AppleInsider's Degrees of Separation

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Which scene? The father of a guy I know was in Night of the Living Dead - as one of the dead guys.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    I think everyone missed the point of this thread.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    I SAW JANNET JACKSON'S BOOB!
  • Reply 24 of 35
    OMG! BOOBIE
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I SAW JANNET JACKSON'S BOOB!

Me to... I have the pic if anyone wants me to PM or email it to them. I don't think it's appropriate to post on AI or AO. I must say it's not so pretty. The nipple ring thing is a bit too much for my tastes.

About this thread... I did walk by Gwyneth Paltrow once while in NY, but I can't say I talked to her. Does that count?
  • Reply 26 of 35
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

I think everyone missed the point of this thread.

As author of the thread, I'm not that upset about it. My original intent was a little difficult to actually pull off. What everybody's doing works.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Here you go, cosmonut: I am you. You know how you have those blackouts where you can't remember what you've been doing? Like right now?
  • Reply 28 of 35
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Sorry, but Murbot's Dad kicks all of your sorry, degree-separating asses (and Janet's boobie too). pwn3D!

• Reply 29 of 35
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    I interviewed Bruce Hornsby for an hour when he came to speak/play on campus in the college town where I lived after graduating in 1998.

I hung out with James Carville and George Stephanopoulos, watching via closed circuit TV as their guy debated Bush and Perot because a friend of my mother worked for Clinton's 1992 election campaign. Met Clinton after the debate, too.

Don Schula was a guest at the wedding of one of my cousins, and the reception took place at my parents' house, so I met him there.

I met Victor Wooten after a Flecktones show, when he walked up to me with a camera and asked me if I could take a picture of him with some friend or family member or something.

I was a newspaper journalist for a while, so I tended to meet a lot of Maryland politicians... senators, representatives, state delegates, the governor, etc. I also worked for the NBC affiliate in Richmond, VA for a while, so I got to know the "talent" there... people who think they're important, anyway.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rick1138

Which scene? The father of a guy I know was in Night of the Living Dead - as one of the dead guys.

He was one of the kids in the beginning.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

I interviewed Bruce Hornsby for an hour when he came to speak/play on campus in the college town where I lived after graduating in 1998.

I hung out with James Carville and George Stephanopoulos, watching via closed circuit TV as their guy debated Bush and Perot because a friend of my mother worked for Clinton's 1992 election campaign. Met Clinton after the debate, too.

Don Schula was a guest at the wedding of one of my cousins, and the reception took place at my parents' house, so I met him there.

I met Victor Wooten after a Flecktones show, when he walked up to me with a camera and asked me if I could take a picture of him with some friend or family member or something.

I was a newspaper journalist for a while, so I tended to meet a lot of Maryland politicians... senators, representatives, state delegates, the governor, etc. I also worked for the NBC affiliate in Richmond, VA for a while, so I got to know the "talent" there... people who think they're important, anyway. [/B]

Holy sh1t, politics, music, and sports... I think your post gets the prize for the topic (whatever that might be). Now get back out there and meet some famous actors, journalists, scientists, athletes, etc.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    There has to be some sort of cut-off here. We've all bumped into famous people, but how many of us are actually chummy with famous people?

Can I use Claire Forlani just because she whizzed past me on-set at the filming of Boys and Girls at UCB? Sure, but so did thousands of other people.

I'm not chummy with anybody famous.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I went golfing in (I think) 1990 with my best friend just outside of Calgary. We're waiting for our names to be called to the first tee when the starter comes over and says "if you boys don't mind, you'll be playing with these 2 gentlemen."

I look over, and here comes Al MacInnis and Gary ****ing Roberts. (for the non-hockey people, these guys play for the Calgary Flames)

Uh, yeah, we don't mind sir.

So we play 18 holes with Al and Gary. One of the best days of my life, man. They bought us beers and hot dogs at the turn, talked hockey, had them sign our scorecards. Freaking unreal. They could both bomb it a mile, and Gary got pissed off trying to hit one out of the trees and snapped a 4 iron over a stump. heh heh

Both class guys, and we had a hell of a time. And yes, I was nervous enough to puke on the first tee, since EVERYONE came out to watch the 4 of us tee off.

Oh, and I pumped Mike Vernon's gas once a couple years before that. Total prick.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I know Poppin' Fresh...all too well.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    http://www.drewprops.com/downloads/other/sixdegrees.pdf

Warning, it's a 700+ kilobyte download.

One of the people in that book emailed me back to say that they'd already been contacted via an old friend who'd received it from somebody else...so the degrees of separation sort of worked....