We need appleinsider tshirts!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i was over at ipodlounge.com, and they have cool tshirts for sale, and i think it'd be neat to have AI shirts. i'm pretty spymac is going to introduce some too. there can never be too many apple tshirts!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    We need a design.
  • Reply 2 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

We need a design.

i've actually been working on an AI shirt cuz i didn't see one here, looks like crap right now, but i'll let you know when i finish
  • Reply 3 of 48
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    And don't leave us Europeans out of buying one (ipodlounge.com won't ship to Europe)
  • Reply 4 of 48
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Hasn't there been about a year-long "T-shirt adventure" at AI? Weren't we talking about this a long, long time ago and there was a thread-based voting process? I thought there WAS a T-shirt!

If not, then how long does it take for one to come to be?

Just to HAVE one and be done with it, couldn't a gray AppleInsider logo be slapped on a white T-shirt and sell 'em already? I'd already have one or two. I'm sure others would too.

Is the whole "getting cute and design-y with it" process holding it all up? I wouldn't mind the AI logo small on the left chest and perhaps some one-sentence slogan (or even "CONFIRMED!!!") on the back. Or vice versa.

In any case, yeah it would be pretty cool. Lots of sites less cool than this one have them.

• Reply 5 of 48
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Hasn't there been about a year-long "T-shirt adventure" at AI? Weren't we talking about this a long, long time ago and there was a thread-based voting process? I thought there WAS a T-shirt!

We never got a design. I'm not even sure if we got a single submission.

Quote:

If not, then how long does it take for one to come to be?

We need a design.

Quote:

Just to HAVE one and be done with it, couldn't a gray AppleInsider logo be slapped on a white T-shirt and sell 'em already? I'd already have one or two. I'm sure others would too.

It might come to that, given the dearth of submissions.

Not that I'm hinting or anything.

• Reply 6 of 48
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    So, what about the design before the great blackout? The scull & crossbones thingy. Or was that just on the button I got from Macworld?
  • Reply 7 of 48
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

We never got a design. I'm not even sure if we got a single submission.

We need a design.

Surely you jest.

Don't want to toot my own horn but, I still like my design.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...0&pagenumber=1

I know I could easily print up 100 or so at a local screen printing shop I've used in the past...but not sure if I want to handle all the transactions etc...
  • Reply 8 of 48
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    we need a slogan to put on shirt.

I would pick "CONFIRMED!"
  • Reply 9 of 48
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up the joint. Long-timers here will get it, newbies can learn it and it's short, snappy and has a tinge of "if you don't know, you won't get it" to it that makes for a nice, one-word zinger.

All-caps and three exclamation points are a must.

If there has ever been one word that reflects all that is AppleInsider...

• Reply 10 of 48
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    If people are actually interested, I would be willing to help out with getting the shirts printed and shipped out.

Maybe we can set up a temporary form for those that are interested, so that we can know what would be a realistic run of shirts.

Let me know what you guys think about the idea.
  • Reply 11 of 48
    i like the sound of CONFIRMED!!!
  • Reply 12 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i like the sound of CONFIRMED!!!

Ok, time for someone to explain the history behind this. I've been lurking here for a year, so I for one am relatively new to AI and don't know the whole story. What's the background of CONFIRMED!!!?
  • Reply 13 of 48
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    If we could get a t-shirt with "Confirmed!" on the front and the "Removed at the request of Apple Legal" on the back, I'd buy one in a snap.

Combine Satchmo and Ti Fighter's designs?
  • Reply 14 of 48
    i liek satchmo's, except on the front a plain white apple logo would be sweet...
  • Reply 15 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

If we could get a t-shirt with "Confirmed!" on the front and the "Removed at the request of Apple Legal" on the back, I'd buy one in a snap.

Good idea
  • Reply 16 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebulous

Ok, time for someone to explain the history behind this. I've been lurking here for a year, so I for one am relatively new to AI and don't know the whole story. What's the background of CONFIRMED!!!?

Here's a start:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/searc...der=descending

In short, lots of idiots posted threads with CONFIRMED!! in the thread titles (usually in Future Hardware) when they think they have some rumor about some device. Vague? You betcha. Everyone who thought they had any semblance of a "lead" (even if it was just from another rumor site) posted something as it was CONFIRMED.

Heh. Now I remember why I visit Future Hardware even less than AppleOutsider.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    Hey Brad

At least my "Confirmed! I am going to Denmark/Scandinavia" thing was/is legit
  • Reply 18 of 48
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I actually wouldn't mind a plain AppleInsider logo, maybe the four-rings design, plus a simple www.appleinsider.com on the back.

Barto
  • Reply 19 of 48
    Yes, the nice "four rings" design does it for me too!

How about on the left front chest (maybe 5" square or so?) simply the AppleInsider name, with the four ring/Apple product graphic underneath? Maybe even tucked in a bit to the right of the descender in the second "p"? Then on the back, either "CONFIRMED!!!" or "Removed at the request of Apple legal".

Hell, offer both. Same front design, just a different phrase on back.

I'd purchase - and wear - both.

Maybe one gray and the other white, just to break it up a bit? Maybe even stylized line-art renderings of the Apple gear inside the 4 rings?

If this doesn't go through, I'll just buy some of that T-shirt iron-on transfer paper and make my own!

• Reply 20 of 48
    Ok pumpkins, i have an older and pretty screatched up Sony-Ericsson t616 phone which i can donate to the author of the best t-shirt design.

Get your designs together, let's make a deadline, pick a winner and get some t-shirts!

My company frequently gets t-shirts made for trade-shows etc, so maybe i can help somehow there? I don't know but i would like to help if i can.

Anyways, the phone is in perfect working order, with manual, charger, all that stuff, but like i've said a) It's t616 so it may work in your area if you live in Europe, and b) It's got few nicks and scratches, i will post some pics tomorrow.

Oh and since it was bought from SE directly it's fully unlocked, so it can be used with any carrier.