"Evolution" Censorship

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Done.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I admit to not reading this thread... but, evolutiion is for satanists. If you don't believe in the baby Jesus, then you're going to hell.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    [rant]

Fortunately I don't live in Georgia, but the 'feel good about yourself/others' and 'everyone is equally smart/talented' crap from the public school system has me seriously considering private school or even home schooling for my kids. Statistics easily show that home-schooled kids perform far better in the real world than those coming out of public education. Public education is so bogged down by the agenda of federal and state governments that one can barely call it education. This has been reflected in the poor performance of American schools to schools in many other countries around the world. Many of our brightest and most gifted students languish in the public school system because there is NO incentive for the schools to challenge them. We put so many more resources into ensuring that mentally disabled get access to public education because it makes us feel better about ourselves that we are accepting of them.

[/rant]
  • Reply 44 of 44
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    For once I agree in principle with Scott. Some of these elected officials in the Deep South seem to be on a crusade to rid the world of the notion of evolution. Ridiculous. Yes, yes, let's *ignore* the existing scientific explanations for things, because clearly that theory isn't as neat and tidy as the Biblical version and therefore has no merit. Mo-rons.

And people wonder why there are stereotypes galore, even in this day and age. Atlanta... Atlanta is supposed to be the center of leadership on social issues and the like... it is the defacto Capital of the South. And yet they continually put these religious crackpots and ultra-conservative (in a social sense) people into office.

[Newt Ding-rich was just the beginning, it would seem.]

Sad.