rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

... I want my $50k!

Check is in the mail.
  • Reply 42 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

I will pay you $50,000 if you can in any way tell me what this has to do with the earthquake.

If you want to be the resident thread topic fascist you can start with the post I was replying to and Scott's attempts at rewriting the history of Iranian-American relations through sarcasm.

Jeez, why the hell has everyone been acting so pissy in the forum for the last week? So much for christmas spirit.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    fascist?

hahaha
  • Reply 44 of 57
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    As always the US is sending experts and aid. The same experts that helped to dig out the WTC.

So did Bush pass this manufactured test?
  • Reply 45 of 57
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

As always the US is sending experts and aid. The same experts that helped to dig out the WTC.

I demand a source.

• Reply 46 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I demand a source.

I hate to say it but I just saw it on Fox News.
  • Reply 47 of 57
    Here's a CNN link

U.S. airlifting disaster aid into Iran

Quote:

First flights since failed hostage-rescue raid in 1980

Saturday, December 27, 2003 Posted: 6:24 PM EST (2324 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- To offer assistance to Iranian earthquake victims, the United States will send its first military flights into the country since an elite force tried to rescue U.S. hostages in April 1980.

My father used to be stationed in Iran. I have some old 8mm movies from Iran that he took.
  • Reply 48 of 57
    Well this is great news. Let's hope both governments are very cordial about it publicly.
  • Reply 49 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Will you ever do the right thing Bush Administration?

• Reply 50 of 57
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

How about we bet off the whole Bush thing and think about what we as citizens can do to help?

Why leave it to the politicians? Go give money to the Red Cross. I don't need any politician doing "good deeds" in my name. I can do that on my own.

One of the first things that have made sense in AO in a while.

Bravo
  • Reply 51 of 57
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    The US is the current superpower. Yeah, I know that is obvious.

Being such, we are asked to solve every problem in the world. Then when we can't or won't, we are hated and despised, often from within.

The liberal minded among us, would have us skip willy-nilly through the earth spreading good will (read $$), not really solving much.

Will we offer help? Of course. Will we still attack that country if they threaten us? Of course.

Here is the backbreaker: Will they go back to hating us once the humanitarian mission is over? Of course.

Will democrats continue to demonize bush and his admin when this is forgotten (read tomorrow)? Of course. Will you hear any of the democrat leaders praise bush for helping our haters? Highly doubtful.

My point is: How can we stop other peoples from hating us when we can't even get our own people to stop hating us.
  • Reply 52 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

My point is: How can we stop other peoples from hating us when we can't even get our own people to stop hating us.

If we stop acting like assholes people might stop being upset at all.
  • Reply 53 of 57
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

So did Bush pass this manufactured test?

A) It's not a manufactured test, it's understood (by everyone but you apparently) that there was only one correct course of action... B)Yes, we passed and I'm glad for it. Had we not passed it would have been an abomination [snip].

PSGAMER: Go back and read my first post again. If you're going to quote me I'd appreciate it if you'd NOT fabricate parts of the quote. I never asked "Will you EVER do the right thing?". If your intention was to ask the same (as a contrast to what I asked), then please say that so it doesn't reflect poorly on me.
  • Reply 54 of 57
    So, like, was that praise for the Bush Administration?
  • Reply 55 of 57
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I´ll praise the action.
  • Reply 56 of 57
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I am giving them credit for doing the right thing, no more no less. I am not "out to get" the Bush Administration. I personally do not have a lot of faith in said administration and will likely be voting Democrat come the election (especially if it's Clark or one of the more moderate candidates going against Bush)... but I don't bash them for the sake of doing so, if that's what you're implying.

It's fairly uncommon that I even get involved in any of these political disputes revolving around our current executive, except where Israeli policy is concerned generally. Even then I tend to focus more on Israel than our own government....

*shrug* Think what you will.
  • Reply 57 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

A) It's not a manufactured test, it's understood (by everyone but you apparently) that there was only one correct course of action... B)Yes, we passed and I'm glad for it. Had we not passed it would have been an abomination [snip].

Yes it is a manufactured test. It?s artificial to view every world disaster as a test of the US response.