Grammys: Is it just me?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    The Grammys® blow.

Does anything else really need to be said about it?
  • Reply 42 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

The Grammys® blow.

Does anything else really need to be said about it?

yes.

and suck. at the same time.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Man, you people are either really old, or dead inside. No offense ofcourse.
  • Reply 44 of 56
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yah really! Maybe if we listened to more Puff Daddy and 50 Cent, we'd be more "alive", yo...
  • Reply 45 of 56
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Best album of the year: Absolution. Released last September. Can you buy it in the US? No. Why? Because it doesn't appeal to the narrow target market as defined by the crap record companies.

Pretty much, yeah. So I downloaded it a few days ago.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    I thought the Grammys were great this year. I really enjoyed Prince, The White Stripes and the whole funk thing was awesome. I can't remember the last time I watched the Grammys and I certainly can't remember the last time I thought three of the performances were really good. The lowlight for me was when Coldplay won. What a bunch of wankers, them and Radio Head should get on a plane together and crash. I'm so sick of that pretentious Brittish rock. It just leaves me limp.BTW, I'd argue that Outkast and 50cent are way more suburban than urban at this point and that the White Stripes should be classified as urban, well at least urban hipster.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Make it 9.

Outkast is the most sorry excuse for music, in history. That guy cannot sing, all he can do is stand around an act weird. That's not talent.

But then, the Grammy's aren't about talent anymore.. (if they ever were)
  • Reply 48 of 56
    how can he not sing?

He's in tune, he's on the beat, there are lyrics and melody...sounds like singing to me.

I mean, granted he's no Bobby Mcferrin or Stevie wonder(I'm talking about andre here) he still can sing.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    I missed the white stripes, does anyone know if that can be watched anywhere on the net?

thanks
  • Reply 50 of 56
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

I missed the white stripes, does anyone know if that can be watched anywhere on the net?

thanks

You can get it here from whitestripes.net. They also have a bunch of other videos and a few live concerts you can download.