What's your profession

Comments

• Reply 61 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

First Year Undergraduate in BA History at LSE in London.

I'm living off the money I earned last year (I've been a Weigh-bridge Attendant, a Waiter, a Kitchen Assistant, a Washer-Uper, a Sommelier, a Box Packer... and I've worked in Hospitals, a Nursery, Factories, an Industrial Kitchen (you should f**kin' see where/how they prepare hospital food!), a Quarry, Pubs, Restaurants...)

Don't know what I want to do with my life proper tho' \

Isn't tuition free in UK? That at least gives you a little bit of financial freedom.
  • Reply 62 of 145
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by davechen

I'm a computer scientist. I do research in medical visualization, image processing and computer graphics at NIH. Got my degree from the same august department as Kickaha will.

You sound so optimistic!
  • Reply 63 of 145
    I am an IT / management consultant based in Japan, concentrating on various aspects of finance.
  • Reply 64 of 145
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

Jubelum, are you related to the guy? Are we related? My last name is Norton.

Very very distantly... I'm a 15th counsin of the America's Only Emperor.
  • Reply 65 of 145
    dglowdglow Posts: 147member
    software developer, UI designer, project manager, game producer

started out working on development environments, then moved to handheld OS design; today I build games for smartphones
  • Reply 66 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

How many musicians here? Just curious.

i know how ot play guit box, but i dont think i e'er been paid fer it. interestingly enough, a friend, who first learned to play through me is now making money at it. the bastard. he got really awesome though, while i went other directions.
  • Reply 67 of 145
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

If you don't mind me asking, why so long?

Quote:

Originally posted by DrCreations

I was an Adult Film producer for three years while in California, (about 7 years ago) I retired out of the business when I married, and moved to the Midwest for a more, let's say, tranquill life.

• Reply 68 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I'm a fire fighter and paramedic.

Actually a fire fighter and paramedic in training, but soon I'll be the real deal. I'm looking foreword to it, I love every second of it.

Edit:

I should add that I am currently applying for a position in the emergency room at a local hospital. I hope to start that in the second week of March. Wish me luck!

Hey DMBand,

More power to ya! You gotta love Third Watch eh? I do.
  • Reply 69 of 145
    Well, my first job is Mom. I have four kids, that makes it a full time job. After that I'm a Teacher because I am homeschooling three of the four at the moment.

My other job is an editor/graphic artist for college textbooks, primarily math, English, history, and economics.

Thus I don't do much posting.
  • Reply 70 of 145
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Alright then. Since none of you seem to care that I'm an out-of-work 'adult film' star...

I'm partner and lead designer in a motion design studio first and foremost, but also partner in a real estate holdings firm, partner in a seasonal craft business, and on the board of directors of a large microbrewery...of which I am also a major investor.

So there.

And DrCreations was always a gentleman on the set.
  • Reply 71 of 145
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    So what you're saying is...

Quote:

partner in a real estate holdings firm

Party at your house...

Quote:

partner and lead designer in a motion design studio

...you'll bring the flicks...

Quote:

on the board of directors of a large microbrewery

...and the beer.

• Reply 72 of 145
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fangorn

Well, my first job is Mom. I have four kids, that makes it a full time job. After that I'm a Teacher because I am homeschooling three of the four at the moment.

My other job is an editor/graphic artist for college textbooks, primarily math, English, history, and economics.

Thus I don't do much posting.

I applaud you for being a good parent. It takes a ton of effort to home school.

Bravo.
  • Reply 73 of 145
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

So what you're saying is...

Party at your house...

...you'll bring the flicks...

...and the beer.

That has got to be one of the most clever posts I have ever seen.

As Emperor, I hereby issue a decree to delay your next hard drive failure by seven months.

• Reply 74 of 145
    Well, officially I'm unemployed buuuuuuuuuut....

I'm a hip-hop/R&B producer (but I wanna do all types of music) trying to make some leway...currently workin on stuff and tryin to collaborate with as many artists as possible. Hopefully start my own label in the future....I just wanna be involved in music anyway possible though.

Nice to see a lot of musicians on here
  • Reply 75 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Alright then. Since none of you seem to care that I'm an out-of-work 'adult film' star...

I'm partner and lead designer in a motion design studio first and foremost, but also partner in a real estate holdings firm, partner in a seasonal craft business, and on the board of directors of a large microbrewery...of which I am also a major investor.

So there.

And DrCreations was always a gentleman on the set.

Wait... I used to be a part time fluffer, but I got fired for my "lack of enthusiasm". You wouldn't happen to be Randy Sizemore would you?
  • Reply 76 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Nice to see a lot of musicians on here

yes it is
  • Reply 77 of 145
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Propagandist.
  • Reply 78 of 145
    I'm a dancer and dance teacher (ballet, tap, jazz primarily). But what odd jobs have people done in the past to make ends meet? My top 3 would be banana packer (bloody hard work), life drawing class model (yes, yes like that - at least in the adult film industry you don't have to sit still) and HIV/AIDS educator. The latter's not that odd except it once involved dressing up as a giant intravenous syringe.
  • Reply 79 of 145
    to which i only respond bwah
  • Reply 80 of 145
    fact mechanic