Drudge Report claiming new Kerry scandal

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
«13456

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 109
    If this is true, it's over for Kerry. It's now Dean versus Edwards. Dean will be the nominee since Edwards is out of money. I think voters will also not like how Edwards was coauthor of the Patriot Act.
  • Reply 2 of 109
    If Wesley Clark knew about it, I wonder why he dropped out? I am sure he could have held out for another week or so until Wisconsin. I am not a Clark supporter, but it seems to me it would make sense for him...gotta feel (just a tad! ) for his supporters who are gonna be asking themselves this for a LONG time...
  • Reply 3 of 109
    [edit - link's working for me now]
  • Reply 4 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Horned_Frog

    If Wesley Clark knew about it, I wonder why he dropped out? I am sure he could have held out for another week or so until Wisconsin. I am not a Clark supporter, but it seems to me it would make sense for him...gotta feel (just a tad! ) for his supporters who are gonna be asking themselves this for a LONG time...



    He ran out of money and lost the Clintons' & DLC backing to Kerry. Kerry is the new DLC whipping boy now.



    What I find interesting about all of this is that:



    Kerry's voting (and non-voting) records don't matter to most voters.

    Kerry's link to special interests don't matter to most voters.

    Kerry's shady campaigning doesn't matter to most voters.



    No, the downfall of Kerry is sex.
  • Reply 5 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

    The link isn't working.



    Could you provide a synopsis?




    Removed story since you can get it now.
  • Reply 6 of 109
    like the presidental report on Iraq, nothing about kerry will come out till after the election...anyways, the kerry team will turn it back on bush, claiming that bush didn't like the late DWI report on him last election, that this is "smear" politics at its lowest, etc etc



    they can keep bringing up snorting coke(couldn't take the Air Force reserves medical exam in 1973 because it had manditory drug testing) rumors and AWOL rumors, drinking rumors (after the date he gave as "going sober") and infidelity rumors on GW also...





    ain't politics so lovely



    wouldn't it be nice if they ran on the issues....sadly that rarely happens



    g
  • Reply 7 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Existence

    He ran out of money and lost the Clintons' & DLC backing to Kerry. Kerry is the new DLC whipping boy now.





    But if the link you posted above is right then Edwards is out too...and he has not won any more states than Clark (1 to 1). I see and understand WHY he dropped out, but in light of this I think he could have waited anotehr week or so, partcipate in the debate this Sunday night and see what happens by Tuesday night. Ah well...
  • Reply 8 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Existence





    No, the downfall of Kerry is sex.




    It wasn't for Clinton. If I recall (and I was only in my early teens at the time) this is about the time of the campaign the Paula Jones scandal broke (or was Gennifer Flowers first?)
  • Reply 9 of 109
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I don't see anything in that article that suggests Kerry is in any sort of trouble. Everything is hearsay and unnamed sources. Typical drudge stuff.
  • Reply 10 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Horned_Frog

    It wasn't for Clinton. If I recall (and I was only in my early teens at the time) this is about the time of the campaign the Paula Jones scandal broke (or was Gennifer Flowers first?)



    Actually, Drudge broke the ML thing. The Clinton reference isn't really relevant since Clinton wasn't running against anyone--he was a sitting president.



    Oh and this is over for Kerry. Even the possiblity that this is true will hurt him. The chief premise (weak IMHO) of Kerry supporters has been that he is electable. They aren't passionate about him. If this stuff is true, Kerry just lost his "aura of electibility".



    {Edit: I don't like Drudge, but I am glad Kerry is finally getting some scrutiny. Drudge called Dean "Dr. Demento" after Iowa...}
  • Reply 11 of 109
    Yeah the Lewinski thing is what made Drudge...but the Flowers and Jones things happened when he was running for the first time in 1992 during the primaries (I think). Recall the Hillary "Standing by her man" thing.



    I heard on the radio that there may be pictures this time with Kerry. Who knows.
  • Reply 12 of 109
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 16,918member
    Well,



    We don't have any details, so it's too early to tell. It could possibly be a total disaster...or it could be merely a distraction. We'll have to see.
  • Reply 13 of 109
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member




    Someone wake me up. This is a dream come true. What could be better than a sex scandal in the middle of a primary. It's 1992 all over again!



    Yipppeeee!
  • Reply 14 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by BRussell





    Someone wake me up. This is a dream come true. What could be better than a sex scandal in the middle of a primary. It's 1992 all over again!



    Yipppeeee!




    8)
  • Reply 15 of 109
    i've always hoped in my lifetime that their would be a scenario where one of the parties would go to convention without it being sewn up by someone or another.

    maybe this could be that scenario.



    note to existence - keep the fire burning baby, i admire your....er...um optimism.
  • Reply 16 of 109
    Now, if this is true, I have to wonder something ...



    If this alleged tryst happened before the primaries got into full swing, why would he even consider running? Is he so ridiculously stupid that he thought that it wouldn't come to light and, likely, end his chance at the nomination?
  • Reply 17 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by audiopollution

    Now, if this is true, I have to wonder something ...



    If this alleged tryst happened before the primaries got into full swing, why would he even consider running? Is he so ridiculously stupid that he thought that it wouldn't come to light and, likely, end his chance at the nomination?




    Drudge alleges that Kerry told her to leave the country.
  • Reply 18 of 109
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Existence

    Drudge alleges that he told her to leave the country...



    Right, but that doesn't really affect my line of questioning.



    Regardless of whether he told her to leave, or not, the likelihood that something would be unearthed is fairly high. I still wonder.
  • Reply 19 of 109
    How reputable is the Drudge Report?
  • Reply 20 of 109
    Ah, **** America. Let's just have a civil war.
Sign In or Register to comment.