, partial to New York.

Although Harrison Ford is from Chicago...
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

Constantinople was originally Byzantium.

just thought i'd throw that in.

also "windy city" is a term a New York newspaper gave to Chicago and it doesn't refer to the weather.

Incorrect. Byzantium was the empire, Constantinople was the town.

Roman emperor Constantine founded it and named it after himself while there was still a Roman Empire. (circa 330AD) So Byantium didn't really exist until 600 or so.

I don't like NYC. I've never been to Chicago, but it has to be pretty lousy to be worse than NYC.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I believe he was quoting a They Might Be Giants song.

Remake. Originally by The Four Lads if I'm not mistaken.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    N Mich Ave rules ..

Ginza must be making a lot too. (beating the nr 1 in 40 days won't be easy,..) .. and LA must have far too many stores to make any of them be nr 1 ..
  • Reply 27 of 32
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Oh wait that article was in chicago sun-times?? pfft..
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Incorrect. Byzantium was the empire, Constantinople was the town.

Roman emperor Constantine founded it and named it after himself while there was still a Roman Empire. (circa 330AD) So Byantium didn't really exist until 600 or so.

I don't like NYC. I've never been to Chicago, but it has to be pretty lousy to be worse than NYC.

byzatine was the empire, byzantium was a city, you can look it up pilgrim.

Quote:

byzantine

\\By*zan"tine\\ (b[i^]*z[a^]n"t[i^]n), a. Of or pertaining to Byzantium. -- n. A native or inhabitant of Byzantium, now Constantinople; sometimes, applied to an inhabitant of the modern city of Constantinople. [ Written also Bizantine.]

B

don't doubt karatemonkey!
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Yes, his monkey strong bowels are girded with strength like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo... dung.

For real.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    well done drewprops!

The monkey clown horrible karate round and yummy like cute small baby chick would beat the donkey.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Remake. Originally by The Four Lads if I'm not mistaken.

Yep. Used to hear it on Dr. Demento
  • Reply 32 of 32
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    dredging up old threads is fun when you haven't visited AI in 6 months or so...

That said, the North Michigan Ave (NMA) store may be the highest trafficked but the SoHo store is by far the engine of apple retail as far as sales. I know this for a fact. Just have to stick up for home.

It'll be interesting to see how the San Fran store fares.

Overall Apple Retail is rocking! But NO ONE touches the SoHo store. They've even added a whole other set of registers up stairs next to the genius bar and the lines are still 100 feet long (at both sets of registers)!