How often do you eat fast food? (Plus, McDonald's eliminates super size)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    There is no contrasting condition for the pig to feel bad about. The 18 inch cage is all it knows and it has no basis for comparison.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Civilized people DO NOT put Pigs in 18-inch wide cages, on concrete floors, indoors FOR LIFE. Anyone who eats the factory farmed meat served at McDonalds, et al is guilty of unethical treatment of animals.

No excuses.

What's unethical about it?
  • Reply 43 of 52
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I eat soylent green although blue's not bad either.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I eat pizza pretty often, but that almost counts as "real" food.

Hamburgers very, very rarely. I think McDonald's stuff tastes worst so even if I want a hamburger I go someplace else to get it. *Good* hamburgers are among my favorite foods though. It seems you get a good quality hamburger in a restaurant for about 1.5x the price of a McD meal, but then it's not fast food anymore.

The real fast food I eat is kebab, it's precisely what the body needs after drinking...
  • Reply 45 of 52
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Daver

Long live the grill.

Imagine... a burger just as thick and juicy as what's in the picture! Haven't been there in months, though. \

Wow...that looks almost as good as a Fuddruckers hamburger! I find it hard to imagine a fast food place showing a burger that actually looks like what their burgers look like. I mean you know how that is
  • Reply 46 of 52
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Wow...that looks almost as good as a Fuddruckers hamburger! I find it hard to imagine a fast food place showing a burger that actually looks like what their burgers look like. I mean you know how that is

Those are some big burgers!
  • Reply 47 of 52
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    I'm actually a little annoyed that they are taking the supr-sized sodas away. There's a MacD's right across the street from my gym and I stop in there all the time for a big-a$$ unsweetened Lipton's iced tea.

It really is just insipid marketing crap. It's not like Mayor McCheese is standing over your poor prone bodies shoving Big Macs down your protesting gullets with a plunger. You make the decision to walk in the door, you make the decision what to order. Oh wait, that's personal responsibility, can't have that.

"Your honor, just because my client went out in his asphalt overcoat in the middle of the night and laid down in the middle of a dark street in no way means he's responsible for getting hit by that car."
  • Reply 48 of 52
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I myself eat fast food roughly 3-5 times a week and have consistently done so for about 6 years now. But I just passed my last checkup at the doctor with flying colors.

Of course I run and play hockey a lot too...
  • Reply 49 of 52
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    I have to have protein for breakfast, so I get an Egg McMuffin from McD's (and a large black coffee) if I haven't had time to cook for myself. They're not too bad if they're freshly-made; but they're certainly better than nothing. Like I said, I have to have protein for breakfast or I get shaky.

There's a fast-food chicken place here - chicken marinated in tropical juices (orange, mango, papaya), and then flame-broiled. Very, very tasty. I get two pieces of chicken, beans, rice, and water. Of course, beans and rice together constitute a complete protein, or so I've read. At home I love black beans and rice. Yum. It's addictive.

Once every few months I'll get a Taco Bell chalupa. Yum. Very sinful - it's the shell that's sinful, but it's very yummy. With ground beef, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese. I don't want to find out how the shell is prepared. I don't eat them very often, and I don't want to ruin my enjoyment of the chalupa.

I have a highly addictive personality. I get addicted to lots of things. I once got addicted to baked cod fillets for about six straight months. I would come home every day from school and bake a thick chunk of cod fillet from Costco - took 45 minutes to bake, and was just delicious. My system became cleansed of red meat, though I hadn't sought that intentionally. Then I bought a hamburger from McD's one day, and after a few bites, I had to throw it away. It just seemed foul to me, though I had eaten them occasionally before the cod fillet stint. I made a pork roast the next week, but couldn't eat any of it. Just the smell of it cooking nauseated me. I gave it to the cat. It took me a LONG time before I could eat meat again - three or four years at least. And even then, I could only eat really expensive cuts and the highest quality of meat. That's still the case even now. I want to go back to cod fillets. I couldn't find them at Safeway though.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Carol, you are probably better off eating half of a protein bar in the morning than the egg mcmuffin...

just looking out for my fellow man :/...
  • Reply 51 of 52
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Don't you mean fellow wo-man? ...or am missing some meaning here (just had a 1 lb ribeye steak...brain...shutting...down....brrrrrrrzzzzzzt-t-t-t-t-t...)?

The thing about protein, Carole, have you heard of that eating program that strongly suggests a good-sized, high protein breakfast for women? Supposedly it enables her body to get a hefty start at generating seratonins throughout the day, which will result in a calm, serene, but not exhausted, mood by the end of the day. There is a complementary eating strategy for men as well, of which the major goal is high energy throughout the day, but not leaving the man dozed out by the end of the day. The overall objective is to put the man and woman in complementary emotional states for when they spend together time when work is over- the benefit being a healthy relationship that becomes stronger with the passing of every day, instead of being eroded in unnecessary arguments, irritability, and tiredness.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    On Saturday I had 2 hard tacos and 2 steak cheesy bean & rice burritos at Taco Bell. Twas good.

Friday night I went and got all you can eat pizza buffet....had like over 10 slices of pizza, a bunch of garlic bread, and some pasta.

I feel sorry for fat people