NY POST Editorial DEAN = NAZIS

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I wonder if Gillespie will be complaining about this editorial on CNN tonight too?

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...nists/4965.htm

"But Howard Dean and his Deanie-weenies do all they can to restrict the free speech of others. I can predict with certainty that Dean's Internet Gestapo will pounce on this column, twisting the facts and vilifying the writer, just as they do when anyone challenges Howard the Coward."

"These are the techniques employed by Hitler's Brownshirts. Had Goebbels enjoyed access to the internet, he would have used the same swarm tactics as Dean's Flannelshirts."

THIS IS IN A NEWSPAPER... APPROVED BY EDITORS...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    psssst...look up!

IB...well, you know the other letter!
  • Reply 2 of 36
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    well this is redundant now...

CLOSE IT!
  • Reply 3 of 36
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The NY Post is the worst excuse for a paper ever. I thought everyone knew that?
  • Reply 4 of 36
    Apparantly some don't get it.

Fox News is the worse news channel ever too.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Jesus ****, people make similarities to Hitler and the Nazi's so easily.. but they just aren't true!
  • Reply 6 of 36
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Attacks like that make me wonder if I should throw my support to Dean. I mean if the right hate him that much maybe he's not all bad. Also please note that the NY Post should be read for entertainment purposes only.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

Jesus ****, people make similarities to Hitler and the Nazi's so easily.. but they just aren't true!

That's right. And it's bad. Because if people can't stop comparing Hitler to let's say Bush or Dean or anyone else, they'll start thinking that Hitler was not such a bad guy.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    You fools. Don't you know it's OK for us Republicans to post/publish that crap??? Pinko commie libs!! You just don't get it!!

That editorial is almost unbelievable. I'd expect **** like that from a geocities website or something. But a newspaper??

Not surprising coming from a publication owned by Murdoch though.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

Attacks like that make me wonder if I should throw my support to Dean. I mean if the right hate him that much maybe he's not all bad. Also please note that the NY Post should be read for entertainment purposes only.

What you should understand though is three quarters of that column is just repetition of the attacks Dean has taken from the LEFT. Dean is literally splitting the Democratic party right now. He considers the DLC Democrats to be Republican-lite for example.

It will be interesting to see if he can unite the base after feuding with elements of it for so long.

Nick
  • Reply 10 of 36
    I don't think Dean is splitting anything.

He's not running as any form of traditional democrat.

He says he's fiscally conservative and socially liberal. He's been running against the president all along...

it's the other democrats that are running against him.

Most of the other candidates are running on a "I'm more qualified" position... but have put up such a weak fight against the president in D.C. that it's hard for alot of democrats to believe that they are any more qualified than Dean.

The DLC is irrelevant because Dean has tapped into the democratic base's gut reaction to Bush and his policies... they see Bush as pulling the country further to the right than his father ever did. I don't think most Democrats would have any problem voting for Dean if he's the nominee... your first job is to appeal to the base of your party... the second is to form a general election appeal that sways swing voters. Which is something Dean will need to really hone to win.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Will Gillespie make the rounds on this one?

Fresh off his successful whine-a-thon over two fringe Nazi-themed ads on MoveOn, RNC Chair Ed Gillespie has suddenly become a voice for reason, moderation, and inclusiveness. Right? So I expect him to promptly hit the cable circuit to speak out against this craziness:

Quote:

The Rev. Fred Phelps wants his message on homosexuality ever-present in Topeka's Gage Park and memorialized on a park bench.

Phelps sent Rogers Brazier, director of Parks and Recreation of Topeka, a $250 check and the memorial message he wants on the park bench. He wants it to read: "Matt Shepard in Hell. He Defied God's Law."

He called the right to have a memorial park bench a "preaching opportunity."

"That's a memorial, and it is most appropriate," Phelps said Monday. "It's a message, of course, we have borne all over the United States for almost 13 years now." [...]

He said he also plans to put up a memorial in the same area that is similar to the one he proposed be erected in a park in Casper, Wyo. That proposed monument is 6 feet tall, made of granite and reads: "Matthew Shepard entered hell Oct. 12, 1998 at age 21 in defiance of God's Warning: 'Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is abomination.' Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13."

So, Ed, when can we expect you on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox?

From the Daily KOS
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

It will be interesting to see if he can unite the base after feuding with elements of it for so long.

He won't need to...the possibility of his getting rid of the current admin will do it for him.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Yet another conservative decides it?s Ok to go to the Hitler analogy; the problem this time: taxes .
  • Reply 14 of 36
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    So you all were upset when Bush was "called" an Nazi months and months ago right?

Oh wait now we all "know" he is one.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    By who? Who's been calling Bush a nazi?

Chickenhawk maybe.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    The real nazis. The german (defense minister if I remember) said Bush was using "Nazi like tactics" in the run up to the Iraqi Liberation.

Outraged?
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Yup. Low blow... even coming from a german.

And I think plenty of columnists on both sides took him to task for it.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    I don't remember that. In fact when they, journalists, site a reason for bad relations between Bush and Germans they always fail to mention the comment and instead site germany's opposition to the liberation.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    I specifically remembering it being pointed out that he

ran on a very "anti-american" platform during the heat of the anti-war movement. And that he used the Hitler rhetoric.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    which has since been forgotten by the media.