What's your favorite clothing brand?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For me, it's Energie. I love the fit, the style, the quality, and these clothes look great on me. Then Guess, perhaps. Then A|X.

Can't quite afford Boss, Paul Smith, Emporio Armani or Zegna, but if I could, I'd defintely have lots. I'd probably also go for some Versace.

For my girlfriend, it's Miss Sixty (godawful website), then Guess, then Sisley, then Mango.

It should be noted that Miss Sixty and Energie are the same brand. I also like Sisley's men's clothes and A|X has great women's clothes, too. Why is it that clothing lines that are generally good at designing women's clothing, are equally as good at designing men's clothing (and they're almost all Italian labels)? I guess it's really a testament to the overall skill of the brand's designers. Also, they will have the same quality of materials and workmanship and the same attention to detail.

Geez... after going to those horrible Energie and Miss Sixty websites, I am forced to plead with web designers to MAKE FLASH EFFICIENT!!!! Navigation is key, not effects. These are among the least usable websites I've ever seen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    I really couldn't say, I have a bunch of patagonia stuff, puma shoes, umm...I think I have some tommy hilfiger slacks, I don't really pay attention to that sort of stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I have a few Ben Sherman shirts that I really like.... but there are some that he makes that are hideous. I also wear Pumas.... they're my favorite shoe. Other then that it's a mix of anything really.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    I love my pumas, I have 4 pairs, there is a puma outlet where I live, 2 pairs for $60, that's just great!
  • Reply 4 of 28
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

...there is a puma outlet where I live, 2 pairs for $60, that's just great!

nice

I'm overdue for a new pair.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    donna karan new york

• Reply 6 of 28
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

DKNY was good a few years back, but the last two years have been terrible. And the shoes are just awful quality.

My girlfriend did buy a lovely coat from this year's collection, though. I've never really liked their men's stuff enough to justify the price.

If you live in Hong Kong I can imagine the premium you pay for DKNY. The price is quite reasonable in the states and I mainly like the casual stuff anyway, tshirts jeans that kind of thing, I do have a couple of nice shirts and a suit though.

I dont actually live in the states right now and there isnt much in Korea that fits me, I can sometimes find something at Clr!de or Giordano.

I really dont believe in paying for imported clothing, if Im in America Ill buy American, if Im in Korea Ill buy Korean, same goes for Australia too.

Just DKNY is my favourite label, makes me feel good when I get a new tshirt or jeans.
  • Reply 7 of 28
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Comme des Garcons.

No question.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Bergdorf Goodman or Hanes Beefy-Ts. Just kidding.

Jhane Barnes has some good stuff.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Whatever is on the rack at Target. I don't give a shit.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Whatever is on the rack at Target. I don't give a shit.

I second that.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Banana Republic
  • Reply 12 of 28
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i dont like to have brands too visible.

but i have incredibly hard time finding pants that are long enough, and that are cut enough straight (no butt). found a pair at dkny. i'll stick with those. as long as i will find my size, the model fits.
  • Reply 13 of 28
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Levi Strauss & Co.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    I try my best not to get caught up in the fashion trends or lables of the day. Something to do with the sheep/herd mentality of these times.

The Gap. I usually get a few hundred dollars of gift cards every couple of years and buy some pants and shirts there.

Ross. Shirts and sometimes jackets. Cheap. Got some great bowling shirt styles there.

Hardly ever spend my own money for clothes I guess. I'll spend money for underwear, socks and shoes though...only I know what is comfortable for my nads and toes...

I take good care of my clothes and I'll wear them until they fall apart.

• Reply 15 of 28
    More than one favourite ... but in some sort of preferential order:

Stussy

Aem'Kei

Levis Red

Modern Amusement

Evisu

Seal Kay

... and any Helmut Lang that I can afford.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    um.

do free departmental t-shirts constitute a brand?
  • Reply 17 of 28
    I'm a complete label whore and Stone Island is without a doubt my all-time favorite. I hardly ever look for anything other than jackets and knits from them anymore though, as the lines haven't been quite as interesting since creator Massimo Osti left. In the mid-nineties, SI put out some truly weird fabrics and designs: kevlar and steel thread 'attack-proof' jackets...jackets with inflatable neck rests for travelling or headphones built into the hood.

Paper Denim and Cloth for jeans. Lacoste or Aquascutum for casual shirts. I like Fred Perry track jackets, but not crazy about anything else they do. Supreme and A Bathing Ape for t-shirts and hats.

Nikes on my feet: Air Max 95s / Shox R4s or Dunks / AF1s.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    I like bloody animal hides.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    I don't go shopping often, as i truly hate malls and all that, so when i go i take 10 paris of pants, some shirts and whatever i need with me to a dressing room, and after 20 min i'm done shopping for few months.

Funny that usually i end up with something from Nautica.

As far as shoes, i'm more picky, i like salomon, and merell.

In general not too obsessed with brand names, usually you can see the quality stuff right away, and if it comes from this or that guy makes no difference.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    BR++