Chevy : 10 NEW Vehicles in 2004

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The ad campaign has begun.

Interesting that the SSR roadster/truck/coupe gets the anchor spot in the car carrier ad spot that Chevy just started running. The new Corvette is in there too, but the SSR gets the WOW spot in the ad.

Here's a LINK to the SSR photo gallery.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 76
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    I'm unimpressed. It looks like a Little Tykes vehicle.

Quasi-SUV + retro styling = instant hit!
  • Reply 2 of 76
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

I'm unimpressed. It looks like a Little Tykes vehicle.

Quasi-SUV + retro styling = instant hit!

I walked up to one in person at my local Chevy place and it is VERY COOL

8)

Fellows
  • Reply 3 of 76
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    They're still Chevys
  • Reply 4 of 76
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

They're still Chevys

you're point?
  • Reply 5 of 76
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Chevy products are inferior to Honda and Toyota.
  • Reply 6 of 76
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Chevy products are inferior to Honda and Toyota.

You've never owned a Corvette, have you?
  • Reply 7 of 76
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Speaking of Corvette, go to the Chevrolet website and they have a 2 minute version of the commercial (directed by Michael Bay). The first 30 seconds focuses on the new 'vette -- quite an awesome piece of machinery!! I think they finally let the designers go a little too far, but in a good way. It still has the C5 charm, but the euro "sports hotrod" aspects are undeniable. Coming to a car show near most people this spring, too!!!

Cheers!
  • Reply 8 of 76
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Looks like Chevy got bit by Retro Futurism.
  • Reply 9 of 76
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

maybe he's comfortable with the size of his manhood.
  • Reply 10 of 76
    hehehe, it IS a chevy. But don't forget Nissan! And I guess those that want a reason... 9 years Ward Motors best pick engine. Nissan Z, and the newly redesigned Nissan Maxima, which features chairs that slide and face you when you open the door, automatic window shades, climate control for both front and back passenger, saving your positions so that your spouse can drive the car (when you get back, the chairs, mirrors and steering wheels move back into place), sunroofs for both back and front, and the Nissan Z engine.

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/CurrentVehicleLineup

Almost every nissan car gets top notch reports from Consumer Reports, and most also get picked for best used car picks.

OoOoO new dash and heated seats? and steering wheel?

Comfortably seats 4

Looks cool doesn't it?

Sunroofs for everyone!
  • Reply 11 of 76
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Jay, why you spend all that time pimping Nissans in a thread about Chevys? Silly Number One.
  • Reply 12 of 76
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JimDreamworx

You've never driven an S2000 have you? What an amazing machine. Granted, it won't keep up with a vette, speed isn't what it's all about. No question that Chevys suck royally compared to Hondas/Toyotas.
  • Reply 13 of 76
    I personally am not too excited about the SSR, what is it supposed to be? A car? A truck? It's just another Chevrolet bastardization. If they wouldn't have let the Camaro get stale they could have lived off the success of that.

This is a rendition by a California Automotive Design student Kris Horton, when I saw this image run in the September issue of PHR I had to change my pants. The odds of GM building this car are slim, so I may just fabricate it myself.

Link: http://popularhotrodding.com/feature...Fifth_Reloaded
  • Reply 14 of 76
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Jay, why you spend all that time pimping Nissans in a thread about Chevys? Silly Number One.

seriously I don't know hahahahaha. one of our friends bought a brand new chevy... in one day the bumper fell off... hahahah
  • Reply 15 of 76
    geeks are funny when they talk about cars.

Guess they think it makes up for their lack of a social life and other "shortcomings."
  • Reply 16 of 76
    the inspiration is still better

• Reply 17 of 76
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Heck Yeah!!

That's what I'M talkin' about!

I'd trade in one of my rice-burners if I could have an old-time SuperSport! Yeah c'mon!
  • Reply 18 of 76
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

maybe he's comfortable with the size of his manhood.

If we're going to generalize, the manhood problem occurs only with people who buy over-priced European sportscars.

• Reply 19 of 76
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

You've never driven an S2000 have you? What an amazing machine. Granted, it won't keep up with a vette, speed isn't what it's all about. No question that Chevys suck royally compared to Hondas/Toyotas.

You're alluding to nimbleness and you use the S2000 as an example? Curb weight on the S2000 isn't that great, you know. It's a 2835 pound two-seater, Jebus. I'm not a fan of the Corvette, but you can't just grab the big brush and go "Toyota and Honda rule Chevy, man." That just makes you look foolish.

The SSR ... also not a fan. I didn't like it the minute I saw it. It looks like Chevy's saw Chrysler's PT Cruiser and said, "Hey, we can try to do one of those." It just doesn't look right.

The least offensive car in that commercial is probably the new Malibu (and Malibu Maxx)

--

Scott, there's nothing wrong with "Retro-Futurism." The Ford GT is a perfect example of this. Body lines don't have to be new to be good.
  • Reply 20 of 76
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I'd call the Ford GT straight "retro" and drop the futurism altogether, at least as far as styling goes. The tech side of it -- the whole mechanical package and frame extrusions, assembly etc etc -- is modern and up-to-date.

Love the shape, but a slight size increase and mild detail changes do not equal "futurism" so much as nostalgia.

I woul think that retro-futurism would require more emphasis on developing a simultaneously futuristic and retro package? But maybe not. The styling details of the Ford are nicely (if very mildly) updated, and it is modern tech underneath... seems a bit of an oversize replica though.