iPod Mini Advertisements?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
with the sales of the new mini so "large and in charge" is apple even going to bother buying ad-space for them or not
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 28
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    You don't need a seperate ad.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Placebo

    You don't need a seperate ad.



    no i mean are they even going to mention them in a TV spot or something of the sort?
  • Reply 3 of 28
    What they should to is hire mini-me and MJ back, have mini-me hold the big iPod, and have MH have the minIpod, like the powerbook commercials
  • Reply 4 of 28
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by psgamer0921

    What they should to is hire mini-me and MJ back, have mini-me hold the big iPod, and have MH have the minIpod, like the powerbook commercials



    dell or some PC computer did that when they came out with 12" and 17" laptops. sorry... it was vern troyer and yao ming
  • Reply 5 of 28
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I think it was Apple that did that
  • Reply 6 of 28
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by PS5533

    dell or some PC computer did that when they came out with 12" and 17" laptops. sorry... it was vern troyer and yao ming



    Umm, it was Apple man. Get it right.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Scott

    I think it was Apple that did that



    It was, you can find the ad somewhere on the net, maybe even on apple.com. I think it would be dumb to not tout the mini as something different, just because they are at the top of sales in the Apple Store doesn't mean everything. They need to make sure people know about this thing.



    Note: In the future, stuff like this should be in DH.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    I think you'll see a completely different kind of ad campaign for the mini. Lot's of beautiful people (gals and guys), running, sweating and enjoying their iPod mini's. We'll see next month.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

    I think you'll see a completely different kind of ad campaign for the mini. Lot's of beautiful people (gals and guys), running, sweating and enjoying their iPod mini's. We'll see next month.



    what makes you think that this is the kind of ad they will have
  • Reply 11 of 28
    Well. All those colors seem to make a fashion statement. Apple is also offering an arm band (something they don't for the iPod).



    Actually, I don't know what demographic Apple will be going after for the mini. But I doubt it will be the same as the iPod. The mini's are more appealing to women I think.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    slimmer
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Quote:

    Originally posted by PS5533

    slimmer



    hehe



    u know it
  • Reply 14 of 28
    I bought one, I think its the demographic of people that want to spend no more than 230(education)-250 for an MP3 player.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    Editing title accordingly...
  • Reply 16 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    For now there's no reason to advertise the iPod mini on TV. It's not even going to be out for another 2+ weeks.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    OK, I'm confused. Didn't anyone actually watch the iPod mini advertisement after the keynote speech? Apple has one, it just hasn't aired yet. I'm guessing apple is saving it until the iPod mini's actually start shipping.



  • Reply 18 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Ebby

    OK, I'm confused. Didn't anyone actually watch the iPod mini advertisement after the keynote speech? Apple has one, it just hasn't aired yet. I'm guessing apple is saving it until the iPod mini's actually start shipping.







    Go back and watch the stream. That is not an ad.



    It's a slideshow made up of frames from the regular iPod ads and press photos of the iPod mini.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,657member
    Apple always has more column inches than the PC manufacturers. The iPod mini has been greatly advertised by the press in the UK. I even heard radio 4 having a discussion with a Mac man about the UK pricing! Apple have made ads for the iPod mini, it will prb start with the Pepsi competition. \
  • Reply 20 of 28
    Pepsi reportedly is going to give away some standard iPods not the mini during the iTunes promotion. A company that makes "skins" for the iPod reported they made 800 of 'em (with the Pepsi logo) for Apple. We'll see.
Sign In or Register to comment.