Apple Hypes MWSF 2002

Comments

• Reply 941 of 1761
    In the words of Wesly Willis...

Maaaacintahhhhhsh....Maaaacintahhhhhsh....Maaaacin tahhhhhsh....

Rock over SFO, Rock on Moscone!!

Apple computer...The word is getting around!!!!

• Reply 942 of 1761
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>What post are we at? Do you have to count them one by one or something?</strong><hr></blockquote>

nah, just check in the main future hardware thread listing, and it lists the number of replies (so if it says there are 999, that means 1000 posts have been made; the original starting post, and the 999 replies).

personally, i want the light to come up on stage, and stephen "dude, yer gettin' a dell" is talking to a mother and her teenage son in an apple store mock-up setting about coming over to the local best buy and checking out a dell, when steve comes over and beats the ever-living crap out of him.

i can dream, can't i?

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 943 of 1761
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    One day to MWSF:

The Macintosh Was Just The Beginning...
  • Reply 944 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>One day to MWSF:

The Macintosh Was Just The Beginning...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Holy Cow!

Lisa IIc (!)
  • Reply 945 of 1761
    david rdavid r Posts: 135member
    [quote]Originally posted by NoahJ:

<strong>One day to MWSF:

The Macintosh Was Just The Beginning...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did you make that up or do you know that this is the saying for day 1?
  • Reply 946 of 1761
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, folks, i am hitting the sheets. looking for ward to tomorrow morning's apple.com like i used to lok forward to seeing what santa had left me under the christmas tree (and i know there are SOME of you out there who are doing the EXACT same thing).

g'night, folks! see ya tomorrow!
  • Reply 946 of 1761
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    I love AI...

We have entered the eleventh hour...

I am giddy as a school girl...

Come'on iPad... ... ...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

-----------------------------

• Reply 948 of 1761
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>Do anyone think Apple will tone down the hype now that they've got the press (and Mac users) in a feeding frenzy?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think it'll continue on to Monday...

Some new perfectly thought out slogan that could have 4 different meanings... and they'll just sit back and laugh at the 1000s of posts here trying to figure them out.

BTW, I had a friend from out of town here tonight who is not into computers at all, and I was telling him about how I sold my iBook and am getting a new LCD iMac (probably) after Monday, and about all the rumors, etc. There's nothing like the blank stare of a non-computer loving person as you're trying to explain all this hype to them. Doesn't work.

After 15 minutes of animated explanation, he basically says "So, it's just a new computer you're buying?"

Some people just do not get it. Or maybe it's me who's the freak... haven't figured that out yet.
  • Reply 949 of 1761
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    Murbot, I know how ya feel...

I cant elicit the excitement that I feel in others either...

E PLURIBUS UNIX

-----------------------------

• Reply 950 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by meat99:

<strong>In the words of Wesly Willis...

Maaaacintahhhhhsh....Maaaacintahhhhhsh....Maaaacin tahhhhhsh....

Rock over SFO, Rock on Moscone!!

Apple computer...The word is getting around!!!!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm Touched!
  • Reply 951 of 1761
    1 Day To MacWorld San Francisco

1984. 1998. January 7, 2002.
  • Reply 952 of 1761
  • Reply 953 of 1761
    Think Secret posted some new stuff today that was pretty interesting. They report on a company memo that went out telling Apple employees to not leak any info. They also take some nasty shots at SpyMac's credibility (understandable). Good night all, I look forward to tomorrow's ridiculous and sickeningly fun speculation about the new slogan on Apple's homepage!
  • Reply 954 of 1761
    thentrothentro Posts: 231member
    Apple will put a java timer on the front page with a slogan like

"&lt; 11hrs 32 min 55sec &gt;until the new macintosh frontier"
  • Reply 955 of 1761
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    [quote]Originally posted by Chumley:

<strong>No PC has really got into the kitchen... iFridge anybody? (not as silly as it sounds ) <a href="http://www.xilinx.com/esp/technologies/consumer/webpad.htm"; target="_blank">Fridge Tablet</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.lge.com"; target="_blank">iFridge</a>

LG already does various internet controllable apps. I know the fridge is there and I own one of their air conditioners.

Also anybody familiar with the iHome project (been a few) would know houses can already be built with full internet and computer connectivity pretty much.
  • Reply 956 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by AppleCello:

<strong>Think Secret posted some new stuff today that was pretty interesting. They report on a company memo that went out telling Apple employees to not leak any info. They also take some nasty shots at SpyMac's credibility (understandable). Good night all, I look forward to tomorrow's ridiculous and sickeningly fun speculation about the new slogan on Apple's homepage! </strong><hr></blockquote>

It will be rediculous brother (hes actually my older brother). He sparked the macintosh fire that is burning in me today.

• Reply 957 of 1761
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>

It will be rediculous brother (hes actually my older brother). He sparked the macintosh fire that is burning in me today.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Awww isn't that sweet...
  • Reply 958 of 1761
    Here's another one for you guys. What will apple have on their site between 12:00pst monday morning and 11:xx pst when they announce it.

Typically apple even blankets the hardware @ the booths at MW because the convention opens before the products are announced. AKA the Cube and Airport base station for all those who attended.

I've been going to evey macworld for the past 5 years and I've never seen anything like this. These are the moments we treasure. Or these will be the moments when we regret not bringing rotten tomato's to throw @ steve after he announced a fast chip and walks off stage.

I'm excited and I arrive @ MWSF on wed. Usually I go to the keynote but i didn't plan on this being a large macworld. Boy do i regret that.

Keep on the big 1000. GO APPLE!!!!

Ciao,

Talon :cool:
  • Reply 959 of 1761
    [quote]Originally posted by psantora:

<strong>

Awww isn't that sweet...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is there anything wrong with this? What better a way to increase market share?

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 960 of 1761
    1 Day To MacWorld San Francisco.

Just one more sleepless night.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>