What's your profession

Comments

• Reply 121 of 145
    This thing is now a year old... Do we want to continue it or should it be buried?
  • Reply 122 of 145
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Aspiring website designer; I'll see where that leads.
  • Reply 123 of 145
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    I write telecom software, at least for the next week (layoff #10 or so coming... can't dodge them forever), and build tube amplifiers as a hobby.

If the axe falls, road trip to Baffin Island to use up my car lease miles, and maybe game design or general contracting after that.
  • Reply 124 of 145
    I'm a pilot with an airline in Singapore, and i mostly use my pbook to surf. Its a little overkill i know but I bought it because i liked the bluetooth and couldn't be bothered to BTO. interesting spread of professions here...
  • Reply 125 of 145
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    yeah lots of art-related people here, too.

i'm an english lit major. my mom graduated with her bfa from mica. my brother is in his 3rd year at the cleveland institute of art (industrial design-- possibly automotive design.) etc etc
  • Reply 126 of 145
    rara Posts: 623member
    Full time student in computer science.

I also move heavy shit for a retail store part time.
  • Reply 127 of 145
    Well I'm back to the nudey modelling next weekend. I need a portable FW drive, and if I thought you wouldn't insult me, I'd open bidding on the pics. But as I know you would insult me, we're going to have to scratch that idea to make a quick buck.
  • Reply 128 of 145
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Well I'm back to the nudey modelling next weekend. I need a portable FW drive, and if I thought you wouldn't insult me, I'd open bidding on the pics. But as I know you would insult me, we're going to have to scratch that idea to make a quick buck.

Must be terrible for a dancer to freeze her movements during hours.

Do you see sometimes the results of the artists, or do you refuse to see it ?
  • Reply 129 of 145
    I'm an artwoker. In gact, the greatest artworker of all time.
  • Reply 130 of 145
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Student and lucky pants.

Both professional.
  • Reply 131 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by youngjohn

I'm an artwoker. In gact, the greatest artworker of all time.

Gact must be a really small place.
  • Reply 132 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Must be terrible for a dancer to freeze her movements during hours.

Do you see sometimes the results of the artists, or do you refuse to see it ?

It's difficult for anybody. If anything, being a dancer helps. I've had to hold insanely, uncomfortable positions in dance classes many a time. But yeah, after one or two incidents of muscle spasms or paralyzing one side of your body, you quickly learn to choose your poses carefully. Stopping yourself making unconscious movements is just as much of a challenge. The brief here is 5 minute action poses and 1 hour reclines. They both have their pitfalls.

Sure you can see the results. I usually wander around during breaks and check them out. See if they've done me justice. Once I wore the results for about a week because the teacher decided to give them an anatomy lesson by outlining bones and muscles all over my body with a black permanent marker pen.
  • Reply 133 of 145
    Master of computer science, currently working as development team leader, consultant, project manager, and sales guy in Enterprise Content Management and -- I dare not say -- Email Marketing.

In my spare time, i direct low budget movies and promote the Creative Commons License.
  • Reply 134 of 145
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

[B]Alright then. Since none of you seem to care that I'm an out-of-work 'adult film' star...

/B]

How about posting your movie credits.
  • Reply 135 of 145
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Sure you can see the results. I usually wander around during breaks and check them out. See if they've done me justice. Once I wore the results for about a week because the teacher decided to give them an anatomy lesson by outlining bones and muscles all over my body with a black permanent marker pen.

I guess that your retaliation for that one, was great
  • Reply 136 of 145
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    until recently, Account Manager at large european satellite company. Since a few months am a Proj Manager.
  • Reply 137 of 145
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    IT manager at the University of Texas.

I MANAGE IT!

• Reply 138 of 145
    Assistant Adjunct Professor (sounds better than it is) at Univ. of California San Francisco.

I take life apart in order to figure out how to put it back together again.
  • Reply 139 of 145
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    That's damn freaky!

Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

IT manager at the University of Texas.

I MANAGE IT!

• Reply 140 of 145
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Assistant Adjunct Professor (sounds better than it is) at Univ. of California San Francisco.

I take life apart in order to figure out how to put it back together again.

You kill people and cut them up and sew them back together again?